Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
genmashi wrote:Quick Question about the base items for
Rebel (Xis)
and
Shark (Xis)
I made these:
► Show Spoiler

Are they good enough? As far as I know they can be max 55%ed, right?
How much phys res can the armor get?

And jewels: 2% life and mana stolen per hit + 2% dex on all 8? (+Hit Recovery on armor)

It's my first Xis Runeword and i want to do everything right :)
Thank you for your help!

Max ED = 55%. Max Phys Res = 1%. So yes, those bases are good.

The biggest thing is making sure you're gonna have 129%+ IAS to hit the 5 fpa BP. You should 45% from Charms at this stage, and the weapon gives 40%. So you'll need 44% from other sources (i.e. jewels). After that, use your HR jewels.

And don't forget to use Oils of Luck on all your jewels before socketing them into your gear.

Eyeconix wrote:Hey I am new to Median XL and this is my first Character so far playing smoothly till i hit NM which you stated to make sure you have max resistances which i can not seem to do at the moment. I currently have all T3 TU uniques and i have orbed my t4 honorific gloves with one of each HR, STR, DEX, WD, MF of these Orbs besides WD which i dont know what it is XD also i have place random P gems in my armour because i dont under stand how you allocate the gems in the armour do i Place 1 type in one set of armour like all bloodstone in chest all topaz in helm .... and so on if anyone could help me that would be amazing !!!

Ok, a couple things to clarify.

Mystic Orbs:
When it says "HR, STR, DEX, WD, MF," it's just a general progression overview of what MOs to add in which order. If there's no specific number, it means add 5x. So, for example, you'd add 5x HR, then 5x STR, then 5x DEX, etc. as your clvl allows. If you need to only add a set amount of MOs, it will say something like "3x LoA, 2x MoA." If you need to add a specific amount of MOs at a specific time, the walkthrough will point that out.

WD = 1-2 Weapon Damage (armor MOs)

Socket Fillers (Perfect Res Gems):
For general play, I add 1x Amber, 1x Bloodstone, 1x Onyx, and 1x Turquoise in each 4 socket armor piece. I add 2x Amber, 2x Bloodstone, 1x Onyx, 1x Turquoise in Body Armor. And 1x Onyx and 1x Turquoise in the belt. Any additional res you need you can get from Emeralds, Rubies, Sapphires, and Topazes in your Shield. Obviously, you'll need to adjust this arrangement occasionally for certain bosses/Ubers.
Eyeconix
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Thanks for the fast response this helped out a lot sorry for being such a bother XD
genmashi
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:And don't forget to use Oils of Luck on all your jewels before socketing them into your gear.

Would have forgotten that for sure.
Thank you!
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Can you update the ubers? I hate thinking for myself and it's so frustrating trying to do these hard ubers without someone just telling me how to do them with the build im playing.

I can't fucking be bothered learning these dumb ass fights that are pure cancer and only playing this game because im bored as fuck with gaming and life and there's nothing else to do in my pathetic life than play this d2 mod.

God I wish grim dawn forgotten gods expansion would come out already so I can get off this trash game and have some real fun and not deal with devs stupid design philosophy to make shit hard just to be hard. Mechanics that aren't creative or fun. Shit that's just clearly purely designed.

About to just switch to barbarian since if i'm going to play a game that's challenging, why not just play the overall clearly best character just to make it even less challenging than the other classes that give me a higher chance of winning everything? /rant over
basically11
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
for the rings, Is flat DR Physical damage reduced by 6? so with both rings having a total of 60 physical damage reduced?
genmashi
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
basically11 wrote:for the rings, Is flat DR Physical damage reduced by 6? so with both rings having a total of 60 physical damage reduced?

correct!

How important is it to get the 280 HR Breakpoint?
Or is it enough to get the 109?

FHR:
5/11/20/35/60/109/280 (3 fpa)
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
109 is enough.
Lucargene
Destroyer
6 | 0
I found an amulet recently with a heavy reference to starcraft (khadaryn backwards) and wondered if that would be decent enough for mid game. It has a decent proc (psionic storm) res and + skills and a few other things.
Chrysamere
Pit Knight
100 | 0
How much -enemy res is needed to farm fautzen or dunc? atm i got 108%. I equip a +1 quov tsin talisman. would a +3 klaatu be better for dps?
Eyeconix
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
So you state in the guide keeping you eye out for sacred gear is this gear to replace what im currently wearing or is this going to be crafted in the future or something cause i looked through guide and didnt really see anything else about the gear you listed here and im totally new to the game so no idea what i would be doing with these i have like the jared stone (sacred) and Sash(sacred) but one is magical and one is rare any input on this would be greatly appreciated

As you progress, you’ll start to notice Sacred gear drop. From here on, keep an eye out for the following Sacred and T4 items:
Sacred Warp Blade (not Crystal Sword)
Sacred Ceremonial Armor (or highest grade Sorc Body Armor you can find)
Sacred Sash
Sacred Leather Gloves
Sacred Boots (the ones marked "Boots")
T4 or Sacred Jared's Stone
T4 Sash
T4 Leather Gloves