Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
APAKane wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:
APAKane wrote:Regarding Weapon MO and slots: wouldn't 30 life on attack net you more lifegain in general than 10 life on kill?
Obviously true vs bosses, but even against generic end-game mobs it should be true, no?

You dont really use life on attack or life on kill versus end game mobs. Because end game gear is level requirement 100, and the mo's you can use on your weapon are (from best to worst) larzuk's round shot/%enchanted damage(it cannot exceed %200), %deadly strike, +max damage.

So there is no space to mo life on attack or life on kill in end game anyway, so its basically a trivial question.

Regarding end game mobs, your life leech from some of the charms + incarnation should be enough.

Oh okay fair enough. This might ought to be explicitly mentioned in the guide for those of us new to the game mechanics then.
Are the weapon sockets best used just for more Ko Runes then?

Not really, weapons are always socketed jah runes for wdm chars for more %ed, because socketing runes can exceed %200ed limit so its just flat damage that will multiply with tons of EWD(Enchanted weapon damage, mostly from dragonheart). 1 jah runes gives %15ed and 1 xis rune gives %30ed but its unsocketable, much more expensive, and it makes the item required level 120, so you lose 5 mo space. But if you can get your hands into eth gotterdammerung with 5 xis + indestructible jewel, that would be the theoritical most damage you can get.

Also you shouldnt use ko runes after reaching hell because you need crafting jewels for reaching your max frames + str + life + AR. So you shouldnt use ko runes at all in the end game gear. Jah runes for weapon and jewels for everything else.

For mo'ing armors, %ed, +str, %tcd is nice. For amulets and rings %resist if you couldnt get max resist with your current gear, +flat physical resist or %poison length reduction or +defense, depending on whatever you need.
Gillette
Imp
4 | 0
I'm going to echo the same sentiment as a lot of others in this thread - I feel like a complete glass cannon. I've got no problem clearing Tran Athulua, and was able to clear most of the challenges leading up to Athulua herself, but... I die basically instantly in Library of Fate, or Tran Athulua, or Duncraig, etc... I can kill Rathma no problem, but I fall over dead almost instantly if his minions get near me and I have a hard time killing much in Triune before dying. It's incredibly frustrating, as I feel like I have pretty good gear and am not a complete moron (just your average one).

I have noticed that many folks who are doing this content are sitting around 12k HP and 400k+ defense with a 2h on. I'm sitting at a smidge under 10k HP and around 290k def (without SA, but with Bear Stance). Resists are 78/78/77/77/0/50.

I feel like I have to be missing something really obvious, as I've got some friends who have had significantly fewer issues doing this content - though they don't have any knowledge outside of the class/specs they're playing.

Any help is appreciated! I really appreciate what has been done with MXL, but I'm getting so damned frustrated that I'm about ready to give up.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=darnath gear for reference
Giu
Core Lord
385 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gillette wrote:I'm going to echo the same sentiment as a lot of others in this thread - I feel like a complete glass cannon. I've got no problem clearing Tran Athulua, and was able to clear most of the challenges leading up to Athulua herself, but... I die basically instantly in Library of Fate, or Tran Athulua, or Duncraig, etc... I can kill Rathma no problem, but I fall over dead almost instantly if his minions get near me and I have a hard time killing much in Triune before dying. It's incredibly frustrating, as I feel like I have pretty good gear and am not a complete moron (just your average one).

I have noticed that many folks who are doing this content are sitting around 12k HP and 400k+ defense with a 2h on. I'm sitting at a smidge under 10k HP and around 290k def (without SA, but with Bear Stance). Resists are 78/78/77/77/0/50.

I feel like I have to be missing something really obvious, as I've got some friends who have had significantly fewer issues doing this content - though they don't have any knowledge outside of the class/specs they're playing.

Any help is appreciated! I really appreciate what has been done with MXL, but I'm getting so damned frustrated that I'm about ready to give up.

Can't see, please allow others to view it, so we can perhaps help.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gillette wrote:I'm going to echo the same sentiment as a lot of others in this thread - I feel like a complete glass cannon. I've got no problem clearing Tran Athulua, and was able to clear most of the challenges leading up to Athulua herself, but... I die basically instantly in Library of Fate, or Tran Athulua, or Duncraig, etc... I can kill Rathma no problem, but I fall over dead almost instantly if his minions get near me and I have a hard time killing much in Triune before dying. It's incredibly frustrating, as I feel like I have pretty good gear and am not a complete moron (just your average one).

Maybe you are not using your solar flare much? I mean even with 300k def 10khp you shouldnt die to rathma or ta. I mean they will deal damage but your lifesteal should be enough to keep you alive. Try using colosseum and solar flare more often since it colosseum will knock back mobs and apply plague, and solar flare will give you AR and LL so that you can keep hitting mobs and keep yourself alive.

Library of fate has punisher throwing turrets, if you get hit by them punisher will deal HEAVY poison damage, but you can just use a potion to get rid of it.

Duncraig has barrels which will pretty much one shot you. (Maybe 2 shot) Try not to stand still. Engage in mobs hit a couple of times and teleport out, rinse and repeat.

Tran athulua should be piece of cake. You have really good armor and DR so those amazons shouldnt even deal that much damage in the first place.
Gillette
Imp
4 | 0
Glamdring26 wrote:
Gillette wrote:
Maybe you are not using your solar flare much? I mean even with 300k def 10khp you shouldnt die to rathma or ta. I mean they will deal damage but your lifesteal should be enough to keep you alive. Try using colosseum and solar flare more often since it colosseum will knock back mobs and apply plague, and solar flare will give you AR and LL so that you can keep hitting mobs and keep yourself alive.

Library of fate has punisher throwing turrets, if you get hit by them punisher will deal HEAVY poison damage, but you can just use a potion to get rid of it.

Duncraig has barrels which will pretty much one shot you. (Maybe 2 shot) Try not to stand still. Engage in mobs hit a couple of times and teleport out, rinse and repeat.

Tran athulua should be piece of cake. You have really good armor and DR so those amazons shouldnt even deal that much damage in the first place.

Tran Athulua is super easy - it's Athulua herself (the uber/boss) that destroys me.

I'm very careful to keep SF up the whole time for that lifesteal. The issue I seem to be having is that if I'm not actively life stealing for even a split second in Duncraig/Rathma/Triune/etc... I will almost instantly die.

Library of Fate it's the lightning from the turret thing in the middle that instagibs me :\

GiuD2 wrote:Can't see, please allow others to view it, so we can perhaps help.

Not sure how to do this, but seems it should be available?
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gillette wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:
Gillette wrote:

Tran Athulua is super easy - it's Athulua herself (the uber/boss) that destroys me.

I'm very careful to keep SF up the whole time for that lifesteal. The issue I seem to be having is that if I'm not actively life stealing for even a split second in Duncraig/Rathma/Triune/etc... I will almost instantly die.

Library of Fate it's the lightning from the turret thing in the middle that instagibs me :\

GiuD2 wrote:Can't see, please allow others to view it, so we can perhaps help.

Not sure how to do this, but seems it should be available?

Athulua itself is really easy if you use hoplites. She does nearly no damage to those summons and when you colosseum those summons will be your meatshields to protect you.

You dying instantly seems really weird. Do you have all charms up to there and 400 sigs? Triune has temple spires which uses meteor which can one shot, duncraig uses barrels which cna one shot, rathma means rathma square i guess, those mobs deal heavy fire damage but they should die pretty easily. Other than those, you should tank them easily. I was tanking p8 dunc and i wasnt even bis, so you should be able to do the same.

The lightning from ball should instakill you, the whole point of uber is that you should avoid that beam and kill the turret.

Also you can make your chars visible to other players from here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/
Gillette
Imp
4 | 0
Glamdring26 wrote:
Athulua itself is really easy if you use hoplites. She does nearly no damage to those summons and when you colosseum those summons will be your meatshields to protect you.

You dying instantly seems really weird. Do you have all charms up to there and 400 sigs? Triune has temple spires which uses meteor which can one shot, duncraig uses barrels which cna one shot, rathma means rathma square i guess, those mobs deal heavy fire damage but they should die pretty easily. Other than those, you should tank them easily. I was tanking p8 dunc and i wasnt even bis, so you should be able to do the same.

The lightning from ball should instakill you, the whole point of uber is that you should avoid that beam and kill the turret.

Also you can make your chars visible to other players from here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/

Yeah the hoplites tank when I Colosseum to her, but every so often she'll teleport next to me and I just fall over dead :/ I'm getting maaaaaybe 2-3% of her health down when I Colosseum in and attack since she teleports away almost instantly.

And yeah, sorry Rathma square. For the other bits mentioned - I'm aware of the barrels and the meteors. I'm dying to "white damage" for lack of a better term - just being hit in general, not the actual one shot mechanics.

Re: Library of Fate - I was under the impression I had to kill that ball to be able to do the rest... interesting! The lightning is basically the entire screen once I start heading in that direction so I die before I've really been able to explore it. The invincible monsters kill me almost immediately so I can't stand still for more than a second.

I've made my character available. Definitely nowhere near 400 signets, but I've got all of charms leading up to the ubers I'm attempting to do now (save for Library of Fate). Many of them were just death zergs (e.g. Azmodan was probably dying 50+ times, same with Bull Prince Rodeo :? ).
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gillette wrote:
Yeah the hoplites tank when I Colosseum to her, but every so often she'll teleport next to me and I just fall over dead :/ I'm getting maaaaaybe 2-3% of her health down when I Colosseum in and attack since she teleports away almost instantly.

And yeah, sorry Rathma square. For the other bits mentioned - I'm aware of the barrels and the meteors. I'm dying to "white damage" for lack of a better term - just being hit in general, not the actual one shot mechanics.

Re: Library of Fate - I was under the impression I had to kill that ball to be able to do the rest... interesting! The lightning is basically the entire screen once I start heading in that direction so I die before I've really been able to explore it. The invincible monsters kill me almost immediately so I can't stand still for more than a second.

I've made my character available. Definitely nowhere near 400 signets, but I've got all of charms leading up to the ubers I'm attempting to do now (save for Library of Fate). Many of them were just death zergs (e.g. Azmodan was probably dying 50+ times, same with Bull Prince Rodeo :? ).

It seems like a you are behind on gear, behind on jewels and behind on sigs. First of all farm 400 sigs and use them to boost your str, this will improve your damage so that you can kill them before they kill you, second of all it seems like you are still using gems and runes to socket your gear, you should switch to lem crafted jewels by now. Since you dont use jewels or barghest howl helm, your breakpoints will be garbage and you will get stunlocked by the mobs to the death. Third of all, try to get better gear. The ladder pretty much died so everyone selling their items for cheap prices. Try to obtain some of the end game items or alternatively you can go for cinadide set.

Also dont use klaatu amulet. Even angel hearth would be a better choice.

Also your char "only" died 332 times. My char died 1185 times so imagine dying as the part of the game :mrgreen:
You will die less when you know the mechanics better.

For library of fate, the beam directions should be set and not moving, so that you can just hit the turret from its blind side as soon as you enter the room, dont go back of the room because there are 2 guys that will attack you if you get close. Try hitting couple of times and DA out if you feel like dying and repeat the process. Bojac is still trying other builds and busy with work so he cannot really do video tutorials of ubers, but i will let him know more people are struggling with the build.
Kaljurei
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
For Library you can literally stand behind one pillar and not get hit, and once the laser stops just go directly colosseum it(or walk) and hit it, it dies pretty quick.

Inarius has an Abyss attack that's fairly deadly, but it's super easy otherwise. Rodeo is also easy, just super annoying because of his stun and constant repositioning required to avoid cows if you feel too fragile.
Gillette
Imp
4 | 0
Thanks for all of the info, folks! Really appreciate the feedback.