The Tantrumdin

dokidoki
Skeleton
3 | 0
Ok well I am glad you guys told me this about the magic find, I never really knew what items were considered "magic" even in vanilla. However I might keep it on anyways so maybe I can get the sacred unique greaves and gauntlets I'm supposed to get, which I have not yet found.

Anyways I have the early game set except I have a fairly good crafted bow, 27+ to Tantrum before skill bonuses (no procs though), and I have the Krys helm and Hanabagimi. I must be slow on the sewers because I just suck, I'm not really surprised, but if I start charging into a big pack of those elemental goons I usually get killed and the repair costs on this helm are killing me (I flipped my LID when I saw the helm costed 500k gold to repair 5 durability points.)
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The proc is the second most important part of the weapon. Without it your damage will be significantly lower. Really it is worth it to do a few Fauzt clears in Terror and roll something decent before you proceed. This can be a long process if you are unlucky, but at least farming shrines is fairly easy and even a bow with a Time Strike proc will be good for a long time. Considering how cheap the early game equipment is (apart from the bow which only takes some patience) and how powerful the character is with it, I'd say it's worth the trade off.

Also to avoid repair costs you can always roll the "Indestructible" affix on one of your jewels.
dokidoki
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thanks for the Indestructible tip I will unsocket my glass helm now. I really farmed Fauzt for two days straight and was having horrible rolls with the shrines. Must have gotten at least 80 shrines all together and tantrum only came up three times, never with a proc. With the helm the damage is so unbelievably high I think I will be ok for the short term but I do save shrines I find to keep rolling on another bow for the proc. I can't farm Fauztinville as fast as you guys and its so tedious I just thought I'd take the tantrum only for the short term especially since it was better than my tier 6 amok anywho.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just keep trying to roll the stats for your bow. I barely got the required stats on my bow (low damage, but got decent flat fire damage bonus) after 100+ tries on different shrines combined and plan on rolling a second one, letting my pal use the first one for now.
GTD
Azure Drake
161 | 1
for laz setup
is that a ssssu crown shield ? kinda impossible to get
do u got something else to use ? im rolling my laz setup atm
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
No that's is a shield rw with 4 Poison Runes.
GTD
Azure Drake
161 | 1
Pinball wrote:No that's is a shield rw with 4 Poison Runes.

ok ty man ^^
blytsz
Destroyer
7 | 1
Another incredible guide! Thank-you very much!

Quick question r/t tainted blood. Am I supposed to be casting that over and over for the heal? Or just as a pre-buff?

Thank-you again and all the best!
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The heal works for the entire duration of the buff. So just pre-buff; and recast whenever it expires obviously.
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
Man, I am having zero luck getting knife/arrow with tantrum on the craft rolling. I've got a few seriously incredible rolls (up to 1800 max damage!!) on them, but in probably a thousand rolls I can't seem to get that combination. Which shrines are you using? I do weird and creepy because I figure whichever gives me what I want I can then bless it with the other.