Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
appuru wrote:It worked after 15 tries or so, almost died trying to pick it up due to desynch issues :bounce:

EDIT: for maximum effectiveness play this while attempting this strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Also, I'm glad I won't have to do this again with a melee sorc:

how long did it take you to kill him? running same items except rouge and having trouble denting him.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
In the cheaper alt setup, why's the RebelXis preferable instead of just using the xis version of Curandera?
There's only like 10% phy res from circlet and a well rolled spike shield?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
A couple reasons:
> It helps you more easily reach max block. On top of the nice flat DEX bonus, flat STR = more base points for DEX = nice total DEX boost b/c %DEX multipliers from socket fillers. Nn for a ton of Phys Res if you don't get hit.
> It gives a significant damage boost compared to Curandera. And in End-Game, damage is king. Higher killspeed = less chance to get hit = nn for high Phys Res.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Thank you for the in-depth answer. Was wondering if the damage vs defense trade off was worth it and you explained exactly what I needed.
Vyniu
Invader
8 | 0
129 (5 fpa)

is it max?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yes.
Vyniu
Invader
8 | 0
Have 230 -.- need to change
havocspartan
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Solfege wrote:
havocspartan wrote:Can you help me to understand why I am switching out my Wedding Dress for Curandera?

Don't worry about swapping out your TU Body Armor until you move into Mid-Game. Mid-Game is more about survivability, and there are Ubers during that stage for which Phys Res is more helpful than defense. That's where Curandera comes into play.

Just as a follow up, is having a higher maximum resistance not something to push for mid to end game? Some of the other response you give talk about doing more damage to kill faster to not get hit. Does 75 vs 80 max resists not make a huge difference in ubers/end game? What would happen if you tried to achieve say, 95 max resist for ubers (any char)? Would it be useless because ubers stick to physical and magic damage?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
90 is the max possible, but yes, 75 to 80 is a big change. its 5% less damage taken from elemental sources. By endgame, its mostly not necessary apart from certain uber completion though. You can get 3% from the kabraxis charm and 2% from azmodan, both easily done on this build, and ideally both in the midgame transition, so fairly early. Generally, you're better off stacking well-crafted jewels instead of res gems though since those only give 1% max per gem.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:90 is the max possible, but yes, 75 to 80 is a big change. its 5% less damage taken from elemental sources. By endgame, its mostly not necessary apart from certain uber completion though. You can get 3% from the kabraxis charm and 2% from azmodan, both easily done on this build, and ideally both in the midgame transition, so fairly early. Generally, you're better off stacking well-crafted jewels instead of res gems though since those only give 1% max per gem.

75% to 80% max res is actually a 20% damage reduction, not 5%. You get hit for 100 elemental damage, and you'll now take 20 damage instead of 25. That's why max res can be so important.

And 90% res versus 75% res is 60% less elemental damage taken.