Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
do we have any advantages taking melee spec over cold sorc (or even light sorc)?

i already dislike the melee playstyle with cold spec, but if it's the "fotm"/ best spec regarding farming late game area (scosglen / ubers), then i'd go for it
notalma
Azure Drake
168 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
loreth2021 wrote:do we have any advantages taking melee spec over cold sorc (or even light sorc)?

i already dislike the melee playstyle with cold spec, but if it's the "fotm"/ best spec regarding farming late game area (scosglen / ubers), then i'd go for it

I agree Cold sorc atm is very strong but melee sorc has some advantages:

1) melee can easily make 90 all rez 50 phyz rez 50 block chance + life steal and she is undying
2) ubers with melee is not that different from cold sorc atm I can do almost all ubers but i think its more experience then character (with few exceptions)
3) If u playing with party u can tank a lot while others deal dmg and solo i can do easily to lab 7 but melee sorc not that big dmg so it takes a bit longer then cold sorc

My gear atm : https://median-xl.com/char/Notalma
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Yeah, pretty much agreed with that. Cold sorc has a little better damage (especially AoE), but melee simply refuses to die.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
notalma wrote:
loreth2021 wrote:do we have any advantages taking melee spec over cold sorc (or even light sorc)?

1) melee can easily make 90 all rez 50 phyz rez 50 block chance + life steal and she is undying
2) ubers with melee is not that different from cold sorc atm I can do almost all ubers but i think its more experience then character (with few exceptions)
3) If u playing with party u can tank a lot while others deal dmg and solo i can do easily to lab 7 but melee sorc not that big dmg so it takes a bit longer then cold sorc

thanks for the explanation!

is it possible to farm scosglen with 140 and having the melee set only? im 137 light with ele set and lunar ecplise as the only ssu item farming fauzt very easy. from 140 i have to decide if i spec into cold or try even melee, as light isnt the best spec for starting scosgl.
notalma
Azure Drake
168 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
loreth2021 wrote:
notalma wrote:

thanks for the explanation!

is it possible to farm scosglen with 140 and having the melee set only? im 137 light with ele set and lunar ecplise as the only ssu item farming fauzt very easy. from 140 i have to decide if i spec into cold or try even melee, as light isnt the best spec for starting scosgl.

Only with set i dont think so or at least will be hard, for me scosgl is a bit useless, not bad drops but no exp at all even in fautz is better, but labs is way better exp and drops are good
Prypcio
Imp
5 | 0
I dunno, maybe it's cause I'm in SP and I'm missing lot of key uniques, but feelsbad when I see people obliterating content with cold setup. My sorc's fussilade does a fraction of damage that a cold sorc does with glacial torrent.

Just managed to do Void, thought I'd share some notes as the main guide doesn't have any yet

► Show Spoiler

my current gear
► Show Spoiler
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
notalma wrote:I am 138 lv melee sorc and I am lacking dmg any suggestions?
https://median-xl.com/char/Notalma

You're geared as a Phys build, but NotArmory says you have a point into Paradigm Shift. If so, it's decreasing your Phys damage output pretty substantially.

Jitan, Come On wrote:
Death Spur
(the reason for using this over other options becomes clear once you have access to Baneblade)

Not so clear to me. Could you elaborate?

Baneblade gives you another Phys damage multiplier. As these multipliers get bigger, flat damage mods have more of an impact on total damage output. And since Death Spur's flat damage increases with your clvl, it continues to make you stronger as you level.

GUIDE UPDATE:

I started posting updates last night, and editing out mistake this evening. Things should now be up-to-date up to Xazax (though there may still be some mistakes that need correcting). It looks like that's as far as I can go with TUs+RWs, so remaining updates may take more time b/c I’ll need to spend countless boring hours doing mindless drone work farm for sigs and better stuff now.

Also, I've nearly hit the character limit on all 3 posts the guide takes up b/c I write too much. I can't add any more info unless I can pare things down. If anyone has any suggestions on what to cut, lmk.
cthomlison
Destroyer
7 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Do you prefer phys or the ele setup?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
There is no tested ele setup, not yet.

Cold Blood/Dawn + Svalinn looks like it has huge potential, though. Probably Hellfire Plate and QT amulet, same gear as all the ele barbs and wolves right now.

On anything less than that you're better off sticking to physical. The break-even point with the set warp blade and TUs is like 100 pierce, it's hard to imagine ele being better before the absolute top end.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah. I'm not sure if Elemental is there yet, but it does get more and more promising with nearly every new patch.

I prefer Phys mostly b/c it's easier to build for (at least, atm) and I'm used to how it works. But I'd like to run an Elemental build from the beginning, if for nothing else than to see how it compares to Phys in practice.