Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
ImmortalPhoenix
Vampiress
37 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
WORK IN PROGRESS

Patch 1.7 changes I've noticed (thus far):

The trap rat is still viable. The new changes to damage, enemy health, and the Druid rework have done it some good.

For one, the skills have changed and moved around. At 119 thus far my skills look (and will likely be) like this:

Trap Rat tree:
► Show Spoiler

Seer tree:
► Show Spoiler

Reward tree:
► Show Spoiler

As for gearing, I have yet to get to endgame stage gearing, however here's what I've done thus far and plan on for gearing in the future:

Stage 1 (level 1-100)
► Show Spoiler

Stage 2 (level 100-120)
► Show Spoiler

Stage 3 (level 120+; endgame; farming; future setup)
► Show Spoiler
Edited by ImmortalPhoenix 3 years.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ImmortalPhoenix wrote:8pts currently, will likely be 0 in the future once I can get Edyrems. Or I may keep it at 8 points for the 5 max summons. The harvesters don't deal much damage however their aura gives us +30% attack and movement speed. Speed and damage are important for the trap rat.

You can't summon edyrems outside of Toraja anymore, if you were thinking about using them as meat shields.
BagboyBrown
Acid Prince
45 | 0
"Despite the nerf on Plunderbird (used to be -10% now it's -6%) the Undead Crown/Plunderbird combo remains the most lethal/BiS options."

This is actually a buff. -6% EWD per 1% CB > -10% EWD per 1% CB. Unless there's some reason someone might actually prefer less weapon damage, but I can't imagine it.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
BagboyBrown wrote:"Despite the nerf on Plunderbird (used to be -10% now it's -6%) the Undead Crown/Plunderbird combo remains the most lethal/BiS options."

This is actually a buff. -6% EWD per 1% CB > -10% EWD per 1% CB. Unless there's some reason someone might actually prefer less weapon damage, but I can't imagine it.

Because everything was halved, including EWD. So if it was in line, it would be -5% EWD to be comparable to the -10%, so you lose 20% more EWD than previously.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeahsper wrote:
BagboyBrown wrote:"Despite the nerf on Plunderbird (used to be -10% now it's -6%) the Undead Crown/Plunderbird combo remains the most lethal/BiS options."

Because everything was halved, including EWD. So if it was in line, it would be -5% EWD to be comparable to the -10%, so you lose 20% more EWD than previously.

From what i'm seeing - overall EWD were lowered not by exactly half but by 40%. For example previously
The War Cloak
The War Cloak
Quilted Armor (4)

Defense: (28 - 30) to (59 - 64)
Required Level: 1
Required Strength: 10
Item Level: 1
Adds 5-9 Damage
2% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(7 to 15)%
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (2)
Defense: (149 - 161) to (224 - 241)
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 50
Item Level: 31
Adds 10-14 Damage
3% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(16 to 30)%
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+40 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (4)
Defense: (403 - 430) to (572 - 610)
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 175
Item Level: 51
Adds 15-18 Damage
4% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(31 to 45)%
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+60 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (5)
Defense: (595 - 632) to (834 - 887)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength: 350
Item Level: 77
Adds 20-25 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(46 to 60)%
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+80 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (6)
had 100% EWD max and 60% now (same goes for any other EWD sources). Also rat passive EWD were buffed too (7% before must be 4% now but it's 5% instead). So 10% to 6% means that actually it remain unchanged.
Keter
Sasquatch
69 | 3
Cant kill karabxis etc at 126lv. Need some advice

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Drogodrun

(Spiked shield cant find rare for craft),
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Keter wrote:Cant kill karabxis etc at 126lv. Need some advice

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Drogodrun

(Spiked shield cant find rare for craft),

Your gear could probably be optimized but I'm pretty sure your problem is execution and not numbers. The only number problem i noticed, is that your block rate is kinda low but that is probably not really relevant for Kab. I suggest you either elaborate on what you think is wrong or specifically try to look through videos of Kab kills to get a more nuanced idea about how people do him. He can be an annoying boss, especially with shit gear but you should have the damage for a somewhat moderately fast kill.

Edit: Ohhh yea, mandatory mention of eating 400 signets. Alternatively, try to raise max poison and fire resistances.
Keter
Sasquatch
69 | 3
Cheno wrote:

Your gear could probably be optimized but I'm pretty sure your problem is execution and not numbers. The only number problem i noticed, is that your block rate is kinda low but that is probably not really relevant for Kab. I suggest you either elaborate on what you think is wrong or specifically try to look through videos of Kab kills to get a more nuanced idea about how people do him. He can be an annoying boss, especially with shit gear but you should have the damage for a somewhat moderately fast kill.

Edit: Ohhh yea, mandatory mention of eating 400 signets. Alternatively, try to raise max poison and fire resistances.

1. I feel that my dmg low
2. trap rat can stop doing any under attack. Very low fhr animation (or i dnt known what it). I up to 90, but problem here
3. I cant find video with trap rat and bosses.
4. LOL. This guy cant farm nih for sigs - hi dyed BECAUSE ONLY 4 target and cant rush like bear/pal etc.

It's not just karabxis - any boss, who can move fast seems me impossible with VERY LOW traprat atack animation and machanic/ at current lv.
ImmortalPhoenix
Vampiress
37 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeahsper: "You can't summon edyrems outside of Toraja anymore, if you were thinking about using them as meat shields."

Thank you for pointing this out. I will then likely stick to +8 to harvesters and make edits in my post accordingly.

Bagboybrown: "This is actually a buff. -6% EWD per 1% CB > -10% EWD per 1% CB. Unless there's some reason someone might actually prefer less weapon damage, but I can't imagine it."

Great observation; -6% is > -10% so what you're saying makes perfect sense.
When combined with Undead Crown, we deal no Crushing Blows and CB becomes inverted which also means the EWD inverts. The -6% (or -10%) EWD now effectively become +6% (or +10%) EWD.

Keter: "Cant kill karabxis etc at 126lv. Need some advice"

The trick is to keep moving in circles and laying down quills as you move along, keeping Faerie Fire up at all times to deal him more damage as he follows you. Get him to follow you...instead of the other way around. You can also try increasing max fire and poison resists, and get your 400 signets in as Cheno suggested above. Keep in mind he now only "soulsteals" (regens a % of his max life) when he kills you but not your minions. Use them (Harvesters and/or Elvensong) if you feel they'll help...

Another thing that will help is +% to Slow Target...a summoner necro using Veil King(s) can easily kill Kabraxis thanks to the high slow percentage Veil King(s) have. Alternatively, you can respec into a werebear (which has an innate 50% slow target), good amount of life leech, and Rend him to his death.

rusty, the OP of this thread, has a video playlist of the bosses here from several patches ago. They may help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lwFcq2 ... hh_tYG8a1D

btw: I have an extra craftable spiked shield laying around. It's yours if you want it, /w *ImmortalPhoenix or hit me up on discord (ImmortalPhoenix#3119) and I'll hook you up.
Edited by ImmortalPhoenix 3 years.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Keter wrote:
Cheno wrote:

1. I feel that my dmg low
2. trap rat can stop doing any under attack. Very low fhr animation (or i dnt known what it). I up to 90, but problem here
3. I cant find video with trap rat and bosses.
4. LOL. This guy cant farm nih for sigs - hi dyed BECAUSE ONLY 4 target and cant rush like bear/pal etc.

It's not just karabxis - any boss, who can move fast seems me impossible with VERY LOW traprat atack animation and machanic/ at current lv.

1: Maybe it is, you have several SUs that would normally be beyond midgame items but I didn't go through every single item to see if you can squeeze out 1% more damage. Plenty of builds can do Kab with worse gear than what you have.

2: You have the same fpa (6) as my unholy caster but Kabraxis is very punishing if done incorrectly.
3: Honestly any kill video except summoner/turret, will give pointers as to what to do. 1: Stay out of whirlpool (swirling thing), 2: don't run too far away or he will jump on you, 3: keep moving to dodge balefire and the poison flamestrike, 4: Only do as many attacks as you think you can get away with before moving again, probably no more than 3-4 attacks or balefire will hit you.

This guy plays every season, without being a super tryhard. I know this specific kill is with a turret build but you can go back through his previous characters and find something that is more close to trap rat.

4: You're most likely doing something wrong if Nihlathak is giving you serious issues but what do I know.