Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wods666
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Is the fire/lightning variant the best option? If yes, should I look at the elemental gear section?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
alger wrote:Is it a common thing in Median to respec only for a boss fight? For example, for Nymyr’s Light or Yshari Sanctum (forced mechanic: Purify), I feel it would be easier if I dumped all my stats and skill points into suvivability.

Any tips for these two fights?

I don'l like to respec just for 1 fight, but you may as well do it if it makes things easier.

I don't have any tips on Nymyr's Light b/c I haven't been able to try it this patch (the game crashes every time I try to enter the World Nexus). Maybe you can use some tips from the old guide. Just ignore everything about applying Open Wounds.

Wods666 wrote:Is the fire/lightning variant the best option? If yes, should I look at the elemental gear section?

post-clvl 120, yes.

Choice of spec doesn't really matter regarding gear for most things. Elemental vs. Physical is just a personal choice.
Liquidmetal777
Destroyer
6 | 6
Hi All,

I fairly new to median, (I played like back in 2006-2007 ish) so I don't know all the other class/oskill buffs/items.
1. I did not feel the need for Kabbulah offhand, so I have always used Shamanka offhand but now I am using an Eth Shark Xis and struggling to find an offhand buff (damage or def). Please suggest some good offhand buffs (damn you mark of the wild on barb axes only).
2. From my research of buffs, I saw skills like dragonheart and deathlord cornerstones and thought can we use that in combination with baneblade? That'll be pretty sick.

Thanks!
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Liquidmetal777 wrote:1. I did not feel the need for Kabbulah offhand, so I have always used Shamanka offhand but now I am using an Eth Shark Xis and struggling to find an offhand buff (damage or def). Please suggest some good offhand buffs (damn you mark of the wild on barb axes only).

Amn rune in orb + cloudladder shield (for skill) early game.
AmnXis + Cloudladder with NIH's (or celestial barrier +6 if you are rich) late game will give you probably highest in game bloodlust buff with good enough duration.
Liquidmetal777
Destroyer
6 | 6
ABeLina wrote:
Liquidmetal777 wrote:1. I did not feel the need for Kabbulah offhand, so I have always used Shamanka offhand but now I am using an Eth Shark Xis and struggling to find an offhand buff (damage or def). Please suggest some good offhand buffs (damn you mark of the wild on barb axes only).

Amn rune in orb + cloudladder shield (for skill) early game.
AmnXis + Cloudladder with NIH's (or celestial barrier +6 if you are rich) late game will give you probably highest in game bloodlust buff with good enough duration.

I don't need more bloodlust. Since I am using Shark Xis, the blood lust would keep overwriting it so it would be pointless imo.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Question on my mid game transition gear

Here's what i'm considering. lmk if i should make any changes (if suggesting SU/SSU plz try not to mention pricy ones lol. idk what sells well yet, so my tg income is relatively stagnant. siging most set pieces till 400 sigs, outside specific ones i know are used). I don't have access to great runes either, some RW options would change once i do

Helm - Witchhunters Hood w/ 4 io runes
Chest - Erawan in an eth sacred Gambeson (11% ed base) w/ 5 LL + dex% or fhr jewels
Weapon - Honorific Sacred Warp blade w/ abandon bless (temp weapon, not enough abandon shrines) (will be a Shark Xis eventually. but can't clear teganze just yet, and haven't come across an eth sacred warp blade)
shield - 2 ctb abandon craft bone shield (not going to worry about 5% phys reduction yet, just the 2% CtB while working on a better)
Belt - Truce in a 17% ed eth plated belt (helm and erawan help immensely with meeting the str requirements alongside charms. would use my 13% heavy if i could. but too much investment)
Boots - Either Megalith or Craton in eth sacred boots
gloves - abandon crafted, abandon blessed
ring 1 - Asura's Bane (not the best, but it's a nice 150% undead damage bonus for the area's i'm farming. swapped to empyrean outside those)
ring 2 - Empyrean (have seal of the nephalim kings atm, good for defense)
Ammulet - 3 skill 16 hive Klaatu Barada Nikto (will try to get ahold of the unique +max res ring/ammulet mo for it. but depends on the cost)

Trying to get the Henchmen Trophies set for teganze, since it'd outright trivialize that area.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nobody seems to wanna lmk. So i'll just put that together with mf jewels initially and head into k3k with it. Depending on how that goes i'll adjust it to a more duncraig friendly version.

I can already do duncraig without any struggles currently. maybe one death if i do something really stupid. with the sorc set (took a lvl or two added, and one or two item changes but now it's relatively easy) But i feel like adding that much mf to my gear without a better weapon might hold me back a bit. The overall defenses i have will probably be substantially better that's for certain. And i'll need to find a good balance of mf jewels vs life leech jewels. (k3k drops so many pgems, that a switchover isn't anything difficult)

Spring break in 2 weeks. that's when i'll do a severe amount of build testing. I have enough bella's now to mess around a bit.
Rowean
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cyborgtemplar wrote:Nobody seems to wanna lmk. So i'll just put that together with mf jewels initially and head into k3k with it. Depending on how that goes i'll adjust it to a more duncraig friendly version.

I will assess what you wrote later tonight. My suggestion for you is to focus on mercenaries set as it a very good mid to late option.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rowean wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:Nobody seems to wanna lmk. So i'll just put that together with mf jewels initially and head into k3k with it. Depending on how that goes i'll adjust it to a more duncraig friendly version.

I will assess what you wrote later tonight. My suggestion for you is to focus on mercenaries set as it a very good mid to late option.

The mysteries set is what i have equipped and is doing relatively well. At least up to duncraig isn't much of a concern.

I'm looking into more of a transitional build that can also do duncraig, but with higher mf on it. A RW/SU setup with one or two abandoned should hit 75% block easier, will have higher defense % (or relatively similar at least), better damage output, and a couple hundred mf. Since i'll add +mf to the base. Sure it's an eth sorc armor, but not high enough i'd be comfortable putting a Xis runeword into it.
Rowean
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cyborgtemplar wrote:
Rowean wrote:

The mysteries set is what i have equipped and is doing relatively well. At least up to duncraig isn't much of a concern.

I'm looking into more of a transitional build that can also do duncraig, but with higher mf on it. A RW/SU setup with one or two abandoned should hit 75% block easier, will have higher defense % (or relatively similar at least), better damage output, and a couple hundred mf. Since i'll add +mf to the base. Sure it's an eth sorc armor, but not high enough i'd be comfortable putting a Xis runeword into it.

MF items will be worse than the mysteries set to do duncraig as they provide less bonuses or even negative ones (like
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
Required Level: 100
Item Level: 105
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
) . So there is no MF items that will make you clear duncraig as fast as if you had the mysteries set on. Nevertheless there are a couple things that you can do to increase your MF while not hurting your clear speed that much.

a) Start putting MF jewels + MF MO in your mysteries set progressively. I would maintain 6x Jah in the weapon.
b) Get 120 and 125 charms, and 400 sigs. You can start disenchanting SU/SET items for sigs while doing dunc runs. Those 400 sigs go into dex
c) Increase your level
d) Focus on your mercenary weapon (
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (150 - 163) to (233 - 246)
Two-Hand Damage: (206 - 225) to (285 - 305)
Required Strength: 480
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
6% Chance to cast level 40 Pentagram on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+(30 to 60)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(100 to 250) Life after each Kill
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
) to give you bloodlust (or buy
Shamanka
Shamanka
Long Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 58
Required Dexterity: 203
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
+(3 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(6 to 16) to Bloodlust
Maximum Life +(10 to 13)%
Fire Resist +(50 to 70)%
Lightning Resist +(50 to 70)%
Socketed (4)
)

Once you have the above, my recommendation to pivot away from mysteries set to increase MF further would be as follows:

Focus on getting
Shark (Xis)
eth (eth
Steel Punisher
Steel Punisher
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (172 - 187) to (332 - 358)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
Spiral Dance: +300% Bonus Magic Damage
15% Chance to cast level 25 ATMG Sentry on Melee Attack
+(1 to 2) to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 40-100 Damage
(15 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
10% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
is too damn rare and expensive, unless you are willing to throw 400tg). Anything that is not Eth will not provide you with big boosts so skip a normal steel punisher. Shark is enough power to compensate for the loss of power from equipping the following items:

- Armor
Hratli's Craft
Hratli's Craft
Ring Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (6628 - 7311) to (7292 - 8043)
Required Strength:
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
50% Hit Recovery
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Dexterity
Physical Resist 10%
40% Magic Find
Requirements -40%
Socketed (6)
- very cheap to buy (i can sell you one in fact)
- helm
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Dexterity: 392
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
- very expensive and despite how good its stats look its not that big of a boost compared with merc circlet. This is the only item that works for MF and final build.
- gloves
Dacana's Fist
Dacana's Fist
Chain Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (515 - 1545) to (565 - 1695)
Required Strength: 575
+(0 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(-300 to 300) to Life
Elemental Resists (-50 to 30)%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(-25 to 15)% to Experience Gained
(-100 to 60)% Gold Find
(0 to 60)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
- very cheap
- belt:
Lilith's Temptation
Lilith's Temptation
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3680 - 4089) to (4031 - 4479)
3% Chance to cast level 2 Time Strike on Striking
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
(60 to 100)% Magic Find
Requirements -100%
Socketed (2)
- expensive

With these 4 items +1*mf ring + mf jewels i get to 505% MF. I am able to clear dunc with no deaths with up to 4 people in the game. With more than 4 people I start swapping the MF gear with some non-mf one to increase damage.

Hope it helps.