Xbow Necromancer

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
shibley
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Have you thought about/tried putting more points into void archon for the debuff?
Moasseman
Cog
201 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
shibley wrote:Have you thought about/tried putting more points into void archon for the debuff?


I was thinking of it for leveling but in the end I didn't really use Void archon that much. It wasn't really needed.
shibley
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Moasseman wrote:
shibley wrote:Have you thought about/tried putting more points into void archon for the debuff?


I was thinking of it for leveling but in the end I didn't really use Void archon that much. It wasn't really needed.


makes sense...currently leveling it now so don't see a huge difference while the debuff is up.

Wit one point in skeletal flayers, do you find yourself constantly resummoning?
Moasseman
Cog
201 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
shibley wrote:
makes sense...currently leveling it now so don't see a huge difference while the debuff is up.

Wit one point in skeletal flayers, do you find yourself constantly resummoning?


I don't use the flayers (or any summon for that matter) when doing normal stuff, only for few ubers where they help distract the enemies/bosses (Ureh, Uldy stages, JDay~)
Ruubel
Gravedigger
186 | 3
Gloves:
Visegrip
Visegrip
Light Gauntlets (4)

Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 52
Defense: (29 to 56)
5% Chance to cast level 5 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(3 to 4) to Maximum Damage
-(50 to 21) to Monster Defense per Hit
(4 to 5)% to Strength
Socketed (1)

Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 76
Defense: (120 to 176)
6% Chance to cast level 10 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(6 to 7) to Maximum Damage
-(110 to 81) to Monster Defense per Hit
(8 to 9)% to Strength
Socketed (2)

Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 161
Defense: (273 to 381)
7% Chance to cast level 19 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(8 to 9) to Maximum Damage
-(170 to 141) to Monster Defense per Hit
(12 to 13)% to Strength
Socketed (3)

Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 333
Defense: (375 to 522)
8% Chance to cast level 30 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(9 to 10) to Maximum Damage
-(200 to 171) to Monster Defense per Hit
(14 to 15)% to Strength
Socketed (4)

- at 2h barb thread, Aero discovered by trial and error that -enemy def hit - works on bosses too. As a result no points for dexterity ( for 2h barb deX has only 1 usage) - and I have done with 2 h barb very well. Now I'm trying this build with no dex and these gloves.
Edited by Ruubel 2 months.
Moasseman
Cog
201 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ruubel wrote:Gloves:
Visegrip
Visegrip
Light Gauntlets (4)

Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 52
Defense: (29 to 56)
5% Chance to cast level 5 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(3 to 4) to Maximum Damage
-(50 to 21) to Monster Defense per Hit
(4 to 5)% to Strength
Socketed (1)

Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 76
Defense: (120 to 176)
6% Chance to cast level 10 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(6 to 7) to Maximum Damage
-(110 to 81) to Monster Defense per Hit
(8 to 9)% to Strength
Socketed (2)

Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 161
Defense: (273 to 381)
7% Chance to cast level 19 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(8 to 9) to Maximum Damage
-(170 to 141) to Monster Defense per Hit
(12 to 13)% to Strength
Socketed (3)

Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 333
Defense: (375 to 522)
8% Chance to cast level 30 Crucify on Melee Attack
+(9 to 10) to Maximum Damage
-(200 to 171) to Monster Defense per Hit
(14 to 15)% to Strength
Socketed (4)

- at 2h barb thread, Aero discovered by trial and error that -enemy def hit - works on bosses too. As a result no points for dexterity ( for 2h barb dea has only 1 usage) - and I have done with 2 h barb very well. Now I'm trying this build with no dex and these gloves.


Yes, Visegrip works. However, the only boss I'd use them on is Kabraxis if you do it early with mediocre gear. Giving up Wolf stance for them just isn't worth it in terms of clearspeed and with 20-25k AR which is easy to hit without any points in dexterity once you got most of the charms, you'll have plenty good chance to hit bosses.
namelessk
Imp
4 | 0
Why dont use
Devil's Dance
Devil's Dance
Bolt Quiver (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
7% Chance to cast level 1 Stormpike on Striking
+(3 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(3 to 4) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(3 to 4) to Druid Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

bro? I think this's the best bolt..
Moasseman
Cog
201 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
namelessk wrote:Why dont use
Devil's Dance
Devil's Dance
Bolt Quiver (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
7% Chance to cast level 1 Stormpike on Striking
+(3 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(3 to 4) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(3 to 4) to Druid Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

bro? I think this's the best bolt..


I don't see a reason to. Only thing it has going for it is high +skills. Other than that, it has worse proc, stats and less MO space compared to both TU quivers.
mploura
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great build! I tried a bow druid but his single target was really lacking, this is way more fun.
Any mercenary suggestions (act and gear)?
Moasseman
Cog
201 | 13
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mploura wrote:Great build! I tried a bow druid but his single target was really lacking, this is way more fun.
Any mercenary suggestions (act and gear)?


For leveling, Shapeshift from act 2. Just dunk some random stuff on him and he'll do fine, his primary function is to act as a meatwall anyway. I also wouldn't fret too much about a merc while leveling. There are some areas in the game where the merc will just die and nothing will change that.

Once you start farming rifts (uberlevels), then I suggest Act 5 merc with Qarak's Will for a strong bloodlust proc. Bogspitter (Yul runeword) helm and rest of the gear can be creepy shrinecrafts for more str (More str = more damage = more kills = better bloodlust uptime).

Alternatively you can give him 4 pieces of the barbarian 2h set (everything but weapon) for an extra 200% damage to Bloodlust, but I find Bogspitter to be way too good to pass up.