Xbow Necromancer

blah2224
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Can you give an instruction step by step how to craft a stinger xbow from scratch ? and what stat/ dps for the craft I should aim for ? Is it a big upgrade comparing to tu4 / hwanin ?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
blah2224 wrote:Can you give an instruction step by step how to craft a stinger xbow from scratch ? and what stat/ dps for the craft I should aim for ? Is it a big upgrade comparing to tu4 / hwanin ?

He says it in the guide: "Stinger crossbow can reach enormous damages and with a good proc, will last on you for a long time. Look for enhanced damage, maximum damage, good proc (Throwing knife, Shower of rocks, ATMG, Time strike), necro skills, MF, attack rating."

So just get your hands on a rare sacred Stinger xbow, or white one and Imbue it with Charsi and start crafting, preferably with Creepy, Intimidating or Weird shrines.

I think Hwanin is just too good for farming, unless you craft an insane roll, so you should aim for boss killer when crafting, ed close to 200% and max dmg +300 being the most important.
blah2224
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Thanks for your reply. I'm missing the part with which shrines I should use, also which MO should I roll / do you have an example of a good craft that I can take as a reference ?
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
you have examples page 5 of this thread
lothianatkeys
Destroyer
7 | 0
blah2224 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'm missing the part with which shrines I should use, also which MO should I roll / do you have an example of a good craft that I can take as a reference ?

from the guide on the first page " MOs: Top enhanced damage on weapon to 200% (do not mix "enhanced damage" with "enhanced weapon damage"), if extra space feel free to use AR%/Manaleech MOs, depending on what you're lacking. "
5th line from Jampula previous post " Creepy, Intimidating or Weird shrines."
lothianatkeys
Destroyer
7 | 0
what are people's farming routes in places like K3K BA,TA...etc or is it more of a full clear kind if deal
ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
blah2224 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'm missing the part with which shrines I should use, also which MO should I roll / do you have an example of a good craft that I can take as a reference ?

Hi, very new on Sigma and Median XL in general, I started with necro, and after some tries, I went on following this guide that has been very helpful and well written. I am currently lvl 116, and I just crafted my first crossbow (and first item in general) last week end.

So after a lot of reading to make sure I wasn't messing anything this is what I did :
- You need a rare (yellow) sacred crossbow (stinger crossbow is the best it seems, but to be confirmed)
I didn't have one, but I found a blue one, on which I used an oil of renewal, until not magical (white) and without socket. Then I imbued it from the reward of Charsi (act1) so it became yellow.

From there, I put it in the cube with a shrine (I tried Weird, then Intimidating), and tried several time until I had something that seemed good (see above for good stats to look for). I had better result with the Intimidating shrine, but maybe it is just luck.
From there, once I was satisfied with the result, I blessed it with the creepy shrine (in the cube : crafted xbow, creepy shrine and 2 crystals), to add some more stats (strength here)

Then, I used several MO on top of it (I tried the enhanced dmg, but I was already at 200% enhanced dmg, and you can't go above with MO (so that was one wasted MO here ahaha)). I added then some MOs for life leach, mana leach and attack rating, from what I felt was missing in my runs. I did it a little randomly honestly, no calculation or anything.

Finally, since when you craft an item it has the maximum number of sockets, I added 6 Jah runes (200% + 6*15% enhanced dmg = 290% enhanced dmg). It is possible to go above 200% with the runes (but not the MOs, for reminder).

I will try to post a screen later on, if I can.

I am quite satisfied with it, it is definitely better than the Starkiller I had before.
I know I can do way better too, so I will try again, especially that I have now a lot of shrines since I ran Kurast 3000 BA.
I would love to find a Hwanin for farming too, the fireworks must be spectacular !

Please correct me if anything I said is wrong, as I am still very new to this !
(this crafting process felt very nice to my opinion, very satisfying)
SmellyBadger
Banned
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can someone explain, Trebuchet seems a tiny bit better cus its faster or am i retarded :)

HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SmellyBadger wrote:Can someone explain, Trebuchet seems a tiny bit better cus its faster or am i retarded :)

Not it's not.

Think of Weapon Speed as a value that determines how many frames an attack needs (it's not exactly that but you get what I mean). The higher the Weapon speed modifier is, the slower your attack is.

A weapon that has a weapon speed of 14 is basically twice as fast as a weapon with weapon speed of 28. (again it's not exactly that value. I have no idea what other things are factored in, since each weapon type is different for each character class. A weapon with a weapon speed of 28 on a necro may take 26 frames, whereas the same weapon on a barb may only take 17 frames for 1 atttack. It really differs and I can't explain it in detail, so just let me give you this link: http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=203 )

The time per attack is then reduced by increased attack speed.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ruhtra wrote:

Hi, very new on Sigma and Median XL in general, I started with necro, and after some tries, I went on following this guide that has been very helpful and well written. I am currently lvl 116, and I just crafted my first crossbow (and first item in general) last week end.

So after a lot of reading to make sure I wasn't messing anything this is what I did :
- You need a rare (yellow) sacred crossbow (stinger crossbow is the best it seems, but to be confirmed)
I didn't have one, but I found a blue one, on which I used an oil of renewal, until not magical (white) and without socket. Then I imbued it from the reward of Charsi (act1) so it became yellow.

From there, I put it in the cube with a shrine (I tried Weird, then Intimidating), and tried several time until I had something that seemed good (see above for good stats to look for). I had better result with the Intimidating shrine, but maybe it is just luck.
From there, once I was satisfied with the result, I blessed it with the creepy shrine (in the cube : crafted xbow, creepy shrine and 2 crystals), to add some more stats (strength here)

Then, I used several MO on top of it (I tried the enhanced dmg, but I was already at 200% enhanced dmg, and you can't go above with MO (so that was one wasted MO here ahaha)). I added then some MOs for life leach, mana leach and attack rating, from what I felt was missing in my runs. I did it a little randomly honestly, no calculation or anything.

Finally, since when you craft an item it has the maximum number of sockets, I added 6 Jah runes (200% + 6*15% enhanced dmg = 290% enhanced dmg). It is possible to go above 200% with the runes (but not the MOs, for reminder).

I will try to post a screen later on, if I can.

I am quite satisfied with it, it is definitely better than the Starkiller I had before.
I know I can do way better too, so I will try again, especially that I have now a lot of shrines since I ran Kurast 3000 BA.
I would love to find a Hwanin for farming too, the fireworks must be spectacular !

Please correct me if anything I said is wrong, as I am still very new to this !
(this crafting process felt very nice to my opinion, very satisfying)

That's how it's done, the only thing missing is lucky upgrade with Oil of Luck. :)
And if the craft rolls ~150ed I think it's better to bless with Intimidating. That Deadly Strike is powerful if you manage to get some from other items too.

MO's are really a matter of preference. I usually craft weapons for boss killing, so dmg and attack speed is top priority. AR is not important thanks to Visegrip (and aerial) in semi-long fights.