The Tantrumdin

AQUIL
Fallen
1 | 1
All this time i was trying to build Procadin's gear around firefront but yesterday i got this BEAUTY and now i have some thoughts about what to do! I would really appreciate some advice from you guys!

Casheew21
Imp
5 | 0
I wonder ... is this guide still viable for M17? I never played this game before - started this week and got a druid to 75 and an assassin to 26. Both classes don't seem to be what I am looking for but giving the fact that I can farm the starter gear required for this build I am fairly interested in this build. However since this guide is kinda old I was wondering if this build is still viable and the build path still accurate? Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Otherwise I'd also appreciate if someone could tell me what the best farming build in the game is once you reach 120 :)
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Casheew21 wrote:I wonder ... is this guide still viable for M17? I never played this game before - started this week and got a druid to 75 and an assassin to 26. Both classes don't seem to be what I am looking for but giving the fact that I can farm the starter gear required for this build I am fairly interested in this build. However since this guide is kinda old I was wondering if this build is still viable and the build path still accurate? Thanks in advance :)

If you are new to the mod, i would advise against going tatrumdin. I went him myself while being new to the mod as well. He got nerfed (both range and mana cost), pretty heavly and mostly you go tatrum for fireprocs at the moment and not dmg modifiers to tatrum itself. My first impression of the spec itself was really negative for me at least (this patch). It needs some specific items to work and you won't be able to farm it with this spec - so basically you need another char to farm this one (or spec if you wanna go unholy caster paladin which is way easier). There are better builds to go for while being a new player joining the mod, saying that from my experience.

On positive sight though. Spec requires specific playstyle to pull it off - you need to almost meele but avoid tanking. But once you can equip him (i used another char for it) he is unique type of spec and pretty fun to play. Versityle type of dmg (fireprocs on gear, to deal with immunity mobs still got phys/poison dmg buff, litghning dmg on mind flay and magic on slayers), not type of "press one button and afk" and doesnt require summons to farm.

If you have any type of specific question, feel free to pm. Struggled with this spec for quite a while...
Edited by Spinaker 6 years.
Casheew21
Imp
5 | 0
Spinaker wrote:
Casheew21 wrote:I wonder ... is this guide still viable for M17? I never played this game before - started this week and got a druid to 75 and an assassin to 26. Both classes don't seem to be what I am looking for but giving the fact that I can farm the starter gear required for this build I am fairly interested in this build. However since this guide is kinda old I was wondering if this build is still viable and the build path still accurate? Thanks in advance :)

If you are new to the mod, i would advise against going tatrumdin. I went him myself while being new to the mod as well. He got nerfed (both range and mana cost), pretty heavly and mostly you go tatrum for fireprocs at the moment and not dmg modifiers to tatrum itself. My first impression of the spec itself was really negative for me at least (this patch). It needs some specific items to work and you won't be able to farm it with this spec - so basically you need another char to farm this one (or spec if you wanna go unholy caster paladin which is way easier). There are better builds to go for while being a new player joining the mod, saying that from my experience.

On positive sight though. Spec requires specific playstyle to pull it off - you need to almost meele but avoid tanking. But once you can equip him (i used another char for it) he is unique type of spec and pretty fun to play. Versityle type of dmg (fireprocs on gear, to deal with immunity mobs still got dmg buff, litghning dmg on mind flay and magic on slayers), not type of "press one button and afk" and doesnt require summons to farm.

If you have any type of specific question, feel free to pm. Struggled with this spec for quite a while...

Thanks for letting me know. I am however looking for this exact "press one button and afk" spec in order to easily grind the gear I need to test other stuff. However until now it feels like no class seems to be faceroll. As far as I've seen you farm Fauzt and TA for early sacreds and shrines and I'd love to have a class which just 1 button facerolls through those "farm levels". Usually I go with sorc but since the cold tree is insanely terrible when it comes to damage (Abyss is a joke ... it has insane dmg potential but it's a pain in the butt to use) and Fire is super bad early this doesn't seem to be an option either. Bowazon looks like a decent damage dealer with aoe clear aswell however the guide says it's stupidly squishy and you die a lot which isn't what I am looking for either :x

Maybe I'll find a build at one point which satisfies my needs but until now there doesn't seem to be that one easy faceroll build for farming.
ZIZIPremum
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Hello. Thanks for this very complete guide, it makes me understand nice things of mxl (like MO before runeword!).
A few questions about this build please:
-how works ctc arrow and knives ? why is that so important, we can get a lot of other ctc in other items ( ctc shower of rock etc...)
-Why not using ctc niasma and crucify orbs ?
-Why not using life leech instead of life after death?

-What are other ias breakpoints, you only give us one ?

-what is thunder hammer doing? great damage? stunning?

-are you using tantrum : left click and initial spell/teleport right click ?

THX
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Arrow and Knife Throw are procs that trigger "on striking". Since tantrum hits a lot, these procs will occur frequently. The build has gear that adds lots of elemental damage/crushing blow which is also applied to Arrow/Knife Throw/Thunder Hammer/Time Strike etc. The procs also increase the likelihood of elemental procs triggering, as they won't proc themselves (Hanabigami).

Miasma and Crucify orbs, which were removed previously, were "on attack", required swinging a melee weapon to have a chance to work. They weren't compatible with bows.

Breakpoints have changed a bit since this guide was written, but current ones can be found using the speed calc. Make sure to use Superbeast morph option to get the correct break points, once you've unlocked and are using it.

Thunder hammer deals weapon damage, carries added elemental damage and crushing blow and can trigger itself and other on striking procs.

Ideally tantrum on left click and buffs/teleport on right click.

Edit: This guide is several patches old and the game has changed drastically since m2017/sigma. Keep that in mind when choosing gear/distributing skill points.
ZIZIPremum
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
THX Fumbles !

And why life after death orbs ? why not life leech ??

PS: i am using windows xp so i am still using ultimative ( sigma is not avalaible on xp )
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Life steal improves with higher physical damage and this build focuses on added elemental damage, crushing blow and elemental procs, none of which can leech. Life after each kill applies to any kill by the character, regardless of what damage type is used.