Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ntf1015 wrote:Probably a dumb question, but where is the best place to farm to find a emp band? Haven't found a single one while leveling multiple characters to 120....

Not a dumb question. Empys seem rare af now (same with Teganze Pendant). It’s nbd if you don’t have them. Rings are your least important gear slot.

Idk if there's a good place to farm Unique jewelry at clvl 120, except maybe K3KBA. But you can use the TU creation recipe to try and roll some (Ring+2x AC+Oil of Enhancement). The outcome is random, tho. And gl actually creating one. I’ve never been able to create Empys, and only successfully created Teganze Pendant once.

LowGish wrote:hmm.. u going for (fire/lightning) why not poison/lightning or posion/fire?
the 20% phys-res are pretty strong tho?

Poison/Lightning is a good starter. But Poison/Fire was too unorthodox for a lot of newbs. A lot of first-time players couldn’t seem to get the hang of the playstyle.

Fire/Lightning is flexible and simple to understand. And since this is a beginner’s guide, it made sense to just go with that. Plus, it seems like the devs have been pushing Melee Sorc in that direction anyway, so...
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Fortunately, I created an emp band on my second try with a ring. Lucky me I guess? No luck after that. lol

Edit: Tried a lottery roll on it and failed, of course. :(
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
what does fsd and efr mean?
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Fire spell damage and - enemy fire resistance
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
my merc, dies to everything i have both field plate perfect crafted +2 skill and spectum balefire. krys rw.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Define "everything." I'm just finishing up the 115 Ubers, so haven't made it past testing TUs on my merc yet.

Also, do you have his gear socketed with perfect res Gems? If not, it helps a lot.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
he dies sunless, ta, and cows.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Hmm. Idk then. Mine is still using TUs and about the only time he dies is when he wanders too far away and gets hit-locked.

I did orb all his armor with TCD to boost his defence a little. And as I said, p-res gems socketed in his armor.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
my merc set-up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDzRJejMtM

also at what point do you transition from set to late game? i have steel punisher but i feel it's not worth it alone to remove the full set bonus.
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
How much mf is enough for farming for the end game gear? Im currently at 121 with the full mid game gear, with the mysteries set, and I only have 103 mf. Is that enough?