Holy Melee Paladin (2 hander Full Phys)

I'm playing this build and the damage is good but I'm extremely fragile.

I'm running full cinadides with 77% all elemental resistances, 33% physical resistance and approximately 250kdef, 9k life but I'm still getting basically 1 shotted in tengaze and the triune. I always keep 5 hoplites up and a bloodmage merc (unless im dying to much to keep paying for him).

How do I increase my survivablity? I feel like even if i doubled my HP i would still get basically erased. Is there something I'm missing?
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Pubes_in_ur_OJ wrote:I'm playing this build and the damage is good but I'm extremely fragile.

I'm running full cinadides with 77% all elemental resistances, 33% physical resistance and approximately 250kdef, 9k life but I'm still getting basically 1 shotted in tengaze and the triune. I always keep 5 hoplites up and a bloodmage merc (unless im dying to much to keep paying for him).

How do I increase my survivablity? I feel like even if i doubled my HP i would still get basically erased. Is there something I'm missing?

You should have around 10k life with the set and 50% dr with TA trophy+class charm+ maxed blessed life. The reason you re getting destroyed in triune and teganze is spell damage. Kraken guards melt you if you dont have aroun 85+ max cold res. Same goes for Teganze, if you dont dodge the balls you re gonna get destroyed with anything less than 12k life and 88-90 max res to all. New teganze is super shitty now, your merc and summons die super fast. I suggest you spec to vesseldin for teganze farming. Triune should be ok if you get more max res. Go farm Kabraxis for max 3 res charm. As for life, did you get all your sigs? Did you craft your jewels with lem runes + flat life and % attributes? Do you have Nih Boots?
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Pubes_in_ur_OJ wrote:I'm playing this build and the damage is good but I'm extremely fragile.

You should have max dr with maxed blessed life. Are you lacking some of the +max skills charms? If thats the case i would suggest you to get them. So before attempting 120 ubers, you should finish your ubers up to 120 first.

Also temple spires in triune casts meteor and if you get hit by that it would nearly one shot you. So i would suggest you to look out for them and keep moving constantly.
Bojac wrote:

You should have around 10k life with the set and 50% dr with TA trophy+class charm+ maxed blessed life. The reason you re getting destroyed in triune and teganze is spell damage. Kraken guards melt you if you dont have aroun 85+ max cold res. Same goes for Teganze, if you dont dodge the balls you re gonna get destroyed with anything less than 12k life and 88-90 max res to all. New teganze is super shitty now, your merc and summons die super fast. I suggest you spec to vesseldin for teganze farming. Triune should be ok if you get more max res. Go farm Kabraxis for max 3 res charm. As for life, did you get all your sigs? Did you craft your jewels with lem runes + flat life and % attributes? Do you have Nih Boots?

Thanks for the tips. I'm still farming the signets (I only have around 100 right now). I have been crafting jewels with Lem runes. And yes I am wearing Nih boots.

I'll try and farm Kabraxis for his charm. Aside from that how would you recommend I get more cold res? Just socket my items with Ponyx?

Another idea I've been thinking about is adding some re-animates to my gear? Have you tried this, if so is it viable?
Glamdring26 wrote:

You should have max dr with maxed blessed life. Are you lacking some of the +max skills charms? If thats the case i would suggest you to get them. So before attempting 120 ubers, you should finish your ubers up to 120 first.

Also temple spires in triune casts meteor and if you get hit by that it would nearly one shot you. So i would suggest you to look out for them and keep moving constantly.

I have all my charms up to 115. I do need to respec now to adjust my skills accordingly though. My blessed life isn't at max.

The meteor does 1 shot me. Even the golems with the falling rocks kill me quite easily (perhaps the additional physical res will help with this).
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Pubes_in_ur_OJ wrote:
Bojac wrote:

Thanks for the tips. I'm still farming the signets (I only have around 100 right now). I have been crafting jewels with Lem runes. And yes I am wearing Nih boots.

I'll try and farm Kabraxis for his charm. Aside from that how would you recommend I get more cold res? Just socket my items with Ponyx?

Another idea I've been thinking about is adding some re-animates to my gear? Have you tried this, if so is it viable?

Mo'ing your rings and amulets is the best way to gain resist.

There is no more reanimate MO'S so i dont see any way you get reanimates without sacrificing items.

400 signets is a crucial part of the game. Try to finish it as fast as possible
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Why maxing plague? I think its counterproductive since din spam either retaliate or dj on same spot so the poison just keep reapplying in small period of time without reaching its max dmg. I mean its not like pounce where we hit and forget.
And also using 2h-HoG need 680 IAS as dragonform for 7 frame. Is it achievable with midgame or even endgame gear with 10pt to rapture and jewel that not focus on ias?
Bojac
Abomination
143 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
nofurylion wrote:Why maxing plague? I think its counterproductive since din spam either retaliate or dj on same spot so the poison just keep reapplying in small period of time without reaching its max dmg. I mean its not like pounce where we hit and forget.
And also using 2h-HoG need 680 IAS as dragonform for 7 frame. Is it achievable with midgame or even endgame gear with 10pt to rapture and jewel that not focus on ias?

You wont get 7 frames without insane investment, probably impossible. You can get 7 frames if you use
Gotterdammerung
Gotterdammerung
Great Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 496 to 673
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
Thunderfury
Area Effect Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 250-400 Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Requirements +800%
Ragh nar Rook
Socketed (6)
because it has a WSM of 25 instead of 30. The reason you max plague is to help with clear, it gets spread by colosseum and retaliate and it lets you put more points into dragonheart. There isnt a single skill you would rather put the points into anyway.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
131 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Glamdring26 wrote:candlewake armor, barghest howl helmet

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Glamdring. Lol.
Syphien
Imp
4 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Glamdring, weren't you the one who was telling Metal that candlewake was not the BiS. If I recall, when metal had a guide up, you repeatedly told him to do his research. It's really sad to see that you're now agreeing with what Bojac is saying in his guide. You seem to really not think of anything yourself and just do what people you think are "good" tell you.

Anyways, good guide Bojac, sorry to hijack just don't really like people like Glamdring in the community.