Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
wizzybizzy87
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
wizzybizzy87 wrote:Would you consider a switch from Fire/Lighting to Frost/Lightning in the midgame? I have survivability issues in level 115/120 areas and I feel like the frost tree would help mitigate some damage.

You should be playing ice + lightning from lvl 1. The base def from ice and the tcd from lightning and baneblade makes you really hard to hit for enemies. When you have decent block chance, you can drop lightning for fire, because the big def is no longer needed with decent block, and the life from fire helps you to survive burst better, and can help you avoid getting hitlocked, not to mention firedance, which is awesome when bosses get tanky in the 120+ or 125+ bracket. Ice is still the best in my opinion, the base def still gives a lot with baneblade, and the %life is always great, especially with the life from fire.

Okay thank you! I'll give ice a shot. What do you consider "decent block"? Upwards 50%?
Wolff
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi guys few questions regarding melee sorc.

1) How strong is melee sorc in 1.6 in terms of farming fautz/bremm/dunc and in terms of high ubers?
2) What's the best gearing path?
3) Is cold/light still the way to go for high defense?
4) Is it worth using the summons swords and summon Familiar? They die a lot it seems.

Thanks!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Wolff wrote:Hi guys few questions regarding melee sorc.

1) How strong is melee sorc in 1.6 in terms of farming fautz/bremm/dunc and in terms of high ubers?
2) What's the best gearing path?
3) Is cold/light still the way to go for high defense?
4) Is it worth using the summons swords and summon Familiar? They die a lot it seems.

Thanks!

1, It is decent for farming dunc and bremm, not so much for fauzt because there are a lot of ranged enemies. Its not by by any means, but ranged enemies slow clear quite a bit. I have done almost every uber with melee sorc.
2, Set is amazing, get it and it carries you a long way.
3, Only if you have low block. Onve you have decent block, id say around 50%, its better to go for fire and cold. Read a few posts above.
4, Familiars are untargetable, they cant die, and yes, summon swords are useless, you dont need them, melee sorc is tanky enough already.
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Familiar is a "dump the rest of your points to get next milestone (+1all skills per 4lvls)" thing. It starts high level (8 or 12 even) then gets lower when you respec with enough +max skill level charms (so your main skills get points and you have less left for familiar). In any case its invulnerable and adds a nice boost
Archaniol
Pit Knight
107 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello, wanna Ask for best option for phys weapon? Have Eth Warp Blade and think about any runeword or just pick steel punisher? If runeword what jewels Craft?
jastin
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Archaniol wrote:Hello, wanna Ask for best option for phys weapon? Have Eth Warp Blade and think about any runeword or just pick steel punisher? If runeword what jewels Craft?

Steel punisher is good, especially if you need more leech/physical resist. Crafted weapon can be pretty good, aim for 200% ed/200-275 max damage and ideally with a proc. Jewels for runeword should be crafted leech jewels, 1 with indestructible. Try to get 2% dex on jewels, and ias if you need to hit breakpoints.
Archaniol
Pit Knight
107 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
jastin wrote:
Archaniol wrote:Hello, wanna Ask for best option for phys weapon? Have Eth Warp Blade and think about any runeword or just pick steel punisher? If runeword what jewels Craft?

Steel punisher is good, especially if you need more leech/physical resist. Crafted weapon can be pretty good, aim for 200% ed/200-275 max damage and ideally with a proc. Jewels for runeword should be crafted leech jewels, 1 with indestructible. Try to get 2% dex on jewels, and ias if you need to hit breakpoints.

Thank you M8 for explain will try get some good jewels ;)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge

Shark xis is always a good choice for 1handed weapons.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Any advice on overall UMO use?
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
This Guide could really use some emphasis on "Get to lvl 24 for Blade Storm" I think that's lost in translation in the weeds.

Also is this guide going to get an update / is there another more updated Melee Sorc Guide ? I am long time player / Trap rat main but trying my dexy hands at another 2nd build for fun sad to see this isn't updated.

Anyone else have thoughts on the 2/3 elements to choose? I like Fire for life/regen and dmg buff, guide says lightning other but I dunno Cold gets you MoaR minions and still flat defense is Mana really an issue by by mid/late/end game ?

Thanks for any and all input -

Web