Werewolf Druid

Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
delusion wrote:
I don't think you understand how frames work.You cannot get 3 fpa on long/broad sword, they are capped at 5 fpa.All attack speed after 219 is completely useless and doesn't increase attack frames any more.As soon as you hit your fhr and ias caps those stats become obsolete.You literally lose 40 % damage and even if you have 3 of those perfect jewels you described that would net you very small damage increase because of the 2 % str.LL and ML are not very good on wold because harbringer converts 75 % damage into cold.

You are right, I am not an expert. The speed index shown in the theory crafting section of this guide does show that a 4 fpa is achievable with a long sword with a wIAS of 125. I have since managed to craft a 10% IAS, 15% FHR, Indestructible jewel and added 3 IAS MOs and now have a 128% wIAS. My 4 fpa speed is now back. I had forgotten how the faster fpa goes through the mana so quickly though, lol, I have to charge up much more frequently with MP now, but am loving the speed. I was also wrong about my perfect jewel, it is a 45 AR not a 50.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
delusion wrote: a

Longsword can get 4fpa mate, warsword just a worse longsword cause you cant get 3fpa with a warsword, you cant even get 4fpa with a warsword.
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
100% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
25% Attack Speed
Adds (310 to 410)-(500 to 600) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
and
Sarandeshi Hellcaller
Sarandeshi Hellcaller
Broad Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (114 - 132) to (119 - 138)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
5% Chance to cast level 16 Spellbind on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 43 Pentagram on Melee Attack
100% Attack Speed
Adds 250-313 Magic Damage
Adds 63-125 Fire Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+75 to Energy
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)
are the only two swords that can reach 3 fpa. They both need full ias MO + 6x15% ias jewels.
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I guess I was wrong, didn't realise the atack speed on the weapon itself matters the most.Played with cold blood last season and thought I got 3fpa because of the -20 speed modifier on crystal sword base.In that case long and broad sword are actually superior to war sword just because of having 6 slots for atk speed jewel.Also cold blood and building around dex should be the most optimal build.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
rumblealex can you please add the FHR breakpoint in the theory crafting section? There are a few different posts on what it actually is, first 86, then 200, then 280 and another post has it at 286. I am pretty sure it is 280. Might help us noobs figure it out quicker. Thanx....

PS: Mine is at 284% so if it is 286, I have to add a couple pts still.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nantuc wrote:rumblealex can you please add the FHR breakpoint in the theory crafting section? There are a few different posts on what it actually is, first 86, then 200, then 280 and another post has it at 286. I am pretty sure it is 280. Might help us noobs figure it out quicker. Thanx....

PS: Mine is at 284% so if it is 286, I have to add a couple pts still.

There is a soft called Speedcalc. It helps a lot.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
I am trying to figure out which trophy to put into "The Sleep" charm. I am thinking of cubing the Viz Jun trophy for the defense, dr, and tcd. Any suggestions?

Edit: The Viz-Jun trophy only ended up adding 25K to def. Eve of Destruction, while having the nice 25% WD and a +50% Mana Regen, only increased damage by 100, whereas Triune with the 15% to all attributes, increased Damage by 650, increased Def and Block Rate.

also

Is Deadly Strike better, or Crushing Blow? I have been working on increasing my DS but I can't find what the cap is, if any, in any of the documentation.
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Nantuc wrote:I am trying to figure out which trophy to put into "The Sleep" charm. I am thinking of cubing the Viz Jun trophy for the defense, dr, and tcd. Any suggestions?

Edit: The Viz-Jun trophy only ended up adding 25K to def. Eve of Destruction, while having the nice 25% WD and a +50% Mana Regen, only increased damage by 100, whereas Triune with the 15% to all attributes, increased Damage by 650, increased Def and Block Rate.

also

Is Deadly Strike better, or Crushing Blow? I have been working on increasing my DS but I can't find what the cap is, if any, in any of the documentation.

Bosses are immune to CB now so I would say go deadly strike. Deadly strike likely doesn't have a cap in MXL. If it does it's probably 100% which is likely not obtainable by any character, afaik.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
God_of_Magic wrote:Bosses are immune to CB now so I would say go deadly strike. Deadly strike likely doesn't have a cap in MXL. If it does it's probably 100% which is likely not obtainable by any character, afaik.

I had read that CB in Sigma did not work on Bosses, but then I saw a post that quoted Chuck Noris saying that it was fixed. Anyway, good to know, I have been working on increasing my DS, it is at 49% and I do not think it will get much higher.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
I Changed my Long Sword Shark to a Crystal Sword Shark and respec'd to all DEX. Everything has increased. My OS damage is now 6K higher, my Def is 46K higher, my AR has quadruppled, my Block Rate has increased by 35pts. I am not seeing a downside here. Just respec'd my wormhole from strength to dex and changed boots from slippers to Windrunner. I can report that the rummors of Harbinger not working with Crystal Sword are not true, it works just fine and because the Crystal Sword has a -20 WSM it requires less wIAS. which is not hard since the CS comes with 20% IAS and 100 AR on a good luck roll as well. I will admit that getting the double lucky is a lesson in patience.

One problem though, I was really hoping to get to MAX Block and only ended up with a 47% to Block after putting in all pts into dex. Any ideas how to improve it? I am using the Lightforge shield with Tahas. Also, seeing as though the Crystal Sword is a elemental sword, would max damage say from Taha's or enhanced weapon damage do anything? Or should I invest into Pierce and flat cold damage or Deadly Strike? Thanks...
Edited by Nantuc 3 years.