Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Hypnos
Destroyer
6 | 0
Belt
Sacred Honorific Sash (Abandoned-bless)

Gloves
Sacred Honorific Leather Gloves (Abandoned-bless)

Isnt this impossible? or am i missing something?
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
It can't be impossible, she benefits from Dex (abandoned craft and/or bless) and when going on a budget honorifics are fine, more MO space at it's worst, and if i may say so what really hurts the melee sorc is actual physical dmg, and mostly cause of it's main attack melee tree skills that well..are not worth investing more than 1 point on, except fusilade this one is great for bosses but just that. The melee set is fine for 120 maybe even 130+ with some patience but really you will surely want one of the sacred warp swords for either physical or elemental dmg, or at least craft a warp sword with close to 200% ED and over 250 max dmg, maybe up to +6 sorc skills, procs and other goodies, patience is a virtue. Block from Dex is good, but be aware that with a few points in the poison tree you can get a lot of % physical res, and keep farming Duncraig (physical res is good here) or Dimensional labs 6+ and up to 10 (here have the +max res gems in gear), and then respec and progress when you have better gear.
Hypnos
Destroyer
6 | 0
DacianDraco wrote:It can't be impossible, she benefits from Dex (abandoned craft and/or bless) and when going on a budget honorifics are fine, more MO space at it's worst, and if i may say so what really hurts the melee sorc is actual physical dmg, and mostly cause of it's main attack melee tree skills that well..are not worth investing more than 1 point on, except fusilade this one is great for bosses but just that. The melee set is fine for 120 maybe even 130+ with some patience but really you will surely want one of the sacred warp swords for either physical or elemental dmg, or at least craft a warp sword with close to 200% ED and over 250 max dmg, maybe up to +6 sorc skills, procs and other goodies, patience is a virtue. Block from Dex is good, but be aware that with a few points in the poison tree you can get a lot of % physical res, and keep farming Duncraig (physical res is good here) or Dimensional labs 6+ and up to 10 (here have the +max res gems in gear), and then respec and progress when you have better gear.

What i mean is, isnt it impossible to put shrines on a sacred honorific item?
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
You can bless sacred honorifics, you just can't reroll them with a shrine unless they're rare quality.
Hyperstimulated
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i have the full mysteries set, but also a star hawk. is it worth the damage upgrade to no longer use the full set or is it worth waiting on more of the end game gear before i start using it. and if so how much should i be waiting out for

thanks
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hyperstimulated wrote:i have the full mysteries set, but also a star hawk. is it worth the damage upgrade to no longer use the full set or is it worth waiting on more of the end game gear before i start using it. and if so how much should i be waiting out for

thanks

Keep using the Set until you have other gear to pair with Starhawk.

The Set focuses on Phys damage, and your passive/buff skills boost only that damage type. Since Starhawk's primary damage type is flat Elemental, you'll need to rely on other gear with high Elemental pierce, more flat Elemental damage, etc. to make using Starhawk effective.

I'd personally recommend sticking with a Phys setup throughout the game, and treating the Elemental setup as a fun novelty to play around with in late End-Game. You're simply able to do more with cheaper gear as a Phys build due to how Sorc's melee passive/buff skills work.

That said, even as a Phys build, you'll still need Starhawk to kill the Elemental Spirits to get to Fauzt, and against Iron Giants in Yshari, so don't get rid of it.
Hyperstimulated
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
Hyperstimulated wrote:i have the full mysteries set, but also a star hawk. is it worth the damage upgrade to no longer use the full set or is it worth waiting on more of the end game gear before i start using it. and if so how much should i be waiting out for

thanks

Keep using the Set until you have other gear to pair with Starhawk.

The Set focuses on Phys damage, and your passive/buff skills boost only that damage type. Since Starhawk's primary damage type is flat Elemental, you'll need to rely on other gear with high Elemental pierce, more flat Elemental damage, etc. to make using Starhawk effective.

I'd personally recommend sticking with a Phys setup throughout the game, and treating the Elemental setup as a fun novelty to play around with in late End-Game. You're simply able to do more with cheaper gear as a Phys build due to how Sorc's melee passive/buff skills work.

That said, even as a Phys build, you'll still need Starhawk to kill the Elemental Spirits to get to Fauzt, and against Iron Giants in Yshari, so don't get rid of it.

thanks.

I'm still a bit confused by Orbs and some of the acronyms, is there a list where they are spelt out in full floating about? and by Flat DR you mean the phys damage reduced by 6?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hyperstimulated wrote:thanks.

I'm still a bit confused by Orbs and some of the acronyms, is there a list where they are spelt out in full floating about? and by Flat DR you mean the phys damage reduced by 6?

There's a link to an abbreviations wiki page in the EZ Nav section at the beginning of the guide, but I'll post it here as well.
https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Abbreviations
Some of the abbreviations changed with Sigma, and I don't think I did a very good job updating them in the guide. I'll clean it up before the next patch. In the meantime, feel free to ask if something is confusing.

And yes, Flat DR = Phys Damage reduced by 6.
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Found a steel punisher, finally can try this out :D
Fellfrosch
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is there anybody out there that can help me build this in 1.3 and is this viable for k3k farming or Duncraig?
I take any tricks and ideas im new to Sorc. Thanks Guys