Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 264
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Junmun wrote:For the Jewel crafting part of the build, I don't see Ber listed (in the recipe page) as a Ber crafted Jewel for socketables. Am I missing something here?

Changed in 2.0, it's Lum now for life and mana steal.
sonear
Invader
8 | 0
does anyone have an idea about the belt slot? currently using truce, but i dont really need any of the stats it gives. stun/slow attack is nice, but i think more damage would be more beneficial. nero seems to be removed, but path of flame is on fuse, would that be a good option? i dont have the rune so i cant test it atm :/

otherwise im using 3 piece of the set with steel punisher (thanks goblin), wind runner and hammerfist. still using a bad amulet and 1 bad ring, no luck there. build feels more tanky than last season and damage seems a bit better, but i guess thats because of my weapon. bladestorm nerf sucks ass tho, cant survive in dunc/faunzt with it. spiral dance makes me "unkillable" in those high density areas, but i dont really like that skill much. running around with fire/lightning spec atm because im at 46% phys without poison or tenacity. best part yet was teganze, can just brain afk through it while i had to use a different char to farm the runes last season
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 264
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Fuse doesn't have the flat damage that Nero used to; the fire procs might be okay but we don't really scale those. I'd also look at
Black Void
Black Void
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3060 - 3442) to (3304 - 3717)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Target Takes Additional Damage of (25 to 50)
30% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Champion of the Triune
Champion of the Triune
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 5209 to 6598
Required Level: 115
Required Strength: 665
Ethereal
6% Chance to cast level 1 Force Blast on Melee Attack
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
5% Deadly Strike
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(100 to 1000) Defense
Elemental Resists -15%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)

Anyway, for my part, I've got a bunch of the 125 ubers done on TUs + 2 piece set + tons of perfect amethysts, but I play singleplayer and my damage is pretty abysmal (can't clear Xazax before timer runs out / he spawns like 6 Pentients and makes my life hell) so I will probably go level another character to farm for upgrades and come back to this build later. Wind Runner would help a lot but I just don't have the patience to do that with 5k-9k Fusillade.

And I did the math for crystal sword build; I would need like 100 pierce just to match my current damage, so I don't think that's a viable route out.

edit: though i would like to add, gambling for any tier 1 crystal sword at level 15 to upgrade shark feels like a good idea. you want to go back to warp blade at tier 2, but crystal sword will help you through act 2 and act 3. good idea for any build to get another upgrade around that time, too - spearzon going from t1 shark spear to t1 shark pike, for example
sonear
Invader
8 | 0
i saw those belts, but im playing ssf, so a runeword would be more resonable. but it seems like i just have to keep on farming and hoping i will drop one of those belts. thanks for the input :)
Vindicit
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I'm looking into respecing to a melee sorceress as my farming lightning build isnt cutting it for bosses. Would it be worth while for me to farm a combat speed cycle charm? To me it feels like if one charm can take a bunch of attack speed, cast speed, hit recovery and block speed away from needing it all on gear it could free up more gear choices. But I have not played a melee char yet so I dunno.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 264
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Eh, it's pretty easy to get the 129 attack speed.
Cast speed is useful on swap for kabbalah but that's about it (and 6 FCR jewels in a bone/spiked shield gets you to 7 frames, not as good as 8 but good enough).
Baneblade makes you hit 5 block frames all by itself. 4 is just nice to have, not necessary.
Hit recovery is the only speed that's really useful on melee sorc.

Just go for dex or life on your wormhole, IMO.
Vindicit
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
When you guys get a
Steel Punisher
Steel Punisher
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (172 - 187) to (332 - 358)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 400
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
Spiral Dance: +300% Bonus Magic Damage
15% Chance to cast level 25 ATMG Sentry on Melee Attack
+(1 to 2) to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 40-100 Damage
(15 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
10% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
do you start using Spiral Dance and stop using Bladestorm? Or situational? Not at all?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Vindicit wrote:When you guys get a
Steel Punisher
Steel Punisher
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (172 - 187) to (332 - 358)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 400
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
Spiral Dance: +300% Bonus Magic Damage
15% Chance to cast level 25 ATMG Sentry on Melee Attack
+(1 to 2) to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 40-100 Damage
(15 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
10% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
do you start using Spiral Dance and stop using Bladestorm? Or situational? Not at all?

It depends more on the player than the situation. Some people really like Spiral Dance, so they replace Bladestorm with it as their main. Personally, I don't like it and rarely use it. It's decent against tankier mobs. But since it's a delayed attack with a small AoE, you've usually killed whatever mob you were fighting before the nova has a chance to hit anything. It's also worse than Bladestorm against single targets (or, it was in the past).

Regarding Triune charm:
The note about saving room for Combat Speed cycles is there mostly because enough people over the years have been interested in maxing all their bps. So it's listed as an option for those people. As for Block Speed vs. Hit Recovery bps, HR is better until later in End Game when you've hit Max Block. At that point, BS is a bit more helpful b/c CtB becomes more important than defense. So in late End Game, if you're stuck having to choose which bp to max (HR or BS), it's often a good idea to max BS first, then HR if you can.
notalma
Azure Drake
168 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am 138 lv melee sorc and I am lacking dmg any suggestions?
https://median-xl.com/char/Notalma
and tbh u dont need anymore 2base block to reach 50 block so maybe there is some other better shields?
i am thinking best shield would be
Svalinn

Svalinn
Shields

'RhalLoOhn'
Runeword Level: 115
-1% to Enemy Elemental Resistances per 150 Dexterity
8% Chance to cast level 7 Life Spark when Blocking
1% Base Block Chance
15% Block Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(151 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 40) to all Attributes
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Fire Resist +(20 to 25)%
Lightning Resist +(20 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(20 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(20 to 25)%
Fire Absorb (3 to 5)%
Physical Resist 5%
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Death Spur
(the reason for using this over other options becomes clear once you have access to Baneblade)

Not so clear to me. Could you elaborate?