Werewolf Druid

lamedog
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is this even worth it early game? I felt like last season it was hardly playable til midgame.
lauroson
Invader
8 | 0
Never played a werewolf before, but this looks detailed enough to give it a shot ;)
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lamedog wrote:Is this even worth it early game? I felt like last season it was hardly playable til midgame.

I personally will play Rat or Tree in early. Then make Wolf for mid and end game
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lamedog wrote:Is this even worth it early game? I felt like last season it was hardly playable til midgame.

It's harder to level than other Druid builds for sure. It's hard to level one when you can instead go treewarden, fall asleep at the keyboard and still wake up in hell difficulty.
igloosPat
Cultist
20 | 3
What do you think about Crystal Sword Shark XIS and max block with all into dexterity?
FIGBird
Destroyer
7 | 0
I think that a Crystal Sword + Dex build could work, but you are going to have some strength needs for the better gear choices so it may end up being a question of what you can wear and still go a dex build. There are some items, such as Candlewake and Greenwalker's which may not be viable/useful.

I would have to spend some time experimenting with that to give a better answer, but I would say give it a try and find out.

As a bit of general build notes:
If you are going for a 2H setup from the start it can be a decently viable choice to build Void into a 2H sword. The mana recovery can offset the drain entirely for prolonged periods so it will let you stay mobile near constantly which helps in survival prior to getting your reward tree skills. You basically manually dodge spells and do not have to worry about sweeping often.

The hardest part of this build as a starter really ends up being the lack of defensive skills/passives which most of the other melee builds have access to fairly early. Ours are all level 90+ with the exception of ranged attacks being avoidable.

I haven't tested it, but looking at Strength Beyond Strength I would think that it would be pretty strong for an offensive chest item. On strike pyroblast, deadly strike, flat damage, and a reanimate sound like all big wins. Has anyone tested this item to see if it is a good fit?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
igloosPat wrote:What do you think about Crystal Sword Shark XIS and max block with all into dexterity?

Crystal sword doesn't count as a sword. you cannot use skills with it in wolf form. tried and tested few patches ago :)
FIGBird
Destroyer
7 | 0
That answers that. Glad someone tried it. That makes sense too, since they are a special category of weapon.
Ironpool
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Currently using Demon Touch gloves, although not sure how much the cataclysm proc is helping by itself. None of the other glove choices seemed like they would be a huge DPS boost to be honest. Especially facebreaker, do we benefit from that at all, considering that only weapon attack speed matters and stuff
Also, is 3100-6300 character page dps too low? I can faceroll p1 fauzt and dunc, but p3 and above gets too hard
gnu314
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Can anyone give some insight on how to bridge the gap up to 115? I'm currently sitting at 103 have all of the NM gear/TU and added MOs to rings/weapon. I also socketed Jah in the weapon to squeeze out some more damage for the time being.

I haven't done anything to my armor yet. Wanted to get some advice before I start MOing everything. I'm pretty squishy at the moment. Should I just roll %ed on all my armor? I'm capped on res in hell from gems for the time being. Haven't started any of the charm collecting yet.