Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Intro

Pros

Chill playstyle
    Super tanky
    Can do most ubers
    Decent p1 farmer
    Druid has many viable builds

Cons

Gear transition phases can feel a little rough
    No movement speed passive.. Slug owl early on 8-)
    Not the highest damage in the game

Patch 2.4 Major Update Info
► Show Spoiler

Early-Game

Lvl 1-100
► Show Spoiler

Mid-Game

100-120
► Show Spoiler

Late-Game

120-140
► Show Spoiler

End-Game Gear Setups
141-150
► Show Spoiler

Credits
► Show Spoiler

WIP
Edited by rusty 1 year.
DJPaxo
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
First :D
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
noob question: once you changed weapon, will you remain on koth? Or once you switched and the buff applied, switching back
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
"Decent p1 farmer (great to excellent p8 farmer)" and how exactly is he better in p8 than in p1 ? isn't it the other way around ? i suppose that having around 7 barbs ,each of them using 7 different stances to boost the rat build are out of discussion as it would be irelevant to provide any feedback based on that
Barskebaard
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:"Decent p1 farmer (great to excellent p8 farmer)" and how exactly is he better in p8 than in p1 ? isn't it the other way around ? i suppose that having around 7 barbs ,each of them using 7 different stances to boost the rat build are out of discussion as it would be irelevant to provide any feedback based on that

Probably because of how quill storm functions? It does quite alot of damage but targets only 1 mob.
Another thing is the survivability, even with only 50% block and 450k def i could tank fauzt quite easily with many people in the game (as elemental rat)

Few things i would like to add playing as a elemental rat:

I recommend Gelebs greed as a solid option for gloves, does not require a shit ton of str and has -enemy fire res, more phys% res and +1 all skills.

For amu i have been experimenting with +1 quov amu and for bosses its probably the best choice, but for farming purposes im using +3 black dwarf, (as you said our fhr and fcr feels shitty so this makes it a bit easier to hit breakpoints) and the spell damage does make our procs more powerful if i remember correctly.

As for weapon im sure Triune is by far the superior choice for bosses as ele, but for farming i doubt it outperforms black razor as you dont really need the extra phys damage to sustain your life.

Nice guide thanks for sharing :)
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Sorry for stupid question, dru rat is alive after cb fix?
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Barskebaard wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:"Decent p1 farmer (great to excellent p8 farmer)" and how exactly is he better in p8 than in p1 ? isn't it the other way around ? i suppose that having around 7 barbs ,each of them using 7 different stances to boost the rat build are out of discussion as it would be irelevant to provide any feedback based on that

Probably because of how quill storm functions? It does quite alot of damage but targets only 1 mob.
Another thing is the survivability, even with only 50% block and 450k def i could tank fauzt quite easily with many people in the game (as elemental rat)
I recommend Gelebs greed as a solid option for gloves, does not require a shit ton of str and has -enemy fire res, more phys% res and +1 all skills.

For amu i have been experimenting with +1 quov amu and for bosses its probably the best choice, but for farming purposes im using +3 black dwarf, (as you said our fhr and fcr feels shitty so this makes it a bit easier to hit breakpoints) and the spell damage does make our procs more powerful if i remember correctly.

As for weapon im sure Triune is by far the superior choice for bosses as ele, but for farming i doubt it outperforms black razor as you dont really need the extra phys damage to sustain your life.

Nice guide thanks for sharing :)

Yes the survivability is the main thing I would say that makes it a great p8 farmer. The tankyness is not a really a factor in p1 because you one shot everything. The physical damage also overkills in players 1 so your not really getting the most out of your full DPS. In general the build is not super fast so if you can make up for speed with difficulty for more loot, its beneficial.

Added gloves and black dwarf ty for feedback 8-)

PindlskinVova wrote:Sorry for stupid question, dru rat is alive after cb fix?

Yes very much so after the thorn wall buff id say. It has great single target for killing ubers and still the same potential in trash clearing.

zeitzi wrote:noob question: once you changed weapon, will you remain on koth? Or once you switched and the buff applied, switching back

Switch back to dagger after you gain buff. You cant cast trap rat skills without a dagger.
Edited by rusty 5 years.
lauroson
Invader
8 | 0
Short, simple and fun to play. Went through normal as a tree then respec'd to rat for nightmare. It's smooth and fast. Really looking forward to doing some ubers.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Thorn Wall is a killer now, great against immobile targets. If you can hit a group of enemies with this skill, it proc "on striking" like crazy.

Trap Rat is a ranger, but unlike some other glass cannon builds, he has tons of life, defense and block... and avoid too. One of the best builds for new player.
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tranvanhieu wrote:Thorn Wall is a killer now, great against immobile targets. If you can hit a group of enemies with this skill, it proc "on striking" like crazy.

Trap Rat is a ranger, but unlike some other glass cannon builds, he has tons of life, defense and block... and avoid too. One of the best builds for new player.

Agreed the avoid really pushes the tankyness over the top.