Xbow Necromancer

ruhtra
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
willh wrote:so do I have to have a good amount of quivers there constantly running out

When using Widowmaker, there is no consumption of bolts, so unless you use normal attacks, you should never run out.
willh
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
should I put jewels in weps endgame
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
willh wrote:should I put jewels in weps endgame

Nah, Jahas/Tahas/(Sha'ad if you're incredibly rich)/((((Xis technically, tho I believe Sha'ad is better cause of MOs))))
ragnarok911
Invader
9 | 0
Still looking for some further gearing advice.

I worked on a few things and was able to get through Teganze/DC more reliably but still feel like I'm constantly resummoning mercs for meat shields or flayer/VA buffs...and merc doesnt last too long. Bloodlust over Dark Power seems like it was a good change, extra damage/leech goes a long way.

Also what are your thoughts on some of the unique jewels? I got ones that have the 1% Time Strike on hit / 1% Shower of Rocks on kill but didnt know if that would be worth it over a Ber'd craft jewel.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
ragnarok911 wrote:Still looking for some further gearing advice.

I worked on a few things and was able to get through Teganze/DC more reliably but still feel like I'm constantly resummoning mercs for meat shields or flayer/VA buffs...and merc doesnt last too long. Bloodlust over Dark Power seems like it was a good change, extra damage/leech goes a long way.

Also what are your thoughts on some of the unique jewels? I got ones that have the 1% Time Strike on hit / 1% Shower of Rocks on kill but didnt know if that would be worth it over a Ber'd craft jewel.

Inarius and Zakarum are both solid jewels. You can replace crafted jewels with em, but make sure you got enough leeches.

Merc will die in Teganze espec. if he's not capped on resists.
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
plan to add uber strats?
ragnarok911
Invader
9 | 0
If you go to Jaxon's build in the showcase forum he has vids of him doing a lot of the ubers. No detailed writeups that I've seen. I just look how other classes approach and try to make my own theories of how xbow will do.

Merc resist screen is bugged right? I always forget that, okay I'll beef him up. Also got lucky and yoinked a Qarak's Will in Duncraig run earlier so I can use both buffs. Is there any offhand to use with the wand for a juicier or longer lasting Dark Power?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
frsmkre wrote:plan to add uber strats?

Not really. Ubers are practically same with every ranged class and none of them are too complicated.

ragnarok911 wrote:Merc resist screen is bugged right? I always forget that, okay I'll beef him up. Also got lucky and yoinked a Qarak's Will in Duncraig run earlier so I can use both buffs. Is there any offhand to use with the wand for a juicier or longer lasting Dark Power?

Yea, merc resist screen is bugged and random spiked shield with 6 Nihs in it is pretty much your best bet (I was told that Thundergod stops producing stun novas when weapon swapped and even if it worked fine, it's still a basically useless skill so no point bothering with it)
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Thoughts on
Kronos

Kronos
Necromancer Crossbows

'QorEl'
Runeword Level: 100
Voodoo Practice: +1% Extra Chance to Spawn a Corpse on Striking
100% Chance to cast level 17 Time Strike on Kill
+(128 to 165) to Maximum Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Timefield
(11 to 13)% Chance of Crushing Blow
3% Deadly Strike
+3 to all Attributes
(31 to 40)% to Strength
(11 to 13)% to Vitality
as an endgame option due to timefield OSkill and generally good stats?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
MadeLaidMan wrote:Thoughts on
Kronos

Kronos
Necromancer Crossbows

'QorEl'
Runeword Level: 100
Voodoo Practice: +1% Extra Chance to Spawn a Corpse on Striking
100% Chance to cast level 17 Time Strike on Kill
+(128 to 165) to Maximum Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Timefield
(11 to 13)% Chance of Crushing Blow
3% Deadly Strike
+3 to all Attributes
(31 to 40)% to Strength
(11 to 13)% to Vitality
as an endgame option due to timefield OSkill and generally good stats?

Kronos is a good xbow and Timefield has a use in few places but it loses in damage to the other endgame options like Craft, Advent and Buriza (assuming they roll decently). If you're just starting out and can get your hands on a Taha (they're reaaally cheap cause everyone farming Fauzt), it's a good bow to use before you get the toptier ones.