Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Tialda wrote:Hey there, i've a newbie question :)

i just started this game last week and decided to try your guide. so far its quite nice :)
managed to get the eng game gear (physical)
there you recommended the sockets for each equipment piece

my question:
do i unsock your recommendation in the armor and shield and use crafted jewels with 2% dex insted?
i'll loose a lot of dmg compared to the 5% dex from Io Rune i think ?
im at 130 ias / 197 fhr / 260 fbr

I mostly just use crafted Jewels for RWs and to meet breakpoint needs. Otherwise, I stick with P-Amethysts/Io Runes as socket fillers (and P-Res Gems when needed).
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Tialda wrote:didnt answered my question at all -_-
i saw that section in the guide..
read my question and than think again

You asked if you should replace 5% dex sockets for 2% dex jewel crafts.
You are not trading 5% for 2%.
You trading 5% for 2% WITH stats to meet your breakpoints. Not just plain 2% dex jewels with random stats just for the heck of it.
Meeting your breakpoints is important enough to trade off a negligible amount of damage. Meeting your breakpoints is important until you are just farming/outlevel/outgear the map.

That's all in the guide. If that still doesn't answer your question, rephrase your question or engage a mind reader. The former is recommended.

On a sidenote:

BLOODY ERROR 522s!
Tialda
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Solfege wrote:
Tialda wrote:Hey there, i've a newbie question :)

i just started this game last week and decided to try your guide. so far its quite nice :)
managed to get the eng game gear (physical)
there you recommended the sockets for each equipment piece

my question:
do i unsock your recommendation in the armor and shield and use crafted jewels with 2% dex insted?
i'll loose a lot of dmg compared to the 5% dex from Io Rune i think ?
im at 130 ias / 197 fhr / 260 fbr

I mostly just use crafted Jewels for RWs and to meet breakpoint needs. Otherwise, I stick with P-Amethysts/Io Runes as socket fillers (and P-Res Gems when needed).

thats what i was looking for - thank you :)
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Solfege wrote:Tbh, there's so much stuff on screen druing the Belial fight that I never know what's going on. I personally can't tell which one is the real Belial, but supposedly, he's a different color (purple, or something). There's also something about him turning into a rat. Idk. I always end up killing him by accident. I just run around, dodge spells, Fusillade stuff, Bladestorm stuff when I can, and retreat to regen when necessary.

More generally, part of staying alive is knowing which playstyle to use at what time. Sometimes, you can get away with playing cautiously. But sometimes, you need to be super aggressive to make sure you're leeching as much as possible to supplement your regen. And make sure you're not forgetting about Force Blast. It can be a life saver.

You can also try a different spec. If Fire/Lightning doesn't fit your desired playstyle, maybe you'd like Poison/Lightning. It's a comparable spec that some ppl actually like better. Gear choices are basically the same, you're just changing up your defensive passives (i.e. swapping out regen for Phys Res). And since you'll have extra Skill Points with Poison/Lightning, I'd recommend at least 5 points into Symbol of Esu. Also, Miasma is one of the few spells you can cast with Baneblade active.

can't take him down yet but I can farm fautz? lmao i did switch to poison and i think that more my style I enjoy charging in a killing things XD
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Tbh, there's so much stuff on screen druing the Belial fight that I never know what's going on. I personally can't tell which one is the real Belial, but supposedly, he's a different color (purple, or something). There's also something about him turning into a rat. Idk. I always end up killing him by accident. I just run around, dodge spells, Fusillade stuff, Bladestorm stuff when I can, and retreat to regen when necessary.

You can namelock the purple-glowing rat, only re-locking if it teleports :D
sacredwow
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi,

TS, can you please provide more info about this sentence:

"Use Bladestorm for general questing and Wraithsword for specific situations.

In which situations I should use Wraithsword?

Thanks.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
sacredwow wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

Personally...
Mostly never. I'd keep a lookout for charged strike (it's 100% wdm) on amulet for your Astrogha kill and whichever situation you feel a little more lifesteal would keep you alive.

Otherwise, unless a more experienced player would answer, I'm still perturbed by how terrible the skill is. Even Bladestorm ends up leeching better despite lower WDM and magic conversion.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lazyknob wrote:
sacredwow wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

Personally...
Mostly never. I'd keep a lookout for charged strike (it's 100% wdm) on amulet for your Astrogha kill and whichever situation you feel a little more lifesteal would keep you alive.

Otherwise, unless a more experienced player would answer, I'm still perturbed by how terrible the skill is. Even Bladestorm ends up leeching better despite lower WDM and magic conversion.

This is correct.

It was different when Magic-immunes existed and Fusillade sucked. But now, about the only time Wraithsword is slightly better than Bladestorm is when you have 30+ Viz-jun drones right on top of you. And even then, you'd only switch to it long enough to thin out the mobs.

If Phys damage multipliers actually affected Wraithsword's additional flat Phys damage, it could be a worthwhile skill. But as it is, having both Bladestorm and Wraithsword is redundant.
Crescent
Cultist
23 | 2
Greetings, magicians.

I have some troubles with rushing through Timeless Rift as melee sorceress.
The way to F10 was merely easy, i can just burn everything at this point (except of assassin heroes - they're tough). 10th floor takes around 20min of my useless life.
But F11 - it's a completely different story. Harpies trashes me to dust in few seconds. Low DPS & life leech penalty really hurt there.
Manashield drops on two or three hits.

Now i have:
Stats:
90/90/89/90/45 F/C/L/P/Ph res.
13800 life / 9600 mana.
27/11% life / mana leech.
75/75 life / mana on attack.
3930 DEX.
330k DEF.
Max haste breakpoints on everything, but FHR (reached 125%, think its's enough).

Skills:
SMax: Baneblade, Living flame, Warp armor, Fusillade; 23pt Moonstrike; everything else - 1pt.
Bonus skills: 9 sorc + 20 all = 29 total sorc.

Charms: all but Laz, Umbaru, Ishary, Nymir, Elder, Rathma & Uldy. Can't handle Nymir, don't matter it's so easy - i'm too old for fast clicking etc.

Gear:
Weap: Shark (Xis).
Ammy: Descent rolled Klaatu.
Rings: Empy 7% x2.
Head: Perfect rolled Royal circlet.
Body: Almost perfect Natasha.
Gloves: Mediocre Rogue foresight.
Boots: Windrunner.
Shield: Crafted 2% block, 2 skills, 8% phys res.
Belt: Nero RW.

I have feeling that my DPS must be a LOT higher, but don't know how to.
Steel punisher doesn't drops, the same as SU/SSU body and better helmet.
11th floor TL - the damn pain. Looking for any ideas...

P.S. I'm don't ever using bladespirits & merc, they all die in eyeblink.
P.P.S. Sorry for bad English, btw.

Edited: forgot to write character level. It's 139.
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think it is melee char limitation. The monster’s damage is too high. Their melee hit sometimes is more than ten thousand. You need to pull very slowly and kite well. There are three build, traprat , mmzon and trspsin, can complete t15 I know so far.