Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fallen21
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gzeno wrote:
fallen21 wrote:How is
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
seems pretty good for my damage output plus it has defence but I need a new belt since nero loses a lot of its utlity.

This is one of the rarest weapons in the game, so this isnt something I would rely on.

Also this sword works for pretty much any classes that uses wdm, any classes can make this weapon best in slot.

OK cool I got it in SP and thought it was awesome but I am pretty new so did not know that.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fallen21 wrote:OK cool I got it in SP and thought it was awesome but I am pretty new so did not know that.

Don't let that discourage you from playing around with it, though.

If you wanna build around it, partner it with other gear that boosts Spell Damage/Cold Spell damage. More -Enemy Cold Res wouldn't hurt either (-135% ECR for mobs and -170% ECR for bosses are the numbers to hit). And since it gains Cold damage based on VIT, try experimenting with diverting points from DEX to VIT until you find a good damage to survivability ratio.
Selenis
Destroyer
6 | 0
Solfege wrote:Yeah, that's odd.

I haven't noticed that personally, so I did some quick testing with about a dozen different T1 TUs (both found and created) and couldn't replicate the bug. But I'm also still on the 1.1.2 patch. So maybe something happened during the 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 patch updates. Or the bug is just really random.

I know AC farming is kind of a pain since you're still at a low level, but I'm curious what happens if you use the Unique Item Creation recipe to reroll one of those items. Otherwise, try gambling T2 bases and see what happens when you create your TU weapon+body armor from those.

Also, you don't need T2 TUs until A5 anyway, so it's not gonna hurt your playthrough. But it still isn't right.

Thank you for the feedback. I was kinda hoping, it is because additional tiers were introduced (I'm hearing about there being 6 tiers instead of the 4 mentioned on wikis).
Your suggested tests were what I have in mind. I will also report this to the dev team as a bug.

Edit: Using the Unique cube recipe with two AC on the bugged item gives me the expected results according to wiki. So just the uptier process itself is bugged.
fallen21
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
fallen21 wrote:OK cool I got it in SP and thought it was awesome but I am pretty new so did not know that.

Don't let that discourage you from playing around with it, though.

If you wanna build around it, partner it with other gear that boosts Spell Damage/Cold Spell damage. More -Enemy Cold Res wouldn't hurt either (-135% ECR for mobs and -170% ECR for bosses are the numbers to hit). And since it gains Cold damage based on VIT, try experimenting with diverting points from DEX to VIT until you find a good damage to survivability ratio.

Cool thank you currently got a set up mostly sacred crafted equips then a shiver hood can sorta handle p8 k3k solo with max block, max resistance, 200k defense but only 15% physical resist. I think I need more life steal but not sure which one is best. My strategy is keeping Moonstrike and winter avatar up and attacking with blades.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the end game build doesnt specify what to M/O beads of snake queen with. im assuming dr and mf?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
fallen21 wrote:Cool thank you currently got a set up mostly sacred crafted equips then a shiver hood can sorta handle p8 k3k solo with max block, max resistance, 200k defense but only 15% physical resist. I think I need more life steal but not sure which one is best. My strategy is keeping Moonstrike and winter avatar up and attacking with blades.

Probably LoA, with some LaeK.

LL likely won't be as helpful for a build like that b/c your Phys damage is gonna be prettly low.

RageQuit wrote:the end game build doesnt specify what to M/O beads of snake queen with. im assuming dr and mf?

It's like that b/c I've never once found that amulet, so I've never been able to test stuff with it.

I'd probably save it for UMOs such as
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
10% Bonus to Attack Rating
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
(if Phys) or
The Endless Light
The Endless Light
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
-2% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+100 Defense
3% Bonus to Defense
+10 Required Level
(if Elemental). Otherwise, MF is fine.
dannybees
Destroyer
6 | 0
With the latest patch, are you guys having luck with the fighter-mage merc? Or switched it up? I've got a fighter mage with probably ~90% of the spec'd equipment and he's getting wrecked pretty easily it seems. The defensive stuff he puts out is decent when he's alive, but I think a solid tank would be better in cases of farming dunc, teganze, etc. Am I wrong to say this? What are you guys having luck with? If I went with barb, I would most likely follow the Merc Guide .... thoughts?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You're not wrong.

All mercs can be made to work if you watch out for them (e.g. pull them back when they're in trouble). But Heroic Strength so heavily tips the scales in favor of STR-based mercs (even after the Barb STR nerf), that there's little reason to use any merc other than Barb. He's tougher, requires almost no maintenance outside gearing, and has a bigger pool of items to choose from.

Hopefully, mercs get reworked/rebalanced at some point to make other mercs more useful. But until then, just use op A5 merc.
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Just a little tip I learned in another thread for Tenganze... Edyrems. Get the charm to summon them, if you can, and keep as close to 10 of them up at all times. They absorb the little elemental balls fairly well and distract the umbaru spirits as well. I typically summon them right in front of the enemies then run into the group, trying to keep the edyrem between you and the enemies as much as possible and burn them down with bladestorm. Its working great so far! Also try to keep maxed resistance as much as possible. With the set im able to get all but poison to 83. I just dont worry about poison cause it takes a little longer to die and can be healed through. Good luck!
Pancarte
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I managed to get an Eth Steel punisher and i'd like to use UMOs on it. Im hesitant between
Ten Pin Striker
Ten Pin Striker
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% to Strength
Target Takes Additional Damage of 100
+10 Required Level
or
Warbringer
Warbringer
Mystic Orb