Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
Whats the max block we can get on Owlform?
exposito10
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey im currently looking to play this build on SP. I got all items but Dementia belt for the ultimate lab setup, what would be a good alternative before i get this?.
What is the realistic level this build can get to in lab? and can this do Sam at some point?
syruplord
Imp
4 | 0
1-5 Steel Wings ( add more points if you have enough dex to reach the block breakpoints. )

Are there any guides that explain this mechanic / what dex I need to reach?
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
syruplord wrote:
1-5 Steel Wings ( add more points if you have enough dex to reach the block breakpoints. )

Are there any guides that explain this mechanic / what dex I need to reach?

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/concepts/defense
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
juicysamurai wrote:I see alot of people say it's on the weak side is it true ,I kinda want to make an wereowl but I don't want to make something that I cant clear content with

It is very gear dependent. Right now, I'm stuck on Akarat because I can't do enough damage to take him below 25% (I can take down regular mobs with little or no trouble).
markaragnossith
Skeleton
3 | 0
Bimbobaggins wrote:...
It is very gear dependent. Right now, I'm stuck on Akarat because I can't do enough damage to take him below 25% (I can take down regular mobs with little or no trouble).

I had exactly the same problem with Akarat until I switched from Clawscratch (TU Blade) to a Sacred Storm Quill (Dagger runeword). That upped my damage considerably and I was able to maneuver Akarat in such a way that I could kill him. Farming for the rune/sacred gear is pretty easy in this build. I found I could reliably farm Tran Athula, K3K, and High Heavens, even if killing some bosses was slow, thanks to the power of crushing blow.

I also swapped from a Ranger to an Exemplar merc which seemed to really help, although sometimes it seems like my merc is killing everything and I'm just along for the ride
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
markaragnossith wrote:
Farming for the rune/sacred gear is pretty easy in this build. I found I could reliably farm Tran Athula, K3K, and High Heavens, even if killing some bosses was slow, thanks to the power of crushing blow.

I also swapped from a Ranger to an Exemplar merc which seemed to really help, although sometimes it seems like my merc is killing everything and I'm just along for the ride

I finally took down Akarat. Seems like you have to know which abilities are going to be more useful with taking down bosses because I can see Bird Storm not be very effective against Azmodan (unless that fight changed). Meanwhile, Akarat is just going to regenerate his health if you just rely on talons (unless I'm doing something very wrong). My current weapon is a crafted sacred blade that was lucky to get a bonus from luck oils and shrine crafting. There are some new bosses I need to learn like the 110 plague boss in A3 and the invasion gimmicks. K3K was super easy as long as you don't pull too much (Tran Ahtua wasn't bad either, just pay attention to arrows coming out of corpses lol).

Is it even worth getting a merc at 120+? I still haven't bothered with them, and I'm at level 117.
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can owl farm scosglen fast?
I try to use phys gear with
King's Blood

King's Blood
Daggers
Except Throwing Knives

'VezLo'
Runeword Level: 115
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+167 to Minimum Damage
(32 to 42)% Life stolen per Hit
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(61 to 80) to all Attributes
Maximum Block Chance +5%
+7% to Experience Gained
+3 to Light Radius
dagger. My owl is almost unkillable in scosglen, but dmg is too low.
https://median-xl.com/char/cuteowl

Will it make a big difference if i try
Plunderbird
Plunderbird
Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 120 to (401 - 526)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 488
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
-6% Weapon Physical Damage per 1% Crushing Blow
30% Movement Speed
+(275 to 400) to Maximum Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Maximum Life +(2 to 5)%
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
+
Undead Crown
Undead Crown
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
12% of Minion Damage Increases Added as Deadly Strike
40% of Minion Life Increases Added as Bonus to Defense
Deal No Crushing Blows
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
50% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
, or maybe elemental build is better?
I'm wondering what amount of IAS owl should reach, looks like you haven't mentioned about it....
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
theage900 wrote:i tried the owl from ladder start.. but i give up on it at lvl135 :salut: for me its not great for farming and not great single target too :/

It varies on single targets. I was able to kill Zagraal (He'll walk into eggs that hurt him), but I'm struggling with Bartuc, Judgement Day, Quov Tsin (might be a resistance issue on my end. What do you need to beat him again? It's been a while), and Veiled Prophet. I'm going to dread Kingdom of Shadow, and I haven't tried Duncraig yet.