Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I don't use mercs, so you won't see them mentioned in my guides. Thus I don't have any recommendations to give on the matter.
Shiki
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
Why do you aim for -100% enemy resists?

Instead of -199% (or like even like 140)

As im sure you know, resists before immunities range from 0-99, so anything in between, 1 and 99 wont cap out their -resists.

May I ask why you choose to aim for 100?
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Are you talking about heroic bosses? Yes -100 enemy res on gear doesn't get them to the -100 resistance cap every time they drop an immunity. But this is not necessary for this character, we deal enough damage already. Minus enemy resistances has diminishing returns. For example if something has 50 all res and you reduce it to 0, you are gaining 100% more damage. If it had 0 and you reduce it to -50 you are only gaining 50%.

As far as the regular enemies in uberlevels go they have either immunity or 0 resistance. Only act bosses (75 all res), and some easy uber bosses (for example jitan has 50 fire/cold/lightning) have positive resistance without being immune. And even in those cases it's still not worth it to go over 100 because of the diminishing returns. Remember that if you get over 100 res pierce you will be sacrificing other stats on your character, which I deemed unnecessary.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Shiki wrote:What would you say is the best mercenary for this build?

Tainted blood on my merc makes him a god (currently using A2 Fighter Mage for chronofield he'll get eventually)

I was thinking about one of these:
an A2 Shapeshifter (for the bloodlust)
A3 BloodMage for the heal ( I feel like this is a huge waste, because im already a god and i dont think hoping for a welltimed merc skill for when i get to very low health will work out well(
A1 Priestess for Tremor and pray and spray <3
And Lastly A5 merc, for a handy tank, With Gift of the wild buff for my team :V

Would love to get some feedback. On gearing the merc, would prolly just make him a tank for an easier terror experience.

But im not sure which one I want. Leaning heavily towards shapeshifter for bloodlust. Im just afraid he'll pounce into death.

Just go with whatever merc you're comfortable with
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
I read something in the over/underrated items thread I intend to try. Put mal RW belt on a A5 merc with as much +%fire spell damage equipment as you can. Makes him cast some crazy immolation bomb, it's a 25% ctc on hit. Can do some crazy damage.
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
Man. Duncraig was pretty tough. Probably died a hundred times. Got it though.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
i like your guide but i dont understand how/where to farm the midgame items? what should is start with first
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
You can farm sewers in early game gear - Hellfire plate
Terror fauzt is easily doable with shit gear - Bow upgrade with shrines
Arcane crystals are easy to get - Hanabigami
Toraja is also easy to clear some of it and then Dark Summoning - Helm (i'd rather trade for the rune tho)
as for SUs it's all luck. You can farm Kabraxis and hope for pieces you need or if you still need stat sigs spam Nihlathak for an occasional SU
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Yes that's right. In general I would get a good bow from terror fauzt first. Then Hellfire plate after, which gives you the defence to farm destruction fauzt for the belt runeword and then destruction duncraig or kabraxis for SU.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
suchbalance wrote:Yes that's right. In general I would get a good bow from terror fauzt first. Then Hellfire plate after, which gives you the defence to farm destruction fauzt for the belt runeword and then destruction duncraig or kabraxis for SU.

cool should i attempt to do all the ubers in that section before starting sewers or just start sewers straight away? i have done all of the basic and easy ubers at this point and am starting the tricky ones all i have done os far is the quov tsin one "that honorific tip was super awesome btw."

btw i was having some defensive problems so i swapped out deadfall and jitans for a truce plated sacred belt and an erawan RW chest in a sacred gothic plate. I have to swap in the jitans for some situations which need a lot more dps like when i did rathma square. Now that I have some charms I have been testing the Jitans again and im tanky enough that its okay to reequip it. what are other good ways to get defenses? the helm is insane for dps but it sucks defensively and i still feel a bit squishy at times. thanks in advance