Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
willi1602 wrote:https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=MortalKombat

I think I have some pretty good stuff, but I'm at 76K-99K damage, and I don't feel like I have enough damage (or tankability) in teganze, or am I just lacking the skill to play it? I've tried to farm it and died like 20-30 times, these poison absorbers are a real pain in the arse. Any certain direction of upgrades I should go for? Is the Ix shield a good idea for teganze?

First of all, ignore that your character sheet says for poison damage, you can easily make those numbers say hundreds of thousands if not millions. It does not accurately reflect what damage you are doing.

Your gear looks good except I would swap out your shield and eventually rings. I'd swap out to the TU Bladed Shield here, the reanimates will help block some projectiles for you. The rings are giving you more damage over time from the +poison duration, but not more damage per second. For more up front damage, you should be looking for rares with +1 skill, +poison spell damage, and -enemy poison resistance at the minimum.

The poison absorb mobs aren't going to generally die in one hit, so for efficiency sake I would run past them and focus on all the other mobs. However, with your more duration focused build, you might be able to one hit them, it may just take the entire duration of your poison which looks to be between 3-4 seconds.

Teganze is more about getting into a rhythm from dodging projectiles, sustaining from your LaK from your knife, and popping a potion whenever you get hit with poison. Low hp pool on ssin can be challenging in Teganze since you aren't really able to mitigate damage there so we focus more on mobility than defensive stats. If you watch the video in my showcase, I rarely get hit. It looks like I somehow forgot to record a second run on the new one I was leveling, but the strategy is the same. My new one had worse gear so it was just a bit slower.

I'm also not sure where your life currently sits since it's not accurate on NotArmory or what you have in your sockets. You can work on jewel crafting aiming for +life on your spell damage crafts unless you want to try to roll MF ones first.

You also seem to be missing some charms that you can get at 120. I would go back and make sure you have all of those, especially the stat ones. +stats helps you a lot since you almost double dip into energy since it gives +str as well.

Signets of Learning will help you a lot too, but you will get those as you farm, no real need or reason to go back and power farm them.

Here is the one in the showcase videos for comparison (I haven't played it in ~2? months): https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Sam
willi1602
Jungle Hunter
25 | 4
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
AzureGladiator wrote:

I think I have some pretty good stuff, but I'm at 76K-99K damage, and I don't feel like I have enough damage (or tankability) in teganze, or am I just lacking the skill to play it? I've tried to farm it and died like 20-30 times, these poison absorbers are a real pain in the arse. Any certain direction of upgrades I should go for? Is the Ix shield a good idea for teganze?

Damn... Chug dem sigs mon! You seem to have very little energy and survivability stats... Try to put more points into energy, get +all attributes and % bonuses for energy/vitality. If you can't get vitality, get more + to life, increase life %, physical resistance, damage reduction, avoid, defense, or block chance. I would highly recommend socketting life jewels, and an empyrean band/glory.

farming every now and then for those signets but it gets boring quick :D just made the assa a few days ago
I'm basically all into energy, aside from the str/dex I need for gear

how would I increase any of the mentioned stats, though? I mean +life, vita and energy is pretty simple, but life%, phys res, dr, avoid and block are pretty hard (isn't block kinda useless with 0 dex?)

CallMeCrazySam wrote:

First of all, ignore that your character sheet says for poison damage, you can easily make those numbers say hundreds of thousands if not millions. It does not accurately reflect what damage you are doing.

Your gear looks good except I would swap out your shield and eventually rings. I'd swap out to the TU Bladed Shield here, the reanimates will help block some projectiles for you. The rings are giving you more damage over time from the +poison duration, but not more damage per second. For more up front damage, you should be looking for rares with +1 skill, +poison spell damage, and -enemy poison resistance at the minimum.

The poison absorb mobs aren't going to generally die in one hit, so for efficiency sake I would run past them and focus on all the other mobs. However, with your more duration focused build, you might be able to one hit them, it may just take the entire duration of your poison which looks to be between 3-4 seconds.

Teganze is more about getting into a rhythm from dodging projectiles, sustaining from your LaK from your knife, and popping a potion whenever you get hit with poison. Low hp pool on ssin can be challenging in Teganze since you aren't really able to mitigate damage there so we focus more on mobility than defensive stats. If you watch the video in my showcase, I rarely get hit. It looks like I somehow forgot to record a second run on the new one I was leveling, but the strategy is the same. My new one had worse gear so it was just a bit slower.

I'm also not sure where your life currently sits since it's not accurate on NotArmory or what you have in your sockets. You can work on jewel crafting aiming for +life on your spell damage crafts unless you want to try to roll MF ones first.

You also seem to be missing some charms that you can get at 120. I would go back and make sure you have all of those, especially the stat ones. +stats helps you a lot since you almost double dip into energy since it gives +str as well.

Signets of Learning will help you a lot too, but you will get those as you farm, no real need or reason to go back and power farm them.

Here is the one in the showcase videos for comparison (I haven't played it in ~2? months): https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Sam

this is pretty helpful too, thank you
I have 4650 life and figure that's kinda low
I'll try to get a few 120 charms which should definitely help, but my hopes aren't too high since this isn't a bosskiller build ^^
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
willi1602 wrote:this is pretty helpful too, thank you
I have 4650 life and figure that's kinda low
I'll try to get a few 120 charms which should definitely help, but my hopes aren't too high since this isn't a bosskiller build ^^

You should be able to do them easily enough with your gear. If you look back in the main page, I did them all at 120 with crafts. I have videos up for general strategy. The only ones I didn't do are Ureh (you *can* do it with this spec but you need to get super lucky with desync and RNG) and Baal because I was saving Ancients exp, but he is easy enough.
ZealotofDeath
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Thx for the guide! I will try it in the new season!
FreddyBaby
Vampiress
35 | 1
is vampiric icon worth for this build? and how does it work? its the flames that's heals, or do you just cast it and your attacks heals?
very nice guide!
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FreddyBaby wrote:is vampiric icon worth for this build? and how does it work? its the flames that's heals, or do you just cast it and your attacks heals?
very nice guide!

I've never found it worth using on any assassin build to tell you the truth. It isn't worth stopping to cast when you can just leech enough on WDM builds or some life after kill on this one.
ZealotofDeath
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Hi there! I am at the point where i want to craft my shimmering throwing knife. I cannot seem to get more than -5% poison resist on enemy on it though...the item level is 99 but it always rolls between -3 and -5%...

what am i missing?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ZealotofDeath wrote:Hi there! I am at the point where i want to craft my shimmering throwing knife. I cannot seem to get more than -5% poison resist on enemy on it though...the item level is 99 but it always rolls between -3 and -5%...

what am i missing?

-3 to -5 is the roll on the shrine. One of the random affixes you can get on it is the poison pierce roll. However, the knife and your shield are the two least important upgrades. Focus on crafting the rest of your gear first. You aren't going to improve all that much over the TU Throwing Knife unless you do get a very good roll on the craft.

Edit: I might actually just take that out and recommend using the TU until you the SSU. Unless you do get an almost perfect roll on the craft, it won't outperform the TU.
ZealotofDeath
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
thx for the fast reply! ill keep grinding then :)

oh and with "pierce" you mean "-enemy poison resist", right?
Pandaperfect
Skeleton
2 | 0
I have to ask regards your RUne use.. Tir for magic find? They have gold find now you have to go all the way up to LUM now to get MF.