The Tantrumdin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
L H
The Summoner
5125 | 165
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Spinaker wrote:
L H wrote:If you want to go full Fire proc tantrumdin, get the flamefront striking bow,
Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Required Level: 100
Area Effect Attack
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 damage
-10% Target Defense
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Inarius
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

, and
Demonic Touch
Demonic Touch
Leather Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1136 to 1143)
Required Strength: 908
1% Chance to cast level 16 Cataclysm on Striking
30% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 7-13 damage
+666 Defense
All Resists +(15 to 20)%
Damage Reduced by 5%
1% Reanimate as: Edyrem
Requirements +100%
Socketed (4)

, with all your spare stat points going towards vessel to boost physical magic spell so you can deal with fire immunes.

Could you maybe also give a hand and advise how the itemisation should look like in the fool scope of gear? Can the procadin clear the highest content, including ubers like witch, astrogha etc. Looking atm for a good/well rounded char to be able to clear these (I'm still new to the median mod).

Thanks in advance for the answer.

If you want a full endgame spec:

Fascinating craft long or short war bow: high fire spell/pierce, flamefront on striking, tantrum
Hanabigami
Hanabigami
Arrow Quiver

Required Level: 60
1% Chance to cast level 36 Flamefront on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 36 Forked Lightning on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 36 Ice Lance on Striking
60% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 25-50 fire damage
Adds 25-50 lightning damage
Adds 25-50 cold damage
-(6 to 8)% to All Enemy Resistances
-15 to Vitality

Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Area Effect Attack
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 damage
-10% Target Defense
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Inarius
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

or Fascinating craft ancient armor: +2 all skill, high defense, high fire spell/pierce, teleport when struck proc (optional, good for kabraxis)
Demonic Touch
Demonic Touch
Leather Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1136 to 1143)
Required Strength: 908
1% Chance to cast level 16 Cataclysm on Striking
30% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 7-13 damage
+666 Defense
All Resists +(15 to 20)%
Damage Reduced by 5%
1% Reanimate as: Edyrem
Requirements +100%
Socketed (4)

or
Lamha Na Draoithe
Lamha Na Draoithe
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1361-1512) to (1593-1769)
Required Strength: 344
+150 Strength Factor to Spell Damage
+2 to All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Strength
-100 to Life
All Resists +(21 to 25)%
Requirements -40%
Socketed (4)

Fascinating craft circlet type item (coronet/diadem/circlet/tiara): +2-3 all skill, high fire spell/pierce (spawns naturally and from shrine)
Nero
Nero
Belts

'Auhe'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Chance to cast level 14 Fortress on Melee Attack
Adds 7-25 damage
+150% Damage to Demons
Adds 125-250 fire damage
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
3% Deadly Strike
+(7 to 12) to Path of Flames
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
or Fascinating craft plated belt: +1-2 pala skill, high defense, high fire spell/pierce
ZOMG fascinating craft greaves: high fire spell/pierce, defense, plenty of MO space for whatever you need (FHR, fire spell, etc)
rings: +1 skill, fire spell/pierce
amulet: +2-3 skill, fire spell/pierce, flat life, banish proc (optional)

just a rough thought process. I was able to clear a lot of content with that spec last ladder, as long as you get as much pierce as possible (-135% for normal monsters, -170% for bosses), you'll steamroll a lot of things.

Startled witch is a purify boss.
Astrogha is generally a no with this build since you'll be killing darklings (deathstrike when killed) and totems (heals astro when killed) all over the place, not to mention the frozen orb spell.

Most bosses are super easy. You might struggle with QT and other bosses similar to his mechanic because some can tele when struck (tantrum hits 25x per sec if I recall), but by no means is it hard. Just annoying and/or time consuming.
Auren
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I tried out the Fire proc tantrumdin and it does tons of damage.
My weap may not be the best, but the best i could get by crafting round about 150 shrines:

My problem is that on destruction uber/heroic levels I die really fast because I only have 175k defense.
Does anyone of you have any advice on how to play safer with this build or generally how to boost my defense?
Thanks in advance :o .
kidnat07
Skeleton
2 | 0
Auren wrote:I tried out the Fire proc tantrumdin and it does tons of damage.
My weap may not be the best, but the best i could get by crafting round about 150 shrines:

My problem is that on destruction uber/heroic levels I die really fast because I only have 175k defense.
Does anyone of you have any advice on how to play safer with this build or generally how to boost my defense?
Thanks in advance :o .

My friend. You can give me a Xis rune.tks. I play offline. Mail : [email protected]
AQUIL
Fallen
1 | 1
All this time i was trying to build Procadin's gear around firefront but yesterday i got this BEAUTY and now i have some thoughts about what to do! I would really appreciate some advice from you guys!

Casheew21
Imp
5 | 0
I wonder ... is this guide still viable for M17? I never played this game before - started this week and got a druid to 75 and an assassin to 26. Both classes don't seem to be what I am looking for but giving the fact that I can farm the starter gear required for this build I am fairly interested in this build. However since this guide is kinda old I was wondering if this build is still viable and the build path still accurate? Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Otherwise I'd also appreciate if someone could tell me what the best farming build in the game is once you reach 120 :)
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
52 | 2
Casheew21 wrote:I wonder ... is this guide still viable for M17? I never played this game before - started this week and got a druid to 75 and an assassin to 26. Both classes don't seem to be what I am looking for but giving the fact that I can farm the starter gear required for this build I am fairly interested in this build. However since this guide is kinda old I was wondering if this build is still viable and the build path still accurate? Thanks in advance :)

If you are new to the mod, i would advise against going tatrumdin. I went him myself while being new to the mod as well. He got nerfed (both range and mana cost), pretty heavly and mostly you go tatrum for fireprocs at the moment and not dmg modifiers to tatrum itself. My first impression of the spec itself was really negative for me at least (this patch). It needs some specific items to work and you won't be able to farm it with this spec - so basically you need another char to farm this one (or spec if you wanna go unholy caster paladin which is way easier). There are better builds to go for while being a new player joining the mod, saying that from my experience.

On positive sight though. Spec requires specific playstyle to pull it off - you need to almost meele but avoid tanking. But once you can equip him (i used another char for it) he is unique type of spec and pretty fun to play. Versityle type of dmg (fireprocs on gear, to deal with immunity mobs still got phys/poison dmg buff, litghning dmg on mind flay and magic on slayers), not type of "press one button and afk" and doesnt require summons to farm.

If you have any type of specific question, feel free to pm. Struggled with this spec for quite a while...
Edited by Spinaker 2 months.
Casheew21
Imp
5 | 0
Spinaker wrote:
Casheew21 wrote:I wonder ... is this guide still viable for M17? I never played this game before - started this week and got a druid to 75 and an assassin to 26. Both classes don't seem to be what I am looking for but giving the fact that I can farm the starter gear required for this build I am fairly interested in this build. However since this guide is kinda old I was wondering if this build is still viable and the build path still accurate? Thanks in advance :)

If you are new to the mod, i would advise against going tatrumdin. I went him myself while being new to the mod as well. He got nerfed (both range and mana cost), pretty heavly and mostly you go tatrum for fireprocs at the moment and not dmg modifiers to tatrum itself. My first impression of the spec itself was really negative for me at least (this patch). It needs some specific items to work and you won't be able to farm it with this spec - so basically you need another char to farm this one (or spec if you wanna go unholy caster paladin which is way easier). There are better builds to go for while being a new player joining the mod, saying that from my experience.

On positive sight though. Spec requires specific playstyle to pull it off - you need to almost meele but avoid tanking. But once you can equip him (i used another char for it) he is unique type of spec and pretty fun to play. Versityle type of dmg (fireprocs on gear, to deal with immunity mobs still got dmg buff, litghning dmg on mind flay and magic on slayers), not type of "press one button and afk" and doesnt require summons to farm.

If you have any type of specific question, feel free to pm. Struggled with this spec for quite a while...

Thanks for letting me know. I am however looking for this exact "press one button and afk" spec in order to easily grind the gear I need to test other stuff. However until now it feels like no class seems to be faceroll. As far as I've seen you farm Fauzt and TA for early sacreds and shrines and I'd love to have a class which just 1 button facerolls through those "farm levels". Usually I go with sorc but since the cold tree is insanely terrible when it comes to damage (Abyss is a joke ... it has insane dmg potential but it's a pain in the butt to use) and Fire is super bad early this doesn't seem to be an option either. Bowazon looks like a decent damage dealer with aoe clear aswell however the guide says it's stupidly squishy and you die a lot which isn't what I am looking for either :x

Maybe I'll find a build at one point which satisfies my needs but until now there doesn't seem to be that one easy faceroll build for farming.