Well so far into this season melee sorc feels more like paper than an actual melee that's supposed to tank mobs and leech them. My current build is everything from the endgame list, but rings. In my mind melee sorc dmg ridiculously low, with the items I mentioned I can't even finish dimensional lvl 6 with full inventory of pots. With current build took me 30-40 min to tickle Uldyssian to death. meanwhile some amazons kill him in 2-4mins. So if there is a way to change my dmg big time and not being paper anymore will be great, here is the build atm https://tsw.vn.cz/char/MeleeShmatka
Apologies ahead of time for the long post.ULDY (and boss fights in general)
Imo, damage (per se) isn't the main problem. True, Melee Sorc DPS isn’t on par with the meta builds, but the mechanics
of Bladestorm and Fusillade are what really hold Melee Sorc back.
First, they’re terrible against mobs. They have no real AoE, and the number of targets you can hit at one time is extremely limited.
Second, they’re ok if you’re only dealing with 1 target because all the missiles focus on that single target. But once another target comes into range, your missiles start bouncing between the 2 targets, greatly reducing your per-target DPS. This is why bosses such as Uldy take so long. Not only is he almost impossible to hit with Fusillade, but Bladestorm’s missiles have to bounce among Uldy and each of his Edyrem.
For a long time now, I’ve wanted to post a comprehensive critique on the current state of Melee Sorc in one of the "Bugs&Feedback" threads. Something that would explain in detail the problems, but also offer possible solutions. But I know it'll just get ignored because "Sorc is fine™." :eyeroll:LABS
Ok, so I've been playing around in Labs with the Base Kit. Here are a few suggestions.
Some general things:
- I’d consider Labs as the ultimate End Game content, so you want to be as prepared as possible before doing them (e.g. overleveled, fully-orbed gear, good Charms, and relevant Trophies).
- Melee Sorc is not a top-tier build, and it’s certainly not a meta build. It needs more investment than something like Javazon or Poison Sorc might need.
- Even fully maxed (best gear, UMOs), Melee Sorc probably isn’t making it past Lab 8.
Some things based on your NotArmory page:
- Your DEX is really low. This is likely a big reason why your damage is lower than it should be. Melee Sorcs want as much DEX as they can get. By End Game, zero points should be in STR. All points should be in DEX. Any STR you need should come from Charms.
- You’ve only eaten 299 Signets of Learning.
- You’re only clvl 135.
- You haven’t maxed out MOs on your gear. If you’re saving room for UMOs, get them first, then worry about higher Labs.
- Ignore leech as an Elemental build. Life on Melee Attack is what you want to stack, but it looks like you have Starhawk orbed with Mana on Melee Attack instead of LoMA. This is reducing your survivability.
- I assume you’re hitting all your Breakpoints? (Idk where NotArmory shows that.)
- I assume all Jewels were crafted with a flat Attributes Catalyst and were luckied? (I don't see where NotArmory shows mods added from the Catalyst or from Oils of Luck.)
- Do you have perfect, or near perfect, versions of Charms giving Attributes, Life, Skills, and Max Res? And do you also have helpful Trophies?
- Do you have good rolls on your Umbaru Treasure (Teganze charm) and Corrupted Wormhole (Triune charm)?
- Your Life seems kinda low. Are you at least hitting 10k Life?
If I think of more, I’ll add them to this post.
Spelling and grammar + minor clarification regarding DEX.