The Tantrumdin

Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
GregMXL wrote:
GregMXL wrote:
Jaxon wrote:not sure if i just didnt see it. i would like to ask why klaatu is the best option for endgame gear? how does the "stun attack" on it work? dont know if i should switch my 4 to skills amu with 25 spelldmg (37lightning) and -27 fire,-15light resist vs klaatu (which i just found, yey!). any advices?

Mentioned here by SB about how awesome Klaatu is:
suchbalance wrote:The flat elemental damage, skills and resists are good as always. The main benefit of this amulet is the Hive buff, which adds 25% of our base Vitality to Energy (around 240 free stat points in energy on my paladin) boosting the damage of our spell procs and also shoots poison clouds at nearby enemies which deal ~30k poison dps. This synergises nicely with Tantrum as we already have to get close to enemies anyway. Just do not forget to add it to your prebuff routine for the extra duration.

thanks. somehow skipped that, my bad :)
Expanse
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
gotta be the most detaild guide i ever read for any game i played and hell those where alot.
well done
rly nice to read, covers everything simple ctrl+f and i found all answers i needed
i highly appreciate the time and effort u took to make that!

playing as holy caster atm, and trying to do the most caster ubers before
still wanting to play tantrum din, so iam crafting a bow atm and preparing lil while reading the guide

thx
hahaboy718
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey all. Need some help/feedback with my tantrumdin. I have some midgame gear/early gear and trying to progress on ubers. I can farm k3k, duncraig if i get lucky and dont get instagibbed (havent killed assur yet) and fautzville blows me up super fast. I feel like i have decent gear but am just so squishy. Where can i make improvements, outside of the obvious like getting krys runeword (working on that but farming is super hard) I've eaten maybe 50 or so signets. rings are shit, getting new ones soon hopefully. some space on items for MOs, need TCD maybe(?) since my resist pierce is capped. As far as mechanics go, im fairly decent, i know how tantrumdin works, kite with tantrum, dont stand in same place for too long, blink to ranged mobs. Only my vanity charm is upgraded. Staff/runeflesh to buff
deathshower
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
You'd be better off socketing Jah in your high armor pieces, after MOing them to max def, than to stack resists the way you're doing. Also, get started on crafting some %vit jewels like stated in the guide. From the looks of it you shouldn't be having tooo much trouble in Duncraig... try to make it your goal to never tank any hits. That way when you do get hit it's easier to manage. Maybe reevaluate the way you are kiting. But definitely pump that defense and life up more, while easing up on the resists.
hahaboy718
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
deathshower wrote:You'd be better off socketing Jah in your high armor pieces, after MOing them to max def, than to stack resists the way you're doing. Also, get started on crafting some %vit jewels like stated in the guide. From the looks of it you shouldn't be having tooo much trouble in Duncraig... try to make it your goal to never tank any hits. That way when you do get hit it's easier to manage. Maybe reevaluate the way you are kiting. But definitely pump that defense and life up more, while easing up on the resists.

Ah even in the TU? I think thats where i messed up. So 80ish all resist is fine then for this build?
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
hahaboy718 wrote:...

Hello. Probably you can temporary change yout Jitan's Kamon to "Kra" RW. It has 19k+ def instead of 4k in Jitan's. It must realy increase total def. For example:

In my case total def incresed from 80 k to 200 k
Try to make jevels with FCR, FHR, IAS, and res (cold is good for your stats imho)
gl ;)
hahaboy718
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i have 200k def right now with kamon, is it worth giving up the offensive to gain that much armor?
deathshower
Stone Warrior
33 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Experiment, choose the result you prefer. It's all about what works for you.
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How does Akarat's Trek work with a Tantrumdin? Any good?
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Mehasto wrote:How does Akarat's Trek work with a Tantrumdin? Any good?

I don't see why not. They're not bad but I'd prefer to go with the Nephalim runeword for boots if you've got nothing else to work with.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.