Achilles - An Endgame Neutraldin Guide

nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Best merc for Lazydin? Bloodmage? Abjurer? Or maybe something else?
Unsatisfied
Invader
9 | 0
Is range the only reason to max VoJ over VoR? with VoR hitting twice as often its tempting to max, but im not sure how important the range difference will be
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Unsatisfied wrote:Is range the only reason to max VoJ over VoR? with VoR hitting twice as often its tempting to max, but im not sure how important the range difference will be

If i had to guess the range is the issue, you dont want to have to hug enemies to get the damage from it, so by not smaxing it you can utilize those points in another set of skills. Just my guess though
mill3nia
Cog
227 | 31
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:Best merc for Lazydin? Bloodmage? Abjurer? Or maybe something else?

No merc needed at all. I wouldn't suggest one to be honest, they would die far too often.
mill3nia
Cog
227 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unsatisfied wrote:Is range the only reason to max VoJ over VoR? with VoR hitting twice as often its tempting to max, but im not sure how important the range difference will be

I actually did max VoR and Solstice & Equinox to try it out, top end damage with my gear was about 81k. and honestly I barely noticed much of a difference vs bosses and my clear speed was cut in half.
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
mill3nia wrote:added some highlights from my recent stream, had around 45k voj damage without the endgame charms, most ubers still viable without insane gear

45k is nearly as 2x as much with mid game gear. Having abju / collector, etc, is already way far ahead of mid game gear in terms of how much they improve the character. On top of 400 sigs that most people dont have before 125 and even at 125.

In reality you are looking at 20k~, 24k~ with mid game gear (the gear you mention in mid game section), the gear you will use to do most ubers (to the point where you actually need better gear). That is roughly 2 times less damage.

Just pointing that showcases with nearly or with some gg gear is quite pointless and all it does is confuses people. Though, good job for adding more content to the guide.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
mill3nia wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:Best merc for Lazydin? Bloodmage? Abjurer? Or maybe something else?

No merc needed at all. I wouldn't suggest one to be honest, they would die far too often.

For Ubers yes .... but maybe for farming and leveling etc. ?
mill3nia
Cog
227 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
peilis wrote:
mill3nia wrote:added some highlights from my recent stream, had around 45k voj damage without the endgame charms, most ubers still viable without insane gear

45k is nearly as 2x as much with mid game gear. Having abju / collector, etc, is already way far ahead of mid game gear in terms of how much they improve the character. On top of 400 sigs that most people dont have before 125 and even at 125.

In reality you are looking at 20k~, 24k~ with mid game gear (the gear you mention in mid game section), the gear you will use to do most ubers (to the point where you actually need better gear). That is roughly 2 times less damage.

Just pointing that showcases with nearly or with some gg gear is quite pointless and all it does is confuses people. Though, good job for adding more content to the guide.

perhaps you are right. I recall sitting in low- mid 40k range when I was in mostly mid-tier gear, but that was with most charms, you can actually do nithilak runs seriously fast with this build, could probably get all 400 sigs in under 2-3 hours total . I'll change my wording in the uber section slightly to avoid any confusions.
mill3nia
Cog
227 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nobrainnopain wrote:
mill3nia wrote:

I could see the act 2 Merc working for us, Chronofield would be a big dps boost for us.

Fighter Mage Skills

Lvl Name Effect
1 BLOOD THORNS Effect: melee attack that unleashes burning nails
6 GLACIAL NOVA Effect: cast a gigantic nova that completely freezes enemies
12 FORTRESS Effect: summons a ring of guard towers around the caster
90 CHRONOFIELD Effect: field that slows the movement and attack speed of enemies

I'll see if I can't put together a good gear set for it and test it out.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
mill3nia wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:
mill3nia wrote:

I could see the act 2 Merc working for us, Chronofield would be a big dps boost for us.

Fighter Mage Skills

Lvl Name Effect
1 BLOOD THORNS Effect: melee attack that unleashes burning nails
6 GLACIAL NOVA Effect: cast a gigantic nova that completely freezes enemies
12 FORTRESS Effect: summons a ring of guard towers around the caster
90 CHRONOFIELD Effect: field that slows the movement and attack speed of enemies

I'll see if I can't put together a good gear set for it and test it out.

hmmm ... sounds intersting and good