Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It doesn't matter. Just make sure you have the mods you want from the Oil of Luck bonus before blessing and adding MOs. The blessing is just being used as an extra bonus, so you don't need a perfect roll on that.
Fendraz
Invader
8 | 0
Solfege wrote:It doesn't matter. Just make sure you have the mods you want from the Oil of Luck bonus before blessing and adding MOs. The blessing is just being used as an extra bonus, so you don't need a perfect roll on that.

Sweet. Thanks for quick answer, appreciate it.! :) loving the build by the way.
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Solfege wrote:It's not bad, per se, but Elemental isn't as good as a Phys setup (imo) since all your buffs are dedicated to boosting Phys damage.

Since you're dealing almost no Phys damage, LL won't do you much good with an Elemental setup. You'll need more LoA (and maybe some LaeK) to make up for it. Nih-crafted Jewels would be a good place to start.

thanks, i'll have to remake all those jewels that I put LL on XD but that hopefully will help, i also need to boost my FHR right now it is at 200 but I need it to be 290?

Also I'm having a lot of trouble with kabraxis...any pointers?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You don't need that much HR. 109 (4 fpa BP) is fine. Focus more on FBR instead.

Kabraxis is basically about dodging+Fusillade (and doing more damage than he heals between deaths). Now that he doesn't heal from minion death, you can attempt to use Blade Spirits as distractions, but they'll die so quickly it's probably not worth the effort.

Here's an old vid of the basic Kabraxis strat. His AI has changed a little, so it won't be that easy, but it will give you a general idea of what to do.
► Show Spoiler
Tialda
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey there, i've a newbie question :)

i just started this game last week and decided to try your guide. so far its quite nice :)
managed to get the eng game gear (physical)
there you recommended the sockets for each equipment piece

my question:
do i unsock your recommendation in the armor and shield and use crafted jewels with 2% dex insted?
i'll loose a lot of dmg compared to the 5% dex from Io Rune i think ?
im at 130 ias / 197 fhr / 260 fbr
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
BREAKPOINTS

IAS:
10/37/92 (5 fpa) - Crystal Sword (-20 WSM)
6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM)
FBR:
3/7/13/20/32/48/75/129/280 (4 fpa)
FHR:
5/11/20/35/60/109/280 (3 fpa)

When crafting jewels, there are three Rune options to consider for this build:

Ber
+(1 to 2)% Life Stolen per Hit and +(1 to 2)% Mana Stolen per Hit
Nih
+(2 to 8) Life on Attack and +(2 to 8) Mana on Attack
On
+(2 to 4) Life after each Kill and +(2 to 4) Mana after each Kill

All three of these options serve to replenish your Life and Mana, but in different ways.

Life/Mana Leech (Ber) replenishes your resources by returning a certain percentage of the Physical weapon damage you deal as Life/Mana. Works best with Wraithsword and Fusillade since 100% of their damage is Physical.
Pros: Both direct melee hits and the missiles from Wraithsword, Fusillade, and Bladestorm will trigger the effect (though in Bladestorm's case, the effect will be significantly less due to the Physical-to-Magic damage conversion).
Cons: Resources cannot be leeched from anything that's Physical-immune. Also, there are penalties to leech in Terror and Destruction.
Life/Mana on Attack (Nih)Returns a certain number of flat Life/Mana points every time you strike a monster with a melee hit.
Pros: A more utilitarian option, since the amount of Physical damage dealt has no effect on the amount of resources returned and monster immunities are irrelevant. As long as a monster is struck with a melee hit, resources will be replenished.
Cons: LoA only applies to direct melee hits. Wraithsword's and Bladestorm's missiles will not trigger LoA, nor will Fusillade.
Life/Mana after each Kill (On)Returns a certain number of flat Life/Mana points for every monster you kill.
Pros: Does not discriminate when it comes to how you kill a monster, as long as you're the one doing the actual killing. Spells, procs, and missiles from Wraithsword, Bladestorm, and Fusillade can all trigger LaeK/MaeK.
Cons: You actually have to kill a monster for it to work--which means, in some places and during certain fights, all resource regeneration will need to come from other sources.

Here's what you'll need to craft a jewel, as well as what stats to look for:

Base components:

ilvl 99 Jewel (found anywhere in Hell)
Acrane Shards/Arcane Crystals
Rune of your choice
Oil of Craft

Stats to look for:

+2% DEX or +1% All Attributes (required*)
+%IAS/HR/FBR (required, listed in order of priority)
+%AR (highly recommended)
+Life (recommended)
+Poison/Fire Resistance (recommended)
+Lightning/Cold Resistance (nice to have)
+DEX (nice to have)

*Either mod is fine for non-Xis RWs, but only use Jewels with +2% DEX Xis RWs.

To craft a jewel, simply cube a jewel with an Arcane Shard/Arcane Crystal, an Oil of Craft, and the appropriate Rune. This will return a crafted jewel (-%ilvl), Arcane Shards (-1 qty.), and the rune. If the jewel is satisfactory, cube it again with an Oil of Luck to potentially add flat stat mods.

Note:
Because the crafting process reduces a jewel's ilvl by 5%, it's recommended you not craft the same jewel more than 6 times, otherwise the jewel's ilvl will be too low to spawn the necessary mods.

-----

Copy pasted from the guide.
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
bugfree wrote:I think this Melee sorceres is a waste of time ^^ and resource. Its rly rly hard to make ...Ias Block rate Block speed ...give me a brake man ....and in the end u cant even do a 120 uber :)))))))))))))))))))))) ....With my summoner necro i afk on Kabraxis and he dies without even taking 1% of my 22 K hp :))))))))

I can do 120 Ubers just fine with this build...Kingdom of Shadow being the biggest pain in the ass but that's all due to how the uber itself works.
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
any tricks for knowing which one is the real belial? i'm struggling, also i changed to the physical build and still having trouble staying alive, do i just suck?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Tbh, there's so much stuff on screen druing the Belial fight that I never know what's going on. I personally can't tell which one is the real Belial, but supposedly, he's a different color (purple, or something). There's also something about him turning into a rat. Idk. I always end up killing him by accident. I just run around, dodge spells, Fusillade stuff, Bladestorm stuff when I can, and retreat to regen when necessary.

More generally, part of staying alive is knowing which playstyle to use at what time. Sometimes, you can get away with playing cautiously. But sometimes, you need to be super aggressive to make sure you're leeching as much as possible to supplement your regen. And make sure you're not forgetting about Force Blast. It can be a life saver.

You can also try a different spec. If Fire/Lightning doesn't fit your desired playstyle, maybe you'd like Poison/Lightning. It's a comparable spec that some ppl actually like better. Gear choices are basically the same, you're just changing up your defensive passives (i.e. swapping out regen for Phys Res). And since you'll have extra Skill Points with Poison/Lightning, I'd recommend at least 5 points into Symbol of Esu. Also, Miasma is one of the few spells you can cast with Baneblade active.
Tialda
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
lazyknob wrote:BREAKPOINTS

IAS:
10/37/92 (5 fpa) - Crystal Sword (-20 WSM)
6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM)
FBR:
3/7/13/20/32/48/75/129/280 (4 fpa)
FHR:
5/11/20/35/60/109/280 (3 fpa)

When crafting jewels, there are three Rune options to consider for this build:

Ber
+(1 to 2)% Life Stolen per Hit and +(1 to 2)% Mana Stolen per Hit
Nih
+(2 to 8) Life on Attack and +(2 to 8) Mana on Attack
On
+(2 to 4) Life after each Kill and +(2 to 4) Mana after each Kill

All three of these options serve to replenish your Life and Mana, but in different ways.

Life/Mana Leech (Ber) replenishes your resources by returning a certain percentage of the Physical weapon damage you deal as Life/Mana. Works best with Wraithsword and Fusillade since 100% of their damage is Physical.
Pros: Both direct melee hits and the missiles from Wraithsword, Fusillade, and Bladestorm will trigger the effect (though in Bladestorm's case, the effect will be significantly less due to the Physical-to-Magic damage conversion).
Cons: Resources cannot be leeched from anything that's Physical-immune. Also, there are penalties to leech in Terror and Destruction.
Life/Mana on Attack (Nih)Returns a certain number of flat Life/Mana points every time you strike a monster with a melee hit.
Pros: A more utilitarian option, since the amount of Physical damage dealt has no effect on the amount of resources returned and monster immunities are irrelevant. As long as a monster is struck with a melee hit, resources will be replenished.
Cons: LoA only applies to direct melee hits. Wraithsword's and Bladestorm's missiles will not trigger LoA, nor will Fusillade.
Life/Mana after each Kill (On)Returns a certain number of flat Life/Mana points for every monster you kill.
Pros: Does not discriminate when it comes to how you kill a monster, as long as you're the one doing the actual killing. Spells, procs, and missiles from Wraithsword, Bladestorm, and Fusillade can all trigger LaeK/MaeK.
Cons: You actually have to kill a monster for it to work--which means, in some places and during certain fights, all resource regeneration will need to come from other sources.

Here's what you'll need to craft a jewel, as well as what stats to look for:

Base components:

ilvl 99 Jewel (found anywhere in Hell)
Acrane Shards/Arcane Crystals
Rune of your choice
Oil of Craft

Stats to look for:

+2% DEX or +1% All Attributes (required*)
+%IAS/HR/FBR (required, listed in order of priority)
+%AR (highly recommended)
+Life (recommended)
+Poison/Fire Resistance (recommended)
+Lightning/Cold Resistance (nice to have)
+DEX (nice to have)

*Either mod is fine for non-Xis RWs, but only use Jewels with +2% DEX Xis RWs.

To craft a jewel, simply cube a jewel with an Arcane Shard/Arcane Crystal, an Oil of Craft, and the appropriate Rune. This will return a crafted jewel (-%ilvl), Arcane Shards (-1 qty.), and the rune. If the jewel is satisfactory, cube it again with an Oil of Luck to potentially add flat stat mods.

Note:
Because the crafting process reduces a jewel's ilvl by 5%, it's recommended you not craft the same jewel more than 6 times, otherwise the jewel's ilvl will be too low to spawn the necessary mods.

-----

Copy pasted from the guide.

didnt answered my question at all -_-
i saw that section in the guide..
read my question and than think again