Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Solfege
Blood Golem
1366 | 187
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Liwet wrote:What's WDM?


Weapon Damage Modifier.

Essentially, any skill that modifies your weapon damage is a WDM skill. For example, Bladestorm deals 35% weapon damage, so that's its WDM.
APAKane
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If I'm using Starhawk, I want to first MO Innate Elemental Damage, right? It's only 2% per 4 levels but still..
User avatar
Solfege
Blood Golem
1366 | 187
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
APAKane wrote:If I'm using Starhawk, I want to first MO Innate Elemental Damage, right? It's only 2% per 4 levels but still..


Yeah, probably.

The old LoA/MoA recommendation was partially to help with resource management, but mostly b/c there really wasn't much else worth considering at the time as far as regular MOs.
Azrasha
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Currently running the Mid game setup at L 106 - works like a charm!

One thing I am curious about though, what boots should I use? Currently I'm running
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'Ath'
Runeword Level: 90
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to Strength
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
for the extra Physical res, but I'm finding it's not really needed. I have 26% Phys res with them on, or 20% without them (1% lucky)

Any suggestions?
Bliyadolubov
Pit Knight
115 | 1
Azrasha wrote:Currently running the Mid game setup at L 106 - works like a charm!

One thing I am curious about though, what boots should I use? Currently I'm running
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'Ath'
Runeword Level: 90
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to Strength
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
for the extra Physical res, but I'm finding it's not really needed. I have 26% Phys res with them on, or 20% without them (1% lucky)

Any suggestions?

Cham RW boots, zealot rush, dex crafted
User avatar
Solfege
Blood Golem
1366 | 187
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Azrasha wrote:Currently running the Mid game setup at L 106 - works like a charm!

One thing I am curious about though, what boots should I use? Currently I'm running
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'Ath'
Runeword Level: 90
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to Strength
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
for the extra Physical res, but I'm finding it's not really needed. I have 26% Phys res with them on, or 20% without them (1% lucky)

Any suggestions?


I'd consider swapping out Megalith for T4
Death Spur
Death Spur
Heavy Boots (4)

Defense: 27 to 39
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 5
1% Chance to cast level 6 Spike Nova on Kill
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+0.09375 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(11 to 15) to Strength
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
Socketed (1)
Defense: 109 to 141
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 41
Item Level: 24
1% Chance to cast level 10 Spike Nova on Kill
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+0.15625 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(21 to 25) to Strength
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: 248 to 310
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 87
Item Level: 44
1% Chance to cast level 14 Spike Nova on Kill
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+0.21875 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(31 to 35) to Strength
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
Socketed (3)
Defense: 346 to 427
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 179
Item Level: 77
1% Chance to cast level 16 Spike Nova on Kill
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+0.25 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(36 to 40) to Strength
+(36 to 40) to Dexterity
Socketed (4)
. The extra sockets will be helpful, and Max Damage is a great mod that only gets better as your Baneblade+Moonstrike levels increase.

When you have enough STR from Charms/Sigs (by about clvl 120), you can swap out your TU Gloves+Boots for Sacred Honorifics.
User avatar
Solfege
Blood Golem
1366 | 187
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I know it's kinda late in the season, but the guide should finally be 1.7 compliant up to the clvl 130 quests.

Gear-wise, it's pretty much the same, but I tried to streamline and simplify gearing and progression. I removed the End-Game Elemental setup b/c I think Phys is better. And also b/c I ran out of room due to character limits per post.

Spec-wise, I rewrote the guide for Poison/Lightning this time, mostly b/c it's the only spec I haven't written a guide for yet. Lightning/Cold is still probably a better starter spec. But aside from having a little trouble during the Level Challenge, Poison/Lightning was comfy the whole way through.

There are still some things I wanna tweak, and I still have some End-Game stuff to test, but hopefully the updates will help.
nemmate
Bone Archer
72 | 1
Solfege wrote:I know it's kinda late in the season, but the guide should finally be 1.7 compliant up to the clvl 130 quests.

Gear-wise, it's pretty much the same, but I tried to streamline and simplify gearing and progression. I removed the End-Game Elemental setup b/c I think Phys is better. And also b/c I ran out of room due to character limits per post.

Spec-wise, I rewrote the guide for Poison/Lightning this time, mostly b/c it's the only spec I haven't written a guide for yet. Lightning/Cold is still probably a better starter spec. But aside from having a little trouble during the Level Challenge, Poison/Lightning was comfy the whole way through.

There are still some things I wanna tweak, and I still have some End-Game stuff to test, but hopefully the updates will help.


Very nice changes, I played light/poison spec some patches ago, I really liked it. Btw, since they changed the mercs skills, I love to pick (especially when I play with a melee) an act3 merc. With a light/poison spec what do you think ? Which is better ? If I take a necrolyte, he will make the same debuff, which I can (miasma / force blast). I thought that I will choose the bloodmage for firedance buff and for the gift or inner fire. Another option, even if it's a melee merc the act2 exemplar with colosseum. But I think a ranged/caster merc could be better with a melee sorceress. Thank you for advance !
Cah23
Acid Prince
48 | -1
I see you removed Elemental setup completely. Do you no longer think its viable?
APAKane
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cah23 wrote:I see you removed Elemental setup completely. Do you no longer think its viable?

I've been running that build this season because I found more elemental equipment than phys and it's pretty viable.
The life leech is a lot worse though, since only phys damage leeches.
Moreover, the equipment for the physical build is just generally a bit more powerful than the elemental stuff, I think (I am way too lazy to math it all out).