Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Bimbobaggins wrote:
theage900 wrote:i tried the owl from ladder start.. but i give up on it at lvl135 :salut: for me its not great for farming and not great single target too :/

It varies on single targets. I was able to kill Zagraal (He'll walk into eggs that hurt him), but I'm struggling with Bartuc, Judgement Day, Quov Tsin (might be a resistance issue on my end. What do you need to beat him again? It's been a while), and Veiled Prophet. I'm going to dread Kingdom of Shadow, and I haven't tried Duncraig yet.

I can farm scolsgen now, elemental build, but not efficient... only 5 targets, and too small earth claw area makes it weak against moving targets, while attack speed is too slow makes it even worse. If the Egg skill was casted at the mouse over position it would be very nice but it is not .... anyway I think this build is playable but not powerful at all.
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I give up on this build because nothing at 120+ is really fun to do (I can do Tenzage and Duncraig, but bosses and even minibosses are almost impossible after the 115 tier spare a few). You really need the plunderbird and crown combo to be efficient, and good luck getting those from farming.
Candraedra
Skeleton
3 | 0
I'd like to clarify behavior of
Undead Crown
Undead Crown
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
12% of Minion Damage Increases Added as Deadly Strike
40% of Minion Life Increases Added as Bonus to Defense
Deal No Crushing Blows
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
50% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
. it subtracts about 64 from your %cb, the way this guide was written I thought it multiplied cb by -1. DO NOT MO your
Plunderbird
Plunderbird
Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 120 to (401 - 526)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 488
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
-6% Weapon Physical Damage per 1% Crushing Blow
30% Movement Speed
+(275 to 400) to Maximum Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Maximum Life +(2 to 5)%
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
with cb like I did. Also for the
Undead Crown
Undead Crown
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 675
12% of Minion Damage Increases Added as Deadly Strike
40% of Minion Life Increases Added as Bonus to Defense
Deal No Crushing Blows
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
50% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
+
Plunderbird
Plunderbird
Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 120 to (401 - 526)
(Druid Only)
Required Dexterity: 488
Item Level: 105
-6% Weapon Physical Damage per 1% Crushing Blow
30% Movement Speed
+(275 to 400) to Maximum Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Maximum Life +(2 to 5)%
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
setup you may want to have as few points in owlbeast as possible if you're looking for extra damage (though the added defense may save you some hit recovery animations, don't forget the defense bonus is additive with barkskin).
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I tried a bit of owlbeast but it seems there isn't a single stage in the game where this gets fun. Leveling is a pain (level with a different build is my advice), midgame is slow, some ubers are easy with this, endgame isn't really doable. I like the idea of it, but hope this one gets some much deserved love, or, gets replaced with something else that works nicely and is more fun. I miss playing traprat, it was one of my favorite farming builds like six years ago. Although it being a bit cheesy, it was lots of fun to play.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Muilpeer wrote:I tried a bit of owlbeast but it seems there isn't a single stage in the game where this gets fun. Leveling is a pain (level with a different build is my advice), midgame is slow, some ubers are easy with this, endgame isn't really doable. I like the idea of it, but hope this one gets some much deserved love, or, gets replaced with something else that works nicely and is more fun. I miss playing traprat, it was one of my favorite farming builds like six years ago. Although it being a bit cheesy, it was lots of fun to play.

Black Razor
Black Razor
Kriss (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (93 - 117) to (96 - 120)
Required Dexterity: 454
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
4% Chance to cast level 13 Claw Tornado on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(2 to 3) to Druid Skill Levels
-(5 to 10)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 10)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
-(5 to 10)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Socketed (3)
is a less sad than physical damage is nowadays, but it's definitely a rough time trying to get there. I definitely agree that the build needs more attention. Too much labbing when folks first found the Plunderbird/Undead Crown interaction (that was quadruple digit EWD at the time before getting capped) and the build never really recovered from the nerfs.
Saibo
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Unfortunately, the druid is now very weak in all of his forms. It seems to me that he as a character needs to be completely reworked. Against the background of the same paladin (who also has a form), but has crazy synergy and works with all weapons. I think the paladin should be significantly weakened or strengthened by other characters. (although this is for another section)
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Saibo wrote:Unfortunately, the druid is now very weak in all of his forms. It seems to me that he as a character needs to be completely reworked. Against the background of the same paladin (who also has a form), but has crazy synergy and works with all weapons. I think the paladin should be significantly weakened or strengthened by other characters. (although this is for another section)

Bear can handle 125+ content, but needs his best stuff to handle Samael, Deimos, and labs. Wolf is supposed to be decent, but it's not easy when you're starting from scratch. Owl is just terrible no matter how you try to build it because it needs SUs that aren't easy to come by, and his kit is all over the place. To add insult to injury, points on certain skills don't feel like upgrades at all. You're better off with Bow, Bear, or Seer because Fire Druids can handle a lot of content if you're still stuck with some T4s.

I wouldn't nerf other classes to help Druid, but instead fix some of the Druid trees. Owl needs the most attention like giving it decent synergies, and making points matter if you invest in any of the Owl's tools. Harvesters either need buffs, or be removed (maybe move them to Bow Druid? I dunno). I hope Druid gets some attention in the next season. The Druid sets could use some buffs.
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Bimbobaggins wrote:
Saibo wrote:Unfortunately, the druid is now very weak in all of his forms. It seems to me that he as a character needs to be completely reworked. Against the background of the same paladin (who also has a form), but has crazy synergy and works with all weapons. I think the paladin should be significantly weakened or strengthened by other characters. (although this is for another section)

Bear can handle 125+ content, but needs his best stuff to handle Samael, Deimos, and labs. Wolf is supposed to be decent, but it's not easy when you're starting from scratch. Owl is just terrible no matter how you try to build it because it needs SUs that aren't easy to come by, and his kit is all over the place. To add insult to injury, points on certain skills don't feel like upgrades at all. You're better off with Bow, Bear, or Seer because Fire Druids can handle a lot of content if you're still stuck with some T4s.

I wouldn't nerf other classes to help Druid, but instead fix some of the Druid trees. Owl needs the most attention like giving it decent synergies, and making points matter if you invest in any of the Owl's tools. Harvesters either need buffs, or be removed (maybe move them to Bow Druid? I dunno). I hope Druid gets some attention in the next season. The Druid sets could use some buffs.

I think main owl problem is limitation to only one weapon type, which is one of the lowest damage weapon in the game and there are not many choice in daggers that can work lategame. If you add the worst attack speed break points in game to that(WereOwl can reach only 9 i think, a complete joke) you get non viable build.Javazon had same problem last season so she got attack break point improvement and damage buff, dont see why it could not be done same with druid. Improve speed and dagger dmg/add more dagger class weapons in arsenal.
Saibo
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
CaoBao wrote:
Bimbobaggins wrote:

I think main owl problem is limitation to only one weapon type, which is one of the lowest damage weapon in the game and there are not many choice in daggers that can work lategame. If you add the worst attack speed break points in game to that(WereOwl can reach only 9 i think, a complete joke) you get non viable build.Javazon had same problem last season so she got attack break point improvement and damage buff, dont see why it could not be done same with druid. Improve speed and dagger dmg/add more dagger class weapons in arsenal.

I like the caster druid more, though in this branch after the last patches he lost a lot of synergies, and what they added looks extremely weak and not viable above 125+
PrezesPiEl
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Strixclaw
Strixclaw
Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (208 - 220) to (264 - 276)
Required Level: 120
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 125
-100% to Enemy Lightning Resistance (Requires 100% Crushing Blow)
8% Chance to cast level 50 Egg Trap on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 50 Egg Trap when Struck
Adds 100-150 Damage
Adds 2000-3000 Lightning Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Ranged Egg Trap
Requirements +500%
Socketed (3)
is good for elemental build owlbeast?