Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
roeya wrote:but i don't understand my toon with early gear cast slow with qullstorm i have 137 IAS on lvl 26 with dagger i need cast speed ?

Rat morph using only attack animation so all is about IAS and it's ok to have terrible speed - fatest is 13 fpa (2 "casts" per second).
ImmortalPhoenix
Vampiress
37 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thank you so much for this build guide! I've been following it for a while now and have a level 144 trap rat on the current ladder (#27 atm)
https://tsw.median-xl.com/ladder
Gear and build: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Reventon

At this point I feel like I've pushed this build to it's potential--got all charms most of them trophied (I bought many of the harder charms with tg because they're very difficult to do as a trap rat, and I have no inclination to re-spec into bear and get bear gear again (not a fan of the bear personally...bring back the Treewarden! haha). So yeah, this is best as a farming build or a labbing one.

For farming I use: undead crown, plunderbird, auriel's robe, lightforge, adrenaline rush, elemental band (amazing crowd control), Knight's Grace, Beads of the Snake Queen, and Lilith's Temptation.

For labbing I use: Henchmen set, eth Shark Xis RW blade, shield of hakan II, dyer's eve (10% phys res), and 2x Giant's Knuckles. All my gear has been UMO'd with Essence of Itherael (armor pieces, shield) and Marksmans Eye UMO's (blade).

The numbers speak for themselves:

Regardless of what setup I'm in, for stats I just put everything into dex. I still use Pagan Rites because it's quite helpful and even though some labstones say they don't spawn corpses they still do (I've used Pagan Rites in places without visible corpses and sometimes it'll still go through).

This is an excellent farming character, and very easy to play (hold down mouse click, hold down shift to lay quills, let go of shift to move, press shift again to lay down more quills, rinse and repeat). In labs 12+ you'll want to keep your distance from mobs and use Thorn Wall over quill storm--preferably with a melee character friend helping you (or a powerful merc/other crowd control source if you're on sp).
EDIT: Elvensong is great for crowd control. We need to put in 26 points into it anyways (for the 20% avoid bonus to symbiosis) and although her crowd control abilities don't work in higher labs, she's still quite tanky at about 61k health--she's great for kiting enemies, too.

LMK if you guys have any questions. I saw in previous posts someone asked for a video? LMK if you still want it and I'll see what I can do!
Edited by ImmortalPhoenix 3 years.
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
ImmortalPhoenix it isnt Lightforge , cant see exactly :cry:
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
shrimp wrote:ImmortalPhoenix it isnt Lightforge , cant see exactly :cry:

Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Required Dexterity: 619
Item Level: 105
1% Base Block Chance
-25% Cast Speed
-50% to Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by 25%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
ImmortalPhoenix
Vampiress
37 | 4
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ventrell: what kind of video would you want to see? general farming? labbing?

shrimp: I'm in labbing gear rn so I'm using Shield of Hakan II. Lightforge is in my stash along with the rest of my farming gear.

Scalewinged: thanks for your post! :D
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ImmortalPhoenix wrote:Thank you so much for this build guide! I've been following it for a while now and have a level 144 trap rat on the current ladder (#27 atm)

Glad it helped you man

Small 1.6 update
ImmortalPhoenix
Vampiress
37 | 4
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rusty wrote:
ImmortalPhoenix wrote:Thank you so much for this build guide! I've been following it for a while now and have a level 144 trap rat on the current ladder (#27 atm)

Glad it helped you man

Small 1.6 update

Thank you for putting it together, Rusty!

1.6 hasn't presented any major changes to the trap rat so he's still got a lot of potential in the new patch...if anything he's slightly better thanks to the small buffs to Quill Storm and Thorn Wall. The new Relics will add a whole new layer of insanity and customization; rusty's already mentioned a few in his 1.6 update in the original post like Rapture and Bear Stance.

Perhaps a few summoning relics with auras could help too, like the Blood Skeleton summon with +5 to his Grim Vision Aura, Champions of the Sun are great summons to have in high labs (for the max elemental res), the Euphoria Relic would be great for an elemental trap rat--the Skeletal Flayer Relic would eliminate the need to have a Khazra Plate on your merc (which I highly suggest you do on act 2 shapeshifter or act 5 merc--the demon blood aura adds +20% max life). Having to keep these summons up could be a pain, though, so probably better to invest in Relics with buffs and save the summoning ones as fun experiments or an afterthought...
funfrock
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
It seems like the change to acid fiends in 1.6 might be significant. Adding one point means we only get one minion, but they are now much tankier. Is it worth investing a couple of points there?
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Maybe if you fully commit to + minion stat items. I've tried it ith 20k+ life acid beasts and they still die all the time.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Pinball wrote:
Magisch wrote:
Pinball wrote:Well you dont need to sacrifice your mf. I have 380% mf and still 45% DS.

Fauzt p8 is easy but it's frustrating cuz Trap Rat shitty FHR and its not worth farming for me. If I want to farm fauzt then just reset to Wolf for cakewalk.

Can you showcase your gear please?

XisXisXis Eth Plunderbird.
Undead Crown with 4x Crystal of Tears UMO.
Tainted Shrine Crafted on Light Plate (aim for more than 170% minion damage and %mf)
Tainted Shrine Crafted on Light Plate (aim for more than 110% minion damage and 2%block chance or 1% block chance with %PR)
Rogue Foresight
Lilith's Temptation
Wind Runner Boots
Beads Queen with 4x Marksman's Eye UMO
Giant Knucle
Arush with 4x Marksman's Eye UMO

Because of Plunderbird + Undead Crown carries your damage so other item slots are just for minion damage and dex, %PR. If you want 100% UA then switch armor to SOTS and Deadfall TU belt. MO for %UA. I've tested 100% UA in p8 fauzt but not much faster, just less frustrating.

How do you achieve 3700% EWD? I did what you said, except for marksman's eye UMo, I only had 660% EWD