Xbow Necromancer

skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
nemmate wrote:
skilzorz wrote:Hey guys, is this build still viable in 1.8? Restarting with Median!

Hy. Yes always viable. You can lvl-ing faster with summons first and the new rainbow stave (if you play ladder). For mid-endgame you need to invest hard, but it's a fun build I think. Have a nice play and good luck for farming !!! Welcome back

Well I feel like a giant noob again :) Searched all unique, set, etc items for "rainbow", couldnt' see how it applied :( What did you mean by rainbow staves? I am playing a ladder char :)
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
skilzorz wrote:
nemmate wrote:
skilzorz wrote:Hey guys, is this build still viable in 1.8? Restarting with Median!

Hy. Yes always viable. You can lvl-ing faster with summons first and the new rainbow stave (if you play ladder). For mid-endgame you need to invest hard, but it's a fun build I think. Have a nice play and good luck for farming !!! Welcome back

Well I feel like a giant noob again :) Searched all unique, set, etc items for "rainbow", couldnt' see how it applied :( What did you mean by rainbow staves? I am playing a ladder char :)

In Tristram a goblin drop an item for make a stave. There are lot of goblins this season. With this stave you can kill the rainbow goblin, which open a portal for loots. The staff (sorry it's not a stave) called Staff of heralding if I'm right. You can use after lvl33 and gives you good things and an Oskill. With this skill you can go to hell without dying (even if you make a melee or ranged, it's a fast alternative way).
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
nemmate wrote:
skilzorz wrote:
nemmate wrote:

In Tristram a goblin drop an item for make a stave. There are lot of goblins this season. With this stave you can kill the rainbow goblin, which open a portal for loots. The staff (sorry it's not a stave) called Staff of heralding if I'm right. You can use after lvl33 and gives you good things and an Oskill. With this skill you can go to hell without dying (even if you make a melee or ranged, it's a fast alternative way).

Understood, and thanks for the pointers :)
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
skilzorz wrote:
nemmate wrote:
skilzorz wrote:
nemmate wrote:

Understood, and thanks for the pointers :)

You're welcome. You can look a lot of thing about it in other forums and in the game docs. BTW if you see a rainbow goblin, you need to kill with the new staff's Oskill. And you can hurt him when he moves. Otherwise he's immune to all attacks
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
does anyone tried to make xbow+summonnecro?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bliyadolubov wrote:does anyone tried to make xbow+summonnecro?

Hybrids rarely work in Median. You have to give up too much dmg/defences to get enough minion stats to make summons actually useful and vice versa. Sure you can make Veil King/Iron Golem pretty beefy by swapping equips pre-summoning but that's it and imo too much of a hassle.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Jampula wrote:

Hybrids rarely work in Median. You have to give up too much dmg/defences to get enough minion stats to make summons actually useful and vice versa. Sure you can make Veil King/Iron Golem pretty beefy by swapping equips pre-summoning but that's it and imo too much of a hassle.

the point of idea is to make a emphasis at some build and give it some parts of other build as a support. For example main tree is an xbow, put some points into summon tree, make summons beefier to use them at tanking...
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Jampula wrote:

the point of idea is to make a emphasis at some build and give it some parts of other build as a support. For example main tree is an xbow, put some points into summon tree, make summons beefier to use them at tanking...

The fundamental problem here is that all summons only get more max minions with base points. That means if you want to have minions, you need to level both Blood Skeletons and Abyss knights. Then you also need to put points into resurgence just to make your minions tankier. That's already 3 of 5 possible skills to put max points into gone. Less points in the Xbow tree also mean less %TCD from Death pact which is another reason why you would need to level Resurgence. Embalming and Death ward are basically must haves for almost all builds. Then you're already done with the skills you can max.

That means you won't be able to put points into Death Pact, which increases your EWD. You will also have basically no life steal from Famine. So all your life leech will need to come from gear. But the Xbow skills from clearing have high amount of conversion and low amount of weapon damage which may result in the life leech you get from gear not being enough for your needs, especially in the ubers post-115.

A hybrid version would have to put points into summons scarcly. Maybe you can get 3 of BS and AK each. But that would result in them not being very beefy and you would have to focus gear on summons. Which in turn results in your weapon damage being far lower than theoretically possible.

So yeah, Jampula is already pretty much on point with advising to use VK and Steel Golem only. Of course you can still go ahead and try it. As long as you have a plan that looks like it might work, go ahead. It's just not a very ideal build.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
ParticuLarry wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Jampula wrote:

The fundamental problem here is that all summons only get more max minions with base points. That means if you want to have minions, you need to level both Blood Skeletons and Abyss knights. Then you also need to put points into resurgence just to make your minions tankier. That's already 3 of 5 possible skills to put max points into gone. Less points in the Xbow tree also mean less %TCD from Death pact which is another reason why you would need to level Resurgence. Embalming and Death ward are basically must haves for almost all builds. Then you're already done with the skills you can max.

That means you won't be able to put points into Death Pact, which increases your EWD. You will also have basically no life steal from Famine. So all your life leech will need to come from gear. But the Xbow skills from clearing have high amount of conversion and low amount of weapon damage which may result in the life leech you get from gear not being enough for your needs, especially in the ubers post-115.

A hybrid version would have to put points into summons scarcly. Maybe you can get 3 of BS and AK each. But that would result in them not being very beefy and you would have to focus gear on summons. Which in turn results in your weapon damage being far lower than theoretically possible.

So yeah, Jampula is already pretty much on point with advising to use VK and Steel Golem only. Of course you can still go ahead and try it. As long as you have a plan that looks like it might work, go ahead. It's just not a very ideal build.

Once I tried a xbow necro with veil king and not rathma chosen only for tank. The reason why I choose him, because I love the Necrolyte merc, so I needed a melee tank, and you can't spam Bane with rathma chosen. Death pact has a synergie to VK (life). Not bad, but you need to cap your attack speed with more jewel crafting. Inever went so far with this build, but it was interesting. The necrolyte debuff, the VK tank and reanimate. I think it can be more viable with a VK relic and rathma chosen as ubers kill (or vica versa). Good luck
YGOLOHCYSP
Imp
4 | 0
can I still get high max damage rolls on crafting stinger xbow? saw some examples but they're very dated. trying to get 200ed/300max on a craft is that still possible? or is it lower now since the patches (damage shrink) etc

also OP said don't use Enhanced Damage + Enhanced Weapon Damage , just confused on that why?

thanks