Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
inori92 wrote:Regarding the ways, poison mechanics don't allow stacking of multiple damage sources

Ways adds psn damage directly to whatever throw you do, but wouldn't scorpion blade override that as the superior damage?

This is why I thought Tiefling was good. If this isn't the case and ways does add the damage values it states it does, and scorpion blade's poison stacks with the ways' poison, that just makes tiefling a really awful passive/buff ability, which does far too much harm to be good.

Poison damage is weird, especially with Scorpion Blade. I ripped this from the documentation, although it says it is outdated, I don't believe this part, or rather the mechanics of it, to be outdated.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/poison

glad you are back

yeah, so i just spent the last little while testing, and i don't feel like they stack with each other - i am not noticing the significant dps increase the ways should give me (scorpion sitting at 22k psn, ways giving me 11k so i should see ghoms bar drop like 1/3 more per hit which i cant really). also, with my defense on sin (20k), dunc hits me at 80%. But tiefling's stat gains for a buff are honestly so bad, that i feel dissuaded to go it anyway, and just level spider ways for the psn spell %.

regarding that outdated documentation, see how it says it's NOT affected by spell/psn skill damage on missiles, but on melee, under scorpion blade. it's not only extremely confusing as that's not true, psn damage works with scorpion blade, but again, it also says [outdated].

this is all on top of the recent scorpion blade nerf, so we have ~3 less daggers and lesser WDM. man, assassins are such a disappointment on this game
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't believe that the hit from the missile is effected by poison spell damage but rather the cloud it creates after it hits. So at the very least, we do know that disabling the flat damage is a mistake, at least in theory.

How I've interpreted it is that the mobs that actually take your scorpion blade hits are effected by your flat damage, then if they are in the cloud the damage from scorpion blade is added into it.

I'd love someone who is much more mechanically knowledgeable than myself to confirm/deny these things, but I've just gone by what has seemed to increase my damage. I've never much considered the flat damage from the ways before your post, but always have maxed the way for the spell damage itself.

Regarding Dunc, the way I see it is all your survivability comes from reanimates, blink, and avoiding getting hit by your positioning. If you put yourself in a position to get hit, you are most likely dead. However, a little bit of defense is going to go further than a little more health. At 80% chance to get hit, if five souls attack you, on average one of those is going to miss.
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
i wasn't particularly complaining about it, just mentioning that it was a selling point in favor of not using tiefling in our earlier discussion, but it's so negligible that you're probably going to live and die in the same scenarios.

i just tested again, on shenk this time. the ways damage definitely doesn't seem to benefit as it should - at the very least, it's not a consistent 33% damage increase as the old formula would suggest. I have noticed that when i enabled tiefling and threw regular daggers, the targets would become green but take no damage. when i disabled tiefling, the targets definitely took damage. However, when I did the same with scorpion blade attacks instead of regular attacks, the damage only varied when it seemed like the poison cloud hit the target or something. This makes me believe that on initial contact with enemy target, scorpion blade's poison damage overrides the ways' poison damage. Also, even with tiefling on, targets were only poisoned for about ~2 seconds, unless the target was very clearly smeared in the poison cloud, in which case it seemed to do like double damage, which happened when tiefling was on also (so ways gave 0 damage).

there isn't anything else to level really, so i think u go for the spell damage from the ways anyway, but the tradeoffs between tiefling vs not are miniscule offensively, and not that big defensively also. It ain't the same as when an amazon decides to use ecstatic frenzy vs not, for example.

im gonna try once more and see how many hits it requires to kill shenk with scorpion blade + tiefling and no tiefling. will edit results in.

EDIT: Ya it doesn't work lmao. 14 hits to kill shenk exactly, both times. tiefling on, off. tested to make sure tiefling is not bugged, mobs did not get poisoned when tiefling was on with regular attack, but did when tiefling was off.

Ways flat damage boost does NOT help scorpion blade's poison damage, both on initial hit and on cloud, it appears scorpion blade's dmg comes from the immediate cloud spawn upon contact so it immediately overrides ways' damage. Gg love this game
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Maybe the part about them adding in together is outdated, or maybe it has to be applied active then passive. Or it might even be a bug if it is supposed to work. Either way, we agree Tiefling isn't worth the use.
lauroson
Invader
8 | 0
I've been looking for a good excuse to do my first ever Assassin
disfang
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Blackjade's Legacy
Blackjade's Legacy
Leather Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: 470 to 477
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
Shadow Refuge: -1% to Enemy Fire, Cold and Lightning Resists per Base Level
+(0 to 2) to Assassin Skill Levels
+(100 to 250) to Life
+(50 to 150) Life on Melee Attack
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)
is worth this bulid?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
No, you won't be putting points into Shadow Refuge at all, so you benefit nothing from the special modifier. The two skills and energy factor are nice, but not good enough to use it over a craft. The gloves are intended to be used with Twin Fang Strike.
TipsyRain
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I just move from Death Touch(4) to Warshrike and noticed a significant drop in dps (~10k). I am still using mostly the set of TUs you recommended, is there something I'm suppose to use with Warshrike to see an inc. in dmg? thanks
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TipsyRain wrote:I just move from Death Touch(4) to Warshrike and noticed a significant drop in dps (~10k). I am still using mostly the set of TUs you recommended, is there something I'm suppose to use with Warshrike to see an inc. in dmg? thanks

You might be losing some damage on the character sheet, but the rest of the stats from Warshrike make it worth upgrading. The 100 life after each kill goes a long way. Some of the missing damage (which comes from the 4-5 less skills), is made up with the extra 20 pierce.
Koqey
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello, I pretty much got all the items you were using for endgame ( exept fangsin scales... ) what would you suggest as a replacement for them until i find them? Also What would be a GG crafted eerie shield? :)