Summon Barbarian

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
CorralTheTroops wrote:
fr0gbug wrote:
Gelgsus wrote:
OnlyForFun wrote:
I think for survivability 50% in vitality may be necessary, even if running nephalem spirit. Also a lot of people are skipping on defender spirit. He does not contribute much damagewise, and it still pretty tanky with 1 point. Also can be spam summoned forward to aggro the enemy. But that's less damage for spirit reave for boss killing? Lot's of things to think about.

You're reading too much into the 50/50 str vitality split. There's simply nothing else worth putting stat points into after you get max benefit from shamanic trance. Unless they are HC i'm sure all these players maxed out the benefit from shamanic trance by pumping base pts into str before they started putting into vitality.

Even in HC.
The bonus is so good, since it is Total damage to spirits per point.
And 33% of 600 is 200%
And 66% of 600 is 400%
Which really is a lot.

You misunderstand, I'm not even suggesting you would think about not maxing out the bonus in HC, only that you might invest some in vit prior to maxing it out.
Dugma
Vampiress
35 | 3
fr0gbug wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
fr0gbug wrote:
Gelgsus wrote:
OnlyForFun wrote:
I think for survivability 50% in vitality may be necessary, even if running nephalem spirit. Also a lot of people are skipping on defender spirit. He does not contribute much damagewise, and it still pretty tanky with 1 point. Also can be spam summoned forward to aggro the enemy. But that's less damage for spirit reave for boss killing? Lot's of things to think about.

You're reading too much into the 50/50 str vitality split. There's simply nothing else worth putting stat points into after you get max benefit from shamanic trance. Unless they are HC i'm sure all these players maxed out the benefit from shamanic trance by pumping base pts into str before they started putting into vitality.

Even in HC.
And 33% of 600 is 200%
And 66% of 600 is 400%
Which really is a lot.

You misunderstand, I'm not even suggesting you would think about not maxing out the bonus in HC, only that you might invest some in vit prior to maxing it out.

I think a lot of people r confused about shamanic trance. You only get the bonuses for up to 600 strenght and not up to 600% of minion dmg/life.
If youre not going nephalem spirit (which imo isnt really good) going above 600 strenght is a waste of stats.
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 18
if you dont play nephalem you do only 600str else vit, its simple
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Dugma wrote:
fr0gbug wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
fr0gbug wrote:
Gelgsus wrote:
OnlyForFun wrote:

Even in HC.
And 33% of 600 is 200%
And 66% of 600 is 400%
Which really is a lot.

I think a lot of people r confused about shamanic trance. You only get the bonuses for up to 600 strenght and not up to 600% of minion dmg/life.
If youre not going nephalem spirit (which imo isnt really good) going above 600 strenght is a waste of stats.

You don't understand how it works if you think it isn't good. It's a completely separate multiplier for minion health and damage.

EDIT: just realized you were talking about neph spirit and not shamanic trance, in which case I agree with you, sorry for confusion.
Blightless
Skeleton
3 | 0
On SC what would be better, Neph Spirit or Runemaster?
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Blightless wrote:On SC what would be better, Neph Spirit or Runemaster?

Neph spirit, and try to stack your gear with 10%+ minion damage jewels.
However neph spirit suffers from the problem that minions don't have ele pierce, so the damage is quite misleading.
Gelgsus
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CorralTheTroops wrote:
Blightless wrote:On SC what would be better, Neph Spirit or Runemaster?

However neph spirit suffers from the problem that minions don't have ele pierce, so the damage is quite misleading.

THanks everyone for all the info.
Does Hunter's Mark help with that, or it just ups the elemental damage?
Harski
Prowler
15 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Anyone farming Scolsgen with summoner barb ? Is it viable farmer there ?
Gelgsus
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Harski wrote:Anyone farming Scolsgen with summoner barb ? Is it viable farmer there ?

I've seen someone farming scogs with summoner barb, but he asked me to leave after chatting a little. He said 1 player game is much easier. lvl 137 with good setup, goetia, morwynthra, gladiator, toraia. Crafted belt/gloves/boots. Nebelrings, lament of archbishop.Probably had all the charms and some relics... So pretty expensive gear/full setup.
Edited by Gelgsus 1 year.
Dugma
Vampiress
35 | 3
Harski wrote:Anyone farming Scolsgen with summoner barb ? Is it viable farmer there ?

I am farming scosglen with my summoner, kinda slow but it gets the job done.

https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Barrarar

the only item i'd consider a must is toraja's, I got the goetia a couple of scosglen runs in and it helps with resumming less, a good tainted crafted chest is more than enough.