Xbow Necromancer

PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
@Wuhrframen. I was about to post pretty much the same when i saw your post.

By a strange coincidence I found the last piece of Achilios' set a couple of days ago and gave the set a spin through Teganze last night. It was really good. It was about the same as AetherXis for speed and safety.

I keep all the summons up and I found that they survived better with the set than with other combinations (not sure why as yet) which is helpful since my barb merc doesn't seem as 'indestructible' as other people seem to find.

Like you, I've had no luck crafting Stingers and I've not found much that's useful so my gear was still largely TU4 apart from a runeword xbow (Tartarus has highest dps, AetherXis less damage but with avoid) so it may not be a fair test for me to switch from that gear to the set, but I'm not yet 125 to do the next set of ubers and try to farm Fauztinville.

So if anyone can't get the SUs recommended in the guide, the set is a good alternative, the only issue is that it drops about 17% life leech for me - so down to about 27% - and some mana leech loss but it's not a massive problem (I use wormtongue belt with the set).

One thing that helps with leech is that I find the 1 point in DS actally kills faster than maxed widowmaker once you have corpses and it doesn't seem to need line-of-sight. When I start popping DS, leech is faster/better as well.

Nova Shot from the set xbow is actually quite a good killer - the downside is that it doesn't leech. But I put it on LMB just in case I want to use it if I need 360 degrees of damage, like when I'm surrounded.
a321333
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i want make crafted jewels . but choice which one rune to make????
conveee
Sasquatch
69 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ber for life leech if you dont have enough aka when you start doing ubers, then after you have some charms and "endgame" gear, you can swap some or all for Tir crafted jewels (mf).
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
a321333 wrote:i want make crafted jewels . but choice which one rune to make????

Ber for lifesteal. Aim for 2% Lifesteal / 40-50HP / 2% str / IAS / FHR / %Attack rating(not all on one jewel, I don't think that's even possible, but try to get as much as you can).
a321333
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frytas wrote:
a321333 wrote:i want make crafted jewels . but choice which one rune to make????

Ber for lifesteal. Aim for 2% Lifesteal / 40-50HP / 2% str / IAS / FHR / %Attack rating(not all on one jewel, I don't think that's even possible, but try to get as much as you can).

thx very so much :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I hope this isn't a dumb question. Can someone help me understand this item:
Nihlathak's Bombard
Nihlathak's Bombard
Repeating Crossbow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (204 - 221) to (314 - 386)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 670
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Gematria
(Bonus per Socketed Great/Elemental Runes)
+30% Attack Speed
Adds 75-150 Fire Damage
+(5 to 6) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(50 to 100) to Maximum Damage
Adds 450-900 Fire Damage
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(140 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
+20% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Socketed (6)

Two mods are greyed out (30% attack speed and 100-150 fire damage) even when i have it equipped. I assume that means that they're not 'active', so how do I make them active?

Also 'Gematria' in orange. I don't get a skill called that when I equip it, so I don't really understand what that is.

Thanks in advance.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
PlayerOne wrote:I hope this isn't a dumb question. Can someone help me understand this item:
Nihlathak's Bombard
Nihlathak's Bombard

Gematria
+30% Attack Speed
Adds 75-150 Fire Damage
Adds 450-900 Fire Damage
Socketed (6)

Two mods are greyed out (30% attack speed and 100-150 fire damage) even when i have it equipped. I assume that means that they're not 'active', so how do I make them active?

Also 'Gematria' in orange. I don't get a skill called that when I equip it, so I don't really understand what that is.

Thanks in advance.

Gematria means: "Gets the following bonus for each Great Rune inserted". The bonus is greyed out because you haven't inserted such a rune.

Great Runes are: Taha, Ghal, Qor, Sha'ad, Auhe, Krys
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:(snips) The bonus is greyed out because you haven't inserted such a rune... (snips)

It's greyed out even with great runes inserted. At least it's that way in SP. You still get the full bonus though so I think it's a visual glitch.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
PlayerOne wrote:I hope this isn't a dumb question. Can someone help me understand this item:
Nihlathak's Bombard
Nihlathak's Bombard

Gematria
+30% Attack Speed
Adds 75-150 Fire Damage
Adds 450-900 Fire Damage
Socketed (6)

Thanks in advance.

Gematria means: "Gets the following bonus for each Great Rune inserted". The bonus is greyed out because you haven't inserted such a rune.

Great Runes are: Taha, Ghal, Qor, Sha'ad, Auhe, Krys

And 0.7 times the bonus for each elemental rune.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Undead Crown
Undead Crown
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
12% of Minion Damage Increases Added as Deadly Strike
40% of Minion Life Increases Added as Bonus to Defense