Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
1) Path of flames is much better because it gives you range. Everything is melting in the tantrum zone with or without a belt anyway. Gives you better performance vs phys immunes. Also you get perfect utilisation of the superbeast spell damage & euphoria pierce.

2) If you can cap the pierce with it, bag of tricks deals more damage indeed. The reason I prefer hanabigami endgame: 1. You can make multiple copies of it and roll for an azmodan lottery (mine was upgraded); 2. 60% FRW is huge when you don't use rapture, I like the fast movement speed; 3. Good pierce and big MO space means I don't have to make compromises with the rest of my gear to reach 100 all pierce.

PS. if you lag turn the ingame sounds off
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Path of Flames was something like ~30k dmg. I didn't liked it so much and i lost like 4 or 5k dmg from removing ghal belt.
I know the FRW is nice and also the Mo-Space. Actually i dont move much :D i mostly tantrum -> teleport -> tantrum. In areas like Fauzt i walk + tele ofc but i don't feel like the speed is needed.

thanks for the tip with sound, will try that.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
If I had a quid for every mxl player who was obsessed with the LCS numbers I would have financed Sigma on the Half-Life 3 engine by now :) You probably still think that bloodlust is giving you 10k damage too?

In simpler terms: The difference in damage between Ahriman and Nero is 1200 - 750 = 450 average elemental damage added to your weapon. If you think that 450 average elemental damage is superior to a lvl 30+ Path of Flames with 350% + spell damage & 100% fire pierce then you are simply wrong. It's not even close.

In fact the real downside of losing ahriman is the loss in defence & life, but those two parameters are good enough endgame without it.
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I know that the display is bugged. I just meant how it felt like (it could be also that i thought i'm "faster" because of less laggs).
I may try AUHE belt then again. But i will defently switch to Bag of Tricks if i get one :D
draethes
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, I'd like to start off with saying excellent guide!
I am relatively new to Median-XL and found this guide extremely easy to follow along with, I have yet to do any end-game content or uberlevels and such.
Currently on Act V hatred with this build and am loving it! I thought I might have some issues following the guide but it made so much more since when I started leveling and reading what the skills do.
Again, thanks for making a great guide.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
@suchbalance i know that nero RW gives a lot more damage than ghal belt due to how crazy path of flames is with superbeast. The only question i have is that is there a chart anywhere which has data for the damage of all of these skills? sometimes its hard to theorycraft with oskills on items because there is no way to tell just how good something is unless you actually own the item. In some cases these kind of things are not super easy to get IE auhue rune is not so easy you usually have to buy it or dedicate some hours to farming toraja.

thanks! looking forward to the next SB guide soon i hope :D
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
shnurr214 wrote:is that is there a chart anywhere which has data for the damage of all of these skills?

search in this forum for "spell dmg calculator", may help. Although i don't even know where the "search" function in this new forum is rofl.

My Q: SB in ur guide u said this char can do terror fauzt or trial of knowledge at lvl 115. how much def and dr% do u need to do that?
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
That was back when the character orb was still a thing. Then I had around 100k, no extra DR apart from what was on the early game gear. So nowadays that should probably be around 80k, still good enough of you are keeping your vindicate up.

@shnurr - missed that post somehow, but yes, check my signature. One of the main purposes in creating that app was to calculate spell damage.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
suchbalance wrote:nowadays that should probably be around 80k, still good enough of you are keeping your vindicate up.

I just realized terror fauzt is not as hard as it used to be, did it at 117 with my lazy din. Still 80k with 10% dr, without anything but SOD to deal with phys imm? beside u can just DA in rangers and kill them?
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
suchbalance does your guide still apply to the new uldyssian? i never have done uldy before now but i only have him laz mnx and witch left now. what order do you think i should attempt the final ubers? finished void and triune tonight XD