Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
philc wrote:Why no symbiosis?

Its max sorry this things sort of a work in progess.

theage900 wrote:Are there any specific ias breakpoints for owl? Or basic druid breakpoints? How much ias I need for fastest frames?

You get final frame just from the ferocity passive in the tree. Fhr is mentioned in the guide but you aim for 172 FHR now with end game gear.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I find the build increasingly fun to level with it, only thing a little annoying is how mana hungry it is
philc
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Some stuff for your guide :
-Mana problems during leveling, birdstorm is very mana intensive, must find a way to mitigate this, meditation + leech helps but not enough
-No need for indestructible jewel in an eth dagger because our wereowl ranged attacks don't consume durability. Make sure to not have left click on melee attack
-Emerald set is very good. The cc if provides with the revive birds is very good for many area where you need meat shields. The life on striking reduces potion spamming. Good resists and good stats overall. It provide alot of str that can be reinvested in dext. Overall it does not provide as much dps than crafted setup but it has strong cc that makes it very useful for farming in general.
sircakes_
Invader
9 | 0
philc wrote:Some stuff for your guide :
-Mana problems during leveling, birdstorm is very mana intensive, must find a way to mitigate this, meditation + leech helps but not enough
-No need for indestructible jewel in an eth dagger because our wereowl ranged attacks don't consume durability. Make sure to not have left click on melee attack
-Emerald set is very good. The cc if provides with the revive birds is very good for many area where you need meat shields. The life on striking reduces potion spamming. Good resists and good stats overall. It provide alot of str that can be reinvested in dext. Overall it does not provide as much dps than crafted setup but it has strong cc that makes it very useful for farming in general.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting that the owl attacks don't consume durability, I hope that is intentional.
WARBANDIT30
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Hi guys just found black razor, trying it out but mana is a real problem.
Any ideas how to go further with idea ?
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
WARBANDIT30 wrote:Hi guys just found black razor, trying it out but mana is a real problem.

Not the best weapon for owl, but if you want to use it you need other sources of physical dmg.

Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense

Ripstar
Ripstar
Ring

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 60
+0.5625 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+20 Life on Melee Attack
x2
Coldhunger
Coldhunger
Wolf Head (Sacred)

Defense: (1842 - 2082) to (1915 - 2165)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
4% Chance to cast level 40 Ice Lance on Striking
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
Adds 13-38 Damage
Adds 30-35 Cold Damage
(14 to 17)% Life stolen per Hit
-(29 to 35)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to Dexterity
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
Cold Resist +(30 to 50)%
Socketed (4)

Also don't forget to get all charms with mana leach max roll

A few words about my experience on owl druid. Ofc new owl form is rly cute :D, but ...
Don't recommend to start as owl druid. It's horrible boss killer.
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
WARBANDIT30 wrote:Hi guys just found black razor, trying it out but mana is a real problem.

last season i made a very good elem traprat, but then you have to focus fully on the elem side and it was very expensive. Ended up very strong, but tons of SU's used, far from SSF friendly. For leech just get a mixture of mana leech% and manaregen on gear
As for what i used
QT amulet for -30 all enemy res
Apeskull set helm for tri-ele dmg and 15% all pen
the petulant, i use it on both phys and elem rat (movespeed very good, and dr% stats% is pretty great too)
Bad mood rings if you can find/afford
You could use the new shield RW which gives all enemy pen per dex%

Lastly, you could have an easier time by putting 70 into hunter (get a good bear pet, other points are useless) and get that passives which will make all fire pierce apply to lightning cold. I think it's worth it, you get cold from reward skill and lightning from skills too, so most of your damage is cold/light. If you go this route you wont be needing the bad mood rings nor the QT amulet at all. The price to pay is a bit less aoe (10 pts no more into birdstorm), and less defense (less points into Barkskin, Symbiosis and Owlbear itselfl)
vektson
Prowler
18 | 0
First time player here so I just want thank you first of all for making this detailed guide. Been loving the build so far but I have some concerns. I have all the gear TU upgraded to 4 on the 1-100 guide part minus the rings, amulet and merc. I cannot beat Nightmare Baal but everything up till him was a joke. Even throwing my corpse at him I do like maybe 2-4% before I die if I'm lucky. My talent tree is done correctly and I've double checked my gear. Heck even have MO Hit recovery cap you mention done. Using the Storm Quill Runeword on Sacred Dirk and I'm level 105. What is going on here...? Is NM Baal overtuned?
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Merc is actually pretty key against Baal, you need him as distraction. After gearing up merc NM baal was prett easy

In hell though, the char just seems bad at almost everything. I am really contemplating farming crystals and rerolling to caster druid, even creature of flame is a chore and Tal rasha gave ma carpal tunnel with how long it took
msendor
Fallen
1 | 0
Character is definitely capable in hell, just feels quite gear reliant. As I get pieces of gear, my ability to deal with monsters in lvl 130 areas becomes substantially easier. Also curious to use some bellas and test out an egg trap focused build. I have been flying through Bremmtown runs while using plunderbird + undead crown combo and have been messing around with rotation here and there and it seems even with my 1 base point in egg trap and build that has no lightning res pierce, it does a great job of penetrating through mobs and clearing density better than Earth Talons or Quill Storm, though it is range limited.