Werewolf Druid

Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Nantuc wrote:
Wolff wrote:I would recommend 1h and shield with strenght to lvl up. You will melt everything.

Also i'm strenght with a Tooltip of 7.8k dmg on Harbringer. I melt everything down in Faultz/Bremm/Dunc. Is dexterity better end game? Any dext end game werewolf can tell me his setup and Tooltip dmg on Harbringer?

I have a Dex build for doing T15 Labs. The only issue I have is with necrobots. Once they hit you once, they reduce my max block from 75% to 33%. Once this curse is on you, you are extremely vulnerable to their ranged shots.

Weapon: Crystal Sword Shark
MOs: 5x IAS, 5x EWD
Jewels: 4x 15% IAS, 15% FHR, 15% FBR, 2% LL, 1% ML, +4 Attributes crafted Jewels.
1x 10% IAS, 15% FHR, 1% LL, 2% ML, +6 psn res, Indestructible, crafted jewel. (for a total of 130 IAS.)

No more IAS jewels are required for the build, the rest comes from charms and base IAS attributes from gear to hit the speed modifier cap of 75% / 4 FPA.

Offhand: Abandoned Crafted Spiked Shield with +2 Base Block Chance, High ED (170% in my case), 7% Phys res (can go to 10%).
MOs: 3x elemental res., 5x Total Char Def, 2x ED (to hit 200% ED)
Jewels: 2x Lotto'd Tiered Unique Demonstone Blood Jewels with 3% Max Life, 4x SU Arkenstone Jewels (for the 4% extra Physical resists.)

Switchout:
Weapon: NimmenJuushin (For MotW)
Sockets: 6x Nih (for buff duration)

Shield: Goddess Runeword (for the +4 to all Skills)

Armor: Natasia's Legacy
MOs: 5x Elemental Resists

Helm: Nezha Runeword
MOs: 5x Elemental Resists
Jewels: 3x crafted 15% FHR, 15% FBR, 2% LL, 2% ML, 1% Dex

Gloves: Lucky'd Hammerfists (ED only)
MOs: 3x ED (to bring to 200% ED), 5x Elemental Resists, rest into Total Char Def
Jewels: 4x crafted 15% FHR, 15% FBR, 2% LL, 2% ML, 1% Dex

Belt: Lucky'd Blackvoid (both ED and Phys res)
MOs: 5x Elemental Resists, 2x ED (to bring to 200% ED), rest into Total Char Def
Jewels: 1x crafted 15% FHR, 15% FBR, 2% LL, 2% ML, 1% Dex
1x SU Arkenstone Jewels (for the 1% extra Physical resist.)

Boots: Lucky'd Akarat's Trek (Phys res. only)
MOs: 3x ED (to bring to 200% ED), 5x Elemental Resists, rest into Total Char Def
Jewels: 4x crafted 15% FHR, 15% FBR, 2% LL, 2% ML, 1% Dex

Rings: 2x Lucky'd Giant's Knuckles
MOs: 5x Defense, 2x UMO Explorer's Globe (for 6% all attributes)

Ammulate: Dyer's Eve
MOs: 5x Defense, 2x UMO Explorer's Globe (for 6% all attributes)

Stats: Everything into Dex, with wormhole all dex it comes to 5013.

Skills: According to guide. at level 142, I have 9 extra pts which I put into TC. (I am thinking of taking the one point out of everything under Elvensong so I can put the 3 pts into TC as well for 22K damage.)

Resists: Max at 85%, 300% total on each element
Physical Resist: 60% (needed because Erinys in Labs reduce Phys Res by 10%)
Max Block: 75%
Dodge, Avoid, Evade: 81%
Defense: 419K
Life: 15.2K
Deadly Strike: 47%
Crushing Blow: 16%
Tooltip: MP Damage: 12K - 19K
TC Damage: 12K - 21K
Harb. Dmg: 5.6K - 10K
Magic Find: 136%
IAS: 335%
FHR: 290%
FBR: 275%
Edited by Nantuc 3 years.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
why do you use a sharkxis on a crystal sword if you don't benefit from the ED, max dmg nor bloodlust? wouldn't you be better off with a
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
100% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
25% Attack Speed
Adds (310 to 410)-(500 to 600) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
or a crafted one?
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Diaco wrote:why do you use a sharkxis on a crystal sword if you don't benefit from the ED, max dmg nor bloodlust? wouldn't you be better off with a
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Dexterity:
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
25% Attack Speed
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
or a crafted one?

The ED does translate into Cold Damage according to the tooltip as does EWD. Nice weapon though, I might give it a go, I am not sure how well it would work though with such a low pierce rating. My pierce is currently only at 41%.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nantuc wrote:
Diaco wrote:why do you use a sharkxis on a crystal sword if you don't benefit from the ED, max dmg nor bloodlust? wouldn't you be better off with a
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Dexterity:
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
25% Attack Speed
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
or a crafted one?

The ED does translate into Cold Damage according to the tooltip as does EWD. Nice weapon though, I might give it a go, I am not sure how well it would work though with such a low pierce rating. My pierce is currently only at 41%.

wat? how are you going to convert phys damage to cold damage if you're using a weapon that deals zero physical damage?
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Crash wrote:
Nantuc wrote:
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Dexterity:
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
25% Attack Speed
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
or a crafted one?

wat? how are you going to convert phys damage to cold damage if you're using a weapon that deals zero physical damage?

Maybe there is someone that understands the mechanics of the elemental weapons and can explain it better better than myself. I can only say that I am melting the mobs in T15 Labyrinth with TC, and the tooltip shows TC damage at 21k. The reason I made the dex setup was to get max block in addition to all the other nice def options the wolf provides. It was litterally the only thing I was missing and has helped massively with survivability in T15 Labs. I could try coming up with a purely elemental setup with Cold Blood, Cold Hunger, Stareyes Claws, Dementia, a different crafted shield for more pierce, but it would be nearly impossible to hit the 199% pierce needed for the bosses anyway.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
I have a question that someone might be able to answer. Do Cold Spell Damage bonuses apply to MP, TC, and Harbinger attacks or are they only increased with flat cold damage? It makes a huge difference with the jewels to use. Thanks...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nantuc wrote:I have a question that someone might be able to answer. Do Cold Spell Damage bonuses apply to MP, TC, and Harbinger attacks or are they only increased with flat cold damage? It makes a huge difference with the jewels to use. Thanks...

That shall answer it.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Istaryu wrote:
Nantuc wrote:I have a question that someone might be able to answer. Do Cold Spell Damage bonuses apply to MP, TC, and Harbinger attacks or are they only increased with flat cold damage? It makes a huge difference with the jewels to use. Thanks...

That shall answer it.

Thought so, so I will go with Life and Mana on Attack - Nih rune for the FHR, FBR jewels. Thanx...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nantuc wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

That shall answer it.

Thought so, so I will go with Life and Mana on Attack - Nih rune for the FHR, FBR jewels. Thanx...

Uh, keep in mind that harbringer is not an attack, its a warp strike, it doesnt trigger life and mana on attack.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nantuc wrote:
Crash wrote:wat? how are you going to convert phys damage to cold damage if you're using a weapon that deals zero physical damage?

Maybe there is someone that understands the mechanics of the elemental weapons and can explain it better better than myself. I can only say that I am melting the mobs in T15 Labyrinth with TC, and the tooltip shows TC damage at 21k. The reason I made the dex setup was to get max block in addition to all the other nice def options the wolf provides. It was litterally the only thing I was missing and has helped massively with survivability in T15 Labs. I could try coming up with a purely elemental setup with Cold Blood, Cold Hunger, Stareyes Claws, Dementia, a different crafted shield for more pierce, but it would be nearly impossible to hit the 199% pierce needed for the bosses anyway.

what is there to understand? elemental weapons do zero physical damage and in place of it, they scale elemental damage based on a main stat. In this case, Crystal sword gets 60% of total dex added as flat cold damage.

By definition of math: if you have 10,000 dex, you will have 6,000 added cold damage but zero physical damage besides maybe a couple gear pieces that give flat physical damage. Therefore, the ele weapon base being incapable of physical damage, that ED and bloodlust proc on talxis runeword do absolutely nothing to help since those are for scaling physical damage (and a tiny bit of elemental spell damage on bloodlust), not for flat elemental damage.

I'm not arguing your goal, I'm just trying to say you're using an elemental weapon with a rw that is intended for phys damage output, two polar opposites. You'd be better off with
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
for cold pierce, max life, and some more cold damage, but you'll still want to be mindful of attack speed on the jewels and mo's and base item to reach werewolf breakpoints. Your twisted claw damage is showing higher numbers because twisted claw deals 150% weapon damage modifier (all of your flat physical and elemental damage added together multiplied by 150%), so with the example above, you would have 6,000 added cold damage from 10,000 dex, but twisted claw would actually be doing 9,000 cold per hit because of that 150% wdm, without factoring in cold pierce.

also just a future warning, don't ever trust tooltip displays. It's almost always wrong because of display bugs scaling damage from incorrect sources like spell damage for flat elemental damage (it'll scale on the tooltip, but d2stats will show your actual damage before any %WDM calculation or pierce)