Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Chrysamere
Pit Knight
100 | 0
What would be the best socket to put in this?
GRANDLarsony
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Does the attack damage tooltip on the character pane factor in -elemental resistances. My gut tells me no, because I’m sure resistances vary from mob to mob, but just want to make sure.
NuggetPls
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can you explain the reasoning for switching from the ceremonial armor TU to the erawan runeword? I'm a big noob so I don't know much, but it seems like the switch made me weaker with marginally better defenses. What am I not understanding about this runeword?

Also while I'm at it, I'm currently switching most of my gear to the alt midgame gear and I'm pretty much set except for the sacred honorifics because I don't have enough strength for them yet and I was wondering if I should respec and place some strength (I placed everything in dex) or should I be able to reach the required str with gear? I'm at 377 str right now so I'm somewhat close to what I need

My character name is Bikkje if you wanna check my gear maybe I messed something up not sure
alger
Imp
4 | 0
Really nice guide, thanks!

Quick question: I rolled a base for Shark with 55%ed 46%ar (with oil) and I'm not sure if I should keep trying or use it. I feel like Attack Rating doesn't matter much; I mean it feels easy to hit 95%. Do you think high AR could be needed for late game bosses (I'm 125)?
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
alger wrote:Really nice guide, thanks!

Quick question: I rolled a base for Shark with 55%ed 46%ar (with oil) and I'm not sure if I should keep trying or use it. I feel like Attack Rating doesn't matter much; I mean it feels easy to hit 95%. Do you think high AR could be needed for late game bosses (I'm 125)?

You can try rolling for AR on Jewels along with the needed speeds that you need. If you get Wind Runner shoes though you probably wont have to worry that much about Attack Rating as they have 250% AR on them.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Chrysamere wrote:What would be the best socket to put in this?
► Show Spoiler

P-Rainbow Stones or Io Runes

GRANDLarsony wrote:Does the attack damage tooltip on the character pane factor in -elemental resistances. My gut tells me no, because I’m sure resistances vary from mob to mob, but just want to make sure.

Sadly, no.

NuggetPls wrote:Can you explain the reasoning for switching from the ceremonial armor TU to the erawan runeword? I'm a big noob so I don't know much, but it seems like the switch made me weaker with marginally better defenses. What am I not understanding about this runeword?

Also while I'm at it, I'm currently switching most of my gear to the alt midgame gear and I'm pretty much set except for the sacred honorifics because I don't have enough strength for them yet and I was wondering if I should respec and place some strength (I placed everything in dex) or should I be able to reach the required str with gear? I'm at 377 str right now so I'm somewhat close to what I need

My character name is Bikkje if you wanna check my gear maybe I messed something up not sure

Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
is used for the Phys Res (which is needed in certain Ubers) and the STR bonus (which will help you equip Sacred gear.

Yes, you'll need points into STR to equip Sacred Honorifics. How much depends on your Charms' +Attributes rolls and whether you're using +1% All Attributes jewels in your Body Armor (which is recommended).

alger wrote:Really nice guide, thanks!

That base is fine. An AR roll of at least +100% would be better, but some AR is better than none. Some later Ubers used to require massive amounts of AR to hit them (Yshari bosses, Uldy, Laz, and Witch for applying OW, etc.). But I did Yshari the other day and had no problems, and OW isn't a thing anymore, so insane AR probably isn't needed.
lastxresort
Prowler
18 | 1
Should i over cap res for general play or only for specific ubers?

Thanks
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Only specific Ubers. 75%-80% res is fine for general play.
hoanganh97
Cultist
24 | 0
Solfege wrote:Only specific Ubers. 75%-80% res is fine for general play.

do u think about phys and ele what is the best build
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It sounds like Elemental performs fine, but I'm personally going Phys atm simply b/c Sorc's melee buffs are currently designed for boosting Phys damage, which makes Phys builds easier to gear.