OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 18
5 or 8
now its 50/50 for you :)
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I find Death Shards great to mix in with WM (it does 100% weapon damage versus WM's 70%).

I'm wondering if it's worth putting more than 1 point in the skill - an extra projectile per point seems a bit rubish though. But there's not many places to put points once you max WM, Embalming, Drogon Oil & Death Ward, one in the other key skills.

I have 27 points left over at level 118 (got all charms available so max skills are currently as high as they can be). Does Talon's Hold work on bosses?

P.S. I wonder if there's a build around Sacrifices and Death Shards.
Theuberelite
Cultist
23 | 11
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Death Shards used to be the main skill used for crossbow iirc. It's also pretty abusable. If you die on the gap-cross in Duncraig, once you TP back in you can death shards over the gap. It ignores walls for targetting.

It's also worth nothing that with no conversion it's amazing when your leech is lower. Probably saved me a few times in Teganze.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So far found 3x sacred MAGIC stinger... Gawd do I miss the Catalyst of Destruction... I hope to find a normal one soon!
Theuberelite
Cultist
23 | 11
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:So far found 3x sacred MAGIC stinger... Gawd do I miss the Catalyst of Destruction... I hope to find a normal one soon!

Oil of Renewal turns it normal, use until 0 socket then charsi
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
frsmkre wrote:Seems like a great season starter then. I assume leveling with carnage/parasite > leveling xbow? I gave up on xbow at level 1 when flametail did no damage and carnage would 1 shot everything.

I'm lazy when it comes to respeccing so I always level as the build I plan on playing but yea, it's pretty common to level till 18 (frag shot eyo) as melee/whatever caster necro

PlayerOne wrote:I find Death Shards great to mix in with WM (it does 100% weapon damage versus WM's 70%).

I'm wondering if it's worth putting more than 1 point in the skill - an extra projectile per point seems a bit rubish though. But there's not many places to put points once you max WM, Embalming, Drogon Oil & Death Ward, one in the other key skills.

I have 27 points left over at level 118 (got all charms available so max skills are currently as high as they can be). Does Talon's Hold work on bosses?

P.S. I wonder if there's a build around Sacrifices and Death Shards.

Death shards has 1 real use and that's cheesing enemies through the walls. It's a strong skill but has too debilitating requirement to bother using when Widowmaker already clears everything (Death shards used to be better when WM still required a minion to use)
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Theuberelite wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:So far found 3x sacred MAGIC stinger... Gawd do I miss the Catalyst of Destruction... I hope to find a normal one soon!

Oil of Renewal turns it normal, use until 0 socket then charsi

Thanks! This was the solution. Spent 15 weird shrines and 17 intimidating shrines and only got one half baked roll with knife throw on striking and mediocre dmg (400-700). And lower ar and no +skills so I'll keep using the T4 Stinger ;)

Slowing down a little now in cows, but did already get all charms on first try. It's pretty easy. Can't wait until I'm lvl 115 to go K3K and maybe finally find some better gear..

Haven't seen a single xbow quiver drop yet. Is that normal?
ffaakkee
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Hello

two little questions.
What is the best crossbow to kill a sinlge target (boss)
and is the best crossbow for runeword Aether?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ffaakkee wrote:Hello

two little questions.

Best xbow for the RW is a Sacred Stinger xbow. You can find this under 'base items' in the docs. The best item with highest dmg is always listed at the bottom of the item row :)
ffaakkee
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Muilpeer wrote:
ffaakkee wrote:Hello

two little questions.

Best xbow for the RW is a Sacred Stinger xbow. You can find this under 'base items' in the docs. The best item with highest dmg is always listed at the bottom of the item row :)

at the bottom i see the trebuchet. Why is the Stinger better?