Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Solfege wrote:It's funny you say that b/c I did that too my first time. Didn't know which one was the real Belial, so I was just attacking everything. I realized i'd been doing this Uber for 20 minutes (Baneblade timed out during the fight). But it turned out, I killed Belial w/o even realizing it. Not sure how long into the fight he died.

Yeah.. I found him and hit him for a good minute but I can't ever tell what his health is at due to clones.. pretty lame he died to bladestorm seeking.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GRANDLarsony wrote:Are the charged bolts considered missiles as well or do they leech?

Idk if the bolts are pure Lightning damage or if they carry weapon damage, too. My gut tells me they're pure Lightning damage--in which case, they wouldn't leech. But again, not 100% sure.

I haven't played around with it much, but the the bolts seem powerful, despite displaying a low Lightning damage number. It works better than any of your own skills against Astrogha, and I felt safe enough using it in Vizjun. If I ever get to Fauzt, I'd like to try it there, too.
GRANDLarsony
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Cool ty. Yah I’m going to try to get the treks and try with my ele gear, focusing a little more on lightning with klaatu and stormflyer. Sounds mean.

Also can you mo jewels or just luck?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah. Charged Strike definitely open up some possibilities. I think you could build something pretty solid around it. And jewels can only be luckied.
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
Hey, I've just reached level 120 in single player and i'm looking to enhance my gear. Are there any recommended runewords to try? Finding the set in painfully slow in sp
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Shark (Xis)
is a good weapon. Even better when paired with
Rebel (Xis)
. So if you're going that route, I'd recommend eventually farming 2 Xis Runes.
Brocken (Xis)
would be about the only real alt to Shark (Xis), but I've tested both this patch, and Shark (Xis) is still superior. The only real benefit Brocken (Xis) offers is about 40k more Defense. Protector Spirit never survives long enough to cast Bloodlust, and the reanimates aren't really relevant by End-Game. The higher damage potential of Shark (Xis) will serve you better.

Alternatively, you can farm Ice Runes for
Dark Exile
or 6 more Earth Runes for
Shattered Stone
. Both perform well, but neither is better than Shark (Xis) with good crafted jewels, imo.
Rumstein
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If Charged Strike is anything like D2 version, it is unlikely to do any phys damage at all.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Rumstein wrote:If Charged Strike is anything like D2 version, it is unlikely to do any phys damage at all.

its 125% wdm and +1 bolt per 6 levels.
Haywood
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
What's better for farming? Elemental or Physical build? :-)
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:its 125% wdm and +1 bolt per 6 levels.

Yes, but the question is: what kind of damage to the bolts do? Are they pure Lightning (a la cLoD) or WDM+additional Lightning damage. As I said, gut tells me it's the same as cLoD, but you never know what sort of under-the-radar surprises the devs slip in.

Haywood wrote:What's better for farming? Elemental or Physical build? :-)

As I've said before, I prefer Phys b/c it's easier to gear and your buffs are designed for boosting Phys damage. But ppl seem to be farming fine with Elemental. I still haven't found any "BiS" gear for either Phys or Elemental, so I can't give a definitive answer yet.