Werewolf Druid

Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Diaco wrote:
melonenpflanze wrote:10 runs?

15-20 now, and the results were pretty consistent. a lot more with 200~% with much better results. I'm not saying this is scientifically proven by any means, and I'm not willing to put in the amount of work and dedication for it, as I said, this is just "my feeling"

I have found that MF is a balance between kill speed / damage and MF value. You have to get the right balance. You can tell by the color left on the ground. If you are getting mostly rare drops mixed with several uniques, you are in the sweet spot. There will be small amounts of magics and nearly no whites. Once in the sweet spot, there will be a ton of set drops and several Sacred Uniques. My problem is that I keep increasing my damage, which is upsetting my MF balance. I am back to nearly all blue and white drops again. I have never believed that you need more than 2-3 hundred MF to be effective, but the difference of 10 points either + or - can make a big difference.

I have had a bowzon who didn't need hardly any MF at all and was raking in the sets and SUs. Anyways, I have as yet to find my specific gear items, but I am plugging away. I have done DC and Faust now about 35-40 times and still no joy.

Edit: I just discovered Labyrinth totems! Seems to be much better drops now. I am up to level 10 but still haven't found my specific SSUs.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
I have a question about Faerie Fire vs Force of Nature, late game. I benefited from Faerie Fire early game and that was fine, but with my MF struggles to get the better drops, I changed Faerie Fire to Force of Nature. I lost the 20% avoid to be sure, but with 250K defense and 50% DR I am not feeling it too bad. Since I just pop around with Harbinger, I am not getting any benefit from mobs taking damage from the trail it leaves while running around.

What I gained however, is 6K to my damage!! I went from 10K to 16K and it makes the world of difference with MF drops. I got my Giants Knuckles on the very next Faust run. SU/SSU/SSSU drops are falling like dead leaves in both DC and Faust now.

Anyone have a thoughts about this?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nantuc wrote:I have a question about Faerie Fire vs Force of Nature, late game. I benefited from Faerie Fire early game and that was fine, but with my MF struggles to get the better drops, I changed Faerie Fire to Force of Nature. I lost the 20% avoid to be sure, but with 250K defense and 50% DR I am not feeling it too bad. Since I just pop around with Harbinger, I am not getting any benefit from mobs taking damage from the trail it leaves while running around.

What I gained however, is 6K to my damage!! I went from 10K to 16K and it makes the world of difference with MF drops. I got my Giants Knuckles on the very next Faust run. SU/SSU/SSSU drops are falling like dead leaves in both DC and Faust now.

Anyone have a thoughts about this?

One though, skip FoN . Only build it is worth is Wildfire druid. And Stat screen always lies, even d2sats.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Very small sample size, large margin of error.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Jampula wrote:One though, skip FoN . Only build it is worth is Wildfire druid. And Stat screen always lies, even d2sats.

Can't argue with the MF drops though. The difference is night and day. With FoN lots of color and tons of Set and S/S/SUs. With FF, blue and white drops with nearly no Sets and S/S/SUs.

I have another oddity. I have thoroughly read about IAS. I have 355% Total IAS after making changes to my Shark Long Sword and some gear changes. I changed my Shark by swapping out a Jewel that is missing the 15% IAS in favor of adding the Indestructible attribute. I also did not add the two IAS MOs that I had before. My WiAS went from 127% down to 100%. I have noticed, especially on Twisted Claw, the FR has seriously dropped even though my Total IAS has increased. I read in earlier posts that it should not matter if the rest of my IAS breakpoint comes from IAS on gear, but I am not experiencing this. I was getting 3 Frames before and now it is more like 7 or 8.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nantuc wrote:
Jampula wrote:One though, skip FoN . Only build it is worth is Wildfire druid. And Stat screen always lies, even d2sats.

Can't argue with the MF drops though. The difference is night and day. With FoN lots of color and tons of Set and S/S/SUs. With FF, blue and white drops with nearly no Sets and S/S/SUs.

I have another oddity. I have thoroughly read about IAS. I have 355% Total IAS after making changes to my Shark Long Sword and some gear changes. I changed my Shark by swapping out a Jewel that is missing the 15% IAS in favor of adding the Indestructible attribute. I also did not add the two IAS MOs that I had before. My WiAS went from 127% down to 100%. I have noticed, especially on Twisted Claw, the FR has seriously dropped even though my Total IAS has increased. I read in earlier posts that it should not matter if the rest of my IAS breakpoint comes from IAS on gear, but I am not experiencing this. I was getting 3 Frames before and now it is more like 7 or 8.

But you were speakin about lategame, I assumed you meant lab tiers. I'm not ofcouse expert and better to leave it to op. Just avoid seems like a much better deal, with wolf you can get even around 70%
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Jampula wrote:But you were speakin about lategame, I assumed you meant lab tiers. I'm not ofcouse expert and better to leave it to op. Just avoid seems like a much better deal, with wolf you can get even around 70%

I had 80% am now at 60% with FoN. That mixed with 250K def, 50% dr, and Max FtP, the wolf is pretty stable. I do Lab runs too, but mostly I use the wolf to farm for drops.
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's been bothering me for some time, why are people always suggesting broad/long sword for shark base.If you play str based wolf, war sword is far superior not only in base damage but in atk speed.With it you can reach 3fpa which is huge damage and clear boost and all you lose are 3 jewels.

#Broad/long sword suck
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
delusion wrote:It's been bothering me for some time, why are people always suggesting broad/long sword for shark base.If you play str based wolf, war sword is far superior not only in base damage but in atk speed.With it you can reach 3fpa which is huge damage and clear boost and all you lose are 3 jewels.

#Broad/long sword suck

Three Jewels are a pretty big deal. On one of my jewels I have 15% IAS, 15% FHR, 50% AR, 2% LL, 2% ML, and 2% Str. Bonus. Triple that is what I would be giving up. I was getting 3 fpa before I swapped out one of my jewels for one that is missing the IAS. Once I manage to craft a jewel that has Indestructible, 15% IAS, 15% FHR I will have my 3 fpa again.
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nantuc wrote:Three Jewels are a pretty big deal. On one of my jewels I have 15% IAS, 15% FHR, 50% AR, 2% LL, 2% ML, and 2% Str. Bonus. Triple that is what I would be giving up. I was getting 3 fpa before I swapped out one of my jewels for one that is missing the IAS. Once I manage to craft a jewel that has Indestructible, 15% IAS, 15% FHR I will have my 3 fpa again.

I don't think you understand how frames work.You cannot get 3 fpa on long/broad sword, they are capped at 5 fpa.All attack speed after 219 is completely useless and doesn't increase attack frames any more.As soon as you hit your fhr and ias caps those stats become obsolete.You literally lose 40 % damage and even if you have 3 of those perfect jewels you described that would net you very small damage increase because of the 2 % str.LL and ML are not very good on wold because harbringer converts 75 % damage into cold.