Xbow Necromancer

Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
blah2224 wrote:The problem is even if I managed to throw 2,3 widowmaker, I still die after few hits. My life leech is currently 49%, damage around 7k, weapon is hwanin with full JAH. Not sure if it's enough. Also defense only 110k ( they have 45% chance to hit me ). So it's really difficult, took me a few dozen times in each tele part of duncraig.

Why is your defence so trash and use frag shot when u tp over instead :coolstorybob:
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
blah2224 wrote:The problem is even if I managed to throw 2,3 widowmaker, I still die after few hits. My life leech is currently 49%, damage around 7k, weapon is hwanin with full JAH. Not sure if it's enough. Also defense only 110k ( they have 45% chance to hit me ). So it's really difficult, took me a few dozen times in each tele part of duncraig.

That's pretty low defense and how much DR% you got? If you're only starting to farm Dunc, there's no reason to be anywhere below 30% (TA Trophy + Erawan + Truce + Megalith = 38% DR)

As soon as the widowmaker hits connect, you should be getting full life ESPECIALLY cause you're using Hwanin.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
There is a little delay after casting widowmaker before the homing bolts hit their target. if you get hit too much inbetween you will die. this is very unlikely with endgame gear though. I dont see the point in stacking too much DR lategame, but to compensate it might be good in mid-game. I have always tried to craft jewels with +life on them as a high priority. Stacking life gives a lot of survivability, especially to close the gap between getting hit and leeching. a merc might also help a lot (i am using a barb from act5). also some summons can help you when you are not strong enough to teleport in duncraig.
@blah2224 you should really work on your defence. 110k is very low.
ojejku
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
@Moasseman any tip you could share re defeating all 5 seals in Kabraxis for each element? I understand we need to deal each of 5 elements, so I got fire and magic down, should and stone (physical) \but what about light and cold, we're not dealing any of that element? I'm doing it for the 1st time so forgive me my lack of experience.

Killed lightning with The Khalim Organ TU crossbow, but I can't get the cold with Starkiller TU, seems it's too low cold dmg. Ok did it, seems adding Albrecht's Revenge additionally, did the trick. So those two TU setups can do the seals if anybody is interested :P
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I am really struggling to get this build to do any serious damage.

Its killspeed has slowed down all the way through nightmare, I managed to get to Baal and I can hardly scratch him, even the summons die very easily.

I'm level 104 using: T4 topspin, death spur, deadfall, police verso and albrechts.
T3 Embershot (is that the problem?)
Felblood amulet and some random rare rings and quiver.

Skills: 17/17 famine, dragonfire oil,
embalming 19/19
widowmaker 11/15
1pt in all of crossbow, support and summon trees

It's seriously weak damage! When I kil one or two Death Shards does the rest but without corpses I'm useless (like with Baal).

What am I doing wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.

P.S. I have 32 skill points unused but I can't see anyhere useful to put them (maybe Talon's Hold but thyere wuld be no reanimatyes and slowing Ball only slightly wouldn't help).
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
ojejku wrote:@Moasseman any tip you could share re defeating all 5 seals in Kabraxis for each element? I understand we need to deal each of 5 elements, so I got fire and magic down, should and stone (physical) \but what about light and cold, we're not dealing any of that element? I'm doing it for the 1st time so forgive me my lack of experience.

Killed lightning with The Khalim Organ TU crossbow, but I can't get the cold with Starkiller TU, seems it's too low cold dmg. Ok did it, seems adding Albrecht's Revenge additionally, did the trick. So those two TU setups can do the seals if anybody is interested :P

Yep, weapon + body switch is usually enough. Personally I used some random crafted xbow I got that had both cold and lightning dmg and swapped chest to Jitan's kamon for the 2 elements.

PlayerOne wrote:I am really struggling to get this build to do any serious damage.

Its killspeed has slowed down all the way through nightmare, I managed to get to Baal and I can hardly scratch him, even the summons die very easily.

I'm level 104 using: T4 topspin, death spur, deadfall, police verso and albrechts.
T3 Embershot (is that the problem?)
Felblood amulet and some random rare rings and quiver.

Skills: 17/17 famine, dragonfire oil,
embalming 19/19
widowmaker 11/15
1pt in all of crossbow, support and summon trees

It's seriously weak damage! When I kil one or two Death Shards does the rest but without corpses I'm useless (like with Baal).

What am I doing wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.

P.S. I have 32 skill points unused but I can't see anyhere useful to put them (maybe Talon's Hold but thyere wuld be no reanimatyes and slowing Ball only slightly wouldn't help).

Take a quick look at your Attack rating. Based on your item choices, I'm gonna wager a guess that it's not really up there. Embershot (especially T3) is not optimal but it should get the job done.

Anyway, NM Baal is an ordeal for a lot of things becuase it's kinda to give you a taste of what the uberbosses will be like. If you really wanna evaporate him, swap gloves to Visegrip to fix any and all AR issues for bosses and rest should be no problemos.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Moasseman wrote:Take a quick look at your Attack rating. Based on your item choices, I'm gonna wager a guess that it's not really up there. Embershot (especially T3) is not optimal but it should get the job done.

Anyway, NM Baal is an ordeal for a lot of things becuase it's kinda to give you a taste of what the uberbosses will be like. If you really wanna evaporate him, swap gloves to Visegrip to fix any and all AR issues for bosses and rest should be no problemos.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It shows Widowmaker = 435 (41% chance to hit Baal).
Frag Shot = blank (always hits?).

I tried WM at first but it was hopeless, Then Frag Shot and it was as bad. I don't know that it would make a difference to get 100% attack rating since I hardly get any life off him at all. Minions are gone in a second, merc too, and then he just teleports onto me sooner or later and I'm dead - I get very few hits on him.

By the way, WM only fires in 4 directions, is that how it should be? I was exepcting something like Barrage on amazon firing all over the place. So if I place a WM right in the middle of the monster, will all 4 'directions' hit?
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
PlayerOne wrote:
Moasseman wrote:Take a quick look at your Attack rating. Based on your item choices, I'm gonna wager a guess that it's not really up there. Embershot (especially T3) is not optimal but it should get the job done.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It shows Widowmaker = 435 (41% chance to hit Baal).
Frag Shot = blank (always hits?).

I tried WM at first but it was hopeless, Then Frag Shot and it was as bad. I don't know that it would make a difference to get 100% attack rating since I hardly get any life off him at all. Minions are gone in a second, merc too, and then he just teleports onto me sooner or later and I'm dead - I get very few hits on him.

By the way, WM only fires in 4 directions, is that how it should be? I was exepcting something like Barrage on amazon firing all over the place. So if I place a WM right in the middle of the monster, will all 4 'directions' hit?

435 ar is waaaay too little for nm baal. you should work on that with crafted jewels, MOs, swap gear (as moasseman told you). widowmaker animation shows shooting in 4 directions. the bolts spread that way but then they selfaim to any nearby mobs. the bolts do that one time. if the enemy is moving, it might not get hit a lot. since baal is killing your minions quickly and your ar is super bad, you might not really hit him. work on your ar and try to recast your minions in town to get at least 2-3 widowmakers hit him. redo that until you are done, shouldnt take long. another way is just kite him widowmaker kite again etc. a strong merc might also withstand baal for somewhat longer.
Edited by Jaxon 5 years.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Thanks both!

I learned 3 things from the posts:

1. That i could TP out of the Baal area! I thought the 'lock' meant that if I left after 20secs lock time then I couldn't do the quest without making another game. That means... I have no idea what the Lock means now! lol

2. AR. I swapped the belt for a TU4 light belt (Wormtongue?) and AR was much higher and I could take a chunk of his life by casting it on his head.

3. WM can be cast repeatedly; I don't have to wait for the animation to complete! (doh)

Annoyingly the merc locked up repeatedly but I managed to hit and run and sprint far enough away that by the time I got back to the TP Baal wasn't following, so I re-cast minions, rinse and repeat until dead (7-8 times in all). I didn't die once.

Thanks again guys! Hell, here I come! :-D
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
PlayerOne wrote:Thanks both!

I learned 3 things from the posts:

1. That i could TP out of the Baal area! I thought the 'lock' meant that if I left after 20secs lock time then I couldn't do the quest without making another game. That means... I have no idea what the Lock means now! lol

That is what the level lock means: after the timer has run out, you can't re-enter the area if you leave. Baal timer is 20 MINUTES tho, not 20 seconds like many ubers will be.

PlayerOne wrote:2. AR. I swapped the belt for a TU4 light belt (Wormtongue?) and AR was much higher and I could take a chunk of his life by casting it on his head.

Yep, Widowmaker has an obscene singletarget dps

PlayerOne wrote:3. WM can be cast repeatedly; I don't have to wait for the animation to complete! (doh)

Oof