Pouncezon

tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Solfege wrote:
d2mxl wrote:Thanks, it's very helpful.

For #4, thanks for the setup for bloodmage and abjurer. I think I will go back or try them again once I got to Terror. So far I haven't find any shines yet. I got a Mark of Infusion, but I didn't know it was special, so I used it on some random item just to see what it does. And it disappeared after that. For early gears, does the +skill have to be +All Skill or is Bloodmage and Abjurer a specific class like Barbarian?

For #5, is +skill not that important for Pouncezon?

For #6, #7, It's very good to know what proc gets triggered, I being searching for this info for awhile, so thank you very much. What is a "Magic Damage", is cold, fire or lightning or a combination of all three, or is it entirely a different category? In Act 4 I begin to see monster that are Fire immune or immune to some other element, but they don't seem to give any trouble at all.

Marks of Infusion are used on Magic or Sacred Magic gear pieces to create Honorifics. These are items with no echantments, but the effects of all MOs added to them are doubled. Honorifics also gives max sockets, depending on the item's tier. You can also Shrine-bless Sacred Honorifics by cubing it with a Shrine and an Arcane Crystal to add various mods, depending on the Shrine used. Shrines will start to drop around the same time Belladonnas do.

Mercs don't have merc-specific gear (yet), so it will be +All Skills. Only Barb mercs can benefit from +Barb Skills. It's also important to know that mercs can't use oskills (i.e. skills granted by an item, such as +x to Kraken Stance, for example).

+Skills are always nice, but they're more important for some builds than for others. And a lot of times, you can make up for a lack of +Skills with the right gear. Look at the Lioness passive, for example. +Skills will boost your AR and Defense, but it won't do anything to boost damage. Lioness only gets damage boosts from Base Points into the skill. So by using a spear such as Terra, you're gaining defense boosts from the item itself. This helps make up for whatever you would've gained from +Skills on Fangspear. So it balances out.

Magic Damage is it's own type of damage, separate from Phys or Elemental damage. Phys and Magic are nice damage types because fewer enemies are immune to them, and bosses have much lower resistances to them compared to Elemental damage. However, only a handful of skills offer Phys and Magic pierce. So it kind of balances out.

Does act5 mers benefit from +x to Ancient Hand?
Does any mers benefit from +x to skills Y given they actually use that skills.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tranvanhieu wrote:Does act5 mers benefit from +x to Ancient Hand?
Does any mers benefit from +x to skills Y given they actually use that skills.

Yes. It works like a +Skills boost, just for a specific skill.
d2mxl
Skeleton
3 | 0
So from what I learn so far, pounce is not a direct melee but a teleporting attack. According to MXLu vXVI v2.96 "Stun Attack" on items such as Toorc's Gift will not work attacks other than direct melee. So "Stun Attack" would not work with Pounce but should work with Great Hunt. Am I correct?

I see "LL crafted jewels (Ber rune)" mentioned a couple times, the "LL" is just "Life Leech" right?

MXL's difficulty level (Terror and Destruction), is still pretty similar to the original Nightmare and Hell? I got rushed through Terror, and I noticed my resistance is decreased by about 40, same as in Nightmare. My merc still at 75. I plan to stay in Terror for awhile. This means I need 75(resist cap)+40(Terror)-30(from LC1 charm)=85 resist. I am level 58 now, so I plan to upgrade all my gear to Tier 6 except for deadfall belt which will be at tier 4. So I would have 20 sockets (excluding weapon), 20*20% resist from perfect gems / 4 types of resist is 100% resist per element, so I have more than enough sockets to reach resist cap and each perfect gem will give +2% max resist.

So here is the question, is it better to get a Honorific T1 gloves MO'd with +resist. At my level I get 6% to all resist per 4 levels, 58/4=14 MO's, or 84 resist, which is a little shy of max resist. There is no need to use perfect gems for resist, so no +2% max resist per gem. No "Stun Attack". I am using Visegrip right now but I am thinking of switching to Toorc's Gift. So also no "30% increased attack speed, no extra 200 cold damage, about 700 * my current TCD multiplier of defense, and 40% of cold resist. I can still MO Toorc's gift another 3 times before reaching level 58 (but no double bonus). But if I use the Honorific T1 gloves MO'd with +resist, I would have 17 empty sockets. If I upgrade everything to Tier 6, I will not be able to get "LL crafted jewels (Ber rune) with bonus to dex. and resists" any time soon, so I will put whatever gems or runes or random jewels I find in them.

Is Toorc's Gift's extra 200 cold damage just a flat extra 200 damage or does it get multiplied like the weapon damage? When I pounce, does it do cold damage and slow down all the monsters in the area?

The Honorific T1 gloves in the guide has -18% enemy poison resistance, is that from MO as well? I don't see MO's with -% enemy poison resistance for sale from the merchants.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
d2mxl wrote:So from what I learn so far, pounce is not a direct melee but a teleporting attack. According to MXLu vXVI v2.96 "Stun Attack" on items such as Toorc's Gift will not work attacks other than direct melee. So "Stun Attack" would not work with Pounce but should work with Great Hunt. Am I correct?

Correct. But don't rely too much on the old docs. M2017 changed a lot of things. In case you didn't know, up-to-date docs can be found here:

https://docs.median-xl.com/

And the Wiki has some additional info not found in the docs, such as maps and stuff.

http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Median_XL_Wiki

I see "LL crafted jewels (Ber rune)" mentioned a couple times, the "LL" is just "Life Leech" right?

Yes.

MXL's difficulty level (Terror and Destruction), is still pretty similar to the original Nightmare and Hell? I got rushed through Terror, and I noticed my resistance is decreased by about 40, same as in Nightmare. My merc still at 75. I plan to stay in Terror for awhile. This means I need 75(resist cap)+40(Terror)-30(from LC1 charm)=85 resist. I am level 58 now, so I plan to upgrade all my gear to Tier 6 except for deadfall belt which will be at tier 4. So I would have 20 sockets (excluding weapon), 20*20% resist from perfect gems / 4 types of resist is 100% resist per element, so I have more than enough sockets to reach resist cap and each perfect gem will give +2% max resist.

Sort of. Depending on your build and gear, it can be a smooth transition or a huge difficulty spike.

Getting rushed generally isn't a good idea, especially if you're new or playing a build you've never played before. One of the biggest benefits of playing through on your own is learning the ins-and-outs of the build you're playing, as well as increasing your player skill. This makes it easier to adapt to new situations when you get to the really hard stuff (Ubers). As a general progression guideline, you'll finish Hatred at clvl 50-54 with T3 gear, and Terror at clvl 102-114 with T6 gear.

As for res penalties, it's -50% in Terror and -100% in Destruction, so you need +125% and +175% res respectively to reach 75% res. Res gems+Elemental Prism will either res-cap you in Terror (depending on gear), or at least get you close. The rest you can get by putting res MOs on your jewelry. You only need about 70% all res when starting Destruction. The res bonus from the
Optical Detector
Optical Detector
Required Level: 90
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Unlocks Mastery Skill: Tenacity
+5% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Elemental Resists +15%
Infernal Machine (Heroic)
Difficulty Level: 122
Transmute in the cube after reaching Level 122
Charm will make up the rest (unless you're going for more res).

Mercs start with +100% res, and they suffer the same res penalties you do.

So here is the question, is it better to get a Honorific T1 gloves MO'd with +resist. At my level I get 6% to all resist per 4 levels, 58/4=14 MO's, or 84 resist, which is a little shy of max resist. There is no need to use perfect gems for resist, so no +2% max resist per gem. No "Stun Attack". I am using Visegrip right now but I am thinking of switching to Toorc's Gift. So also no "30% increased attack speed, no extra 200 cold damage, about 700 * my current TCD multiplier of defense, and 40% of cold resist. I can still MO Toorc's gift another 3 times before reaching level 58 (but no double bonus). But if I use the Honorific T1 gloves MO'd with +resist, I would have 17 empty sockets. If I upgrade everything to Tier 6, I will not be able to get "LL crafted jewels (Ber rune) with bonus to dex. and resists" any time soon, so I will put whatever gems or runes or random jewels I find in them.

It depends on your needs and how much you're using Great Hunt vs. Pounce. If you're mostly using Pounce and want TU gloves, I'd look at
Featherclaw
. You get IAS, FR/W, AR, DEX and usable sockets. If you wanna go Honorifics, you won't be able to get the same mods as the pic in the guide, but they'll still be useful (things have changed a lot in the MO department since this guide was written). You can start with T1 Leather Gloves (lowest STR and lvl req) and orb them with all res. That will still leave you with plenty of space for other things such as DEX, FHR, TCD, MF, etc. Don't socket them with anything. When T6 items start to drop, you can make new Honorifics in T6 Leather Gloves (low STR req and lvl req of 21) and socket them with perfect res gems instead of orbing them with all res. It's also important to remember that you can only orb an item 5x with the same MO (except Unique Mystic Orbs). So you'll only get a maximum of 30% all res per item from MOs.

And you're still a long way off from having to worry about crafted jewels. Perfect res gems in your gear are fine, even through Destruction's early Ubers. The jewels you'll craft will have a lvl req of 60+ anyway, so they wouldn't do you any good at clvl 58. When you are ready to craft jewels, make sure you're using ilvl 99 jewels (found in Terror Uberlevels and anywhere past A4 Terror Chaos Sanctuary). That way, you have a higher chance of getting the mods you want. Also, don't craft a jewel more than 6 times. Crafting reduces the jewel's ilvl by 5% each time, thus reducing the chance of getting good mods. And you don't need Crafting Points. They're not a thing anymore.

Is Toorc's Gift's extra 200 cold damage just a flat extra 200 damage or does it get multiplied like the weapon damage? When I pounce, does it do cold damage and slow down all the monsters in the area?

It's just flat Cold damage. That type of damage isn't affected by damage multipliers such as EWD (Poison damage from Curare is different, though). TBH, I'm not 100% sure if the Pounce AoE nova would carry the flat Cold damage. I want to say it would, but again, I'm not 100% sure.

The Honorific T1 gloves in the guide has -18% enemy poison resistance, is that from MO as well? I don't see MO's with -% enemy poison resistance for sale from the merchants.

Elemental pierce MOs used to be a thing, but they're not anymore.
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Solfege wrote:It's just flat Cold damage. That type of damage isn't affected by damage multipliers such as EWD (Poison damage from Curare is different, though). TBH, I'm not 100% sure if the Pounce AoE nova would carry the flat Cold damage. I want to say it would, but again, I'm not 100% sure.

AFAIK it's the same deal as Curare. It's a passive damage source, which means it gets multiplied by the WDM on the skill (and also spell damage if direct melee). Physical weapon damage (ED/EWD/whatever) doesn't affect anything. The Pounce nova is WDM but not direct, so it carries the effect but lowers the damage to 60%, and isn't improved by spell damage.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
itsme wrote:AFAIK it's the same deal as Curare. It's a passive damage source, which means it gets multiplied by the WDM on the skill (and also spell damage if direct melee). Physical weapon damage (ED/EWD/whatever) doesn't affect anything. The Pounce nova is WDM but not direct, so it carries the effect but lowers the damage to 60%, and isn't improved by spell damage.

It's true EWD doesn't affect flat Elemental damage, but I'm pretty sure skill WDM doesn't affect it either. For example, neither Enfilade's flat Cold damage, nor Hammer of Zerae's flat Lightning damage seem to be affected by either skills' WDMs (this is based on LCS numbers, so who knows?). I say Curare is different because the skill description specifically states: "The Elemental damage from this skill is affected by weapon damage multipliers on attack skills."

Edit:
Looks like it may be different for flat Elemental damage from skills vs. from items. Just checked with Toorc's Gift and that Cold damage is indeed affected by WDM, whereas Enfilade's is not.
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Yeah, the LCS doesn't show any of the scaling. Supposedly (according to how spell damage works) the flat damage from skills should scale to the WDM too, but I haven't tested it. It seems weird to me because if the skill has a WDM, and the skill's flat damage is being scaled by that, then the damage listed on the skill will never be accurate. So maybe that's taken into account on the description somehow.

Edit: Actually I might be misinterpreting that from how it's phrased. "Flat elemental damage added to wdm skills by the skill itself also fall on this category (passive sources)." Anyway, it's strange.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I think you're probably right and LCS just isn't displaying the scaling of flat Ele damage from WDM skills. Some of these mechanics are so convoluted.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
it does increase curare damage, but only the direct melee hit. If you use pounce, then gz no increased damage
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Nope. It scales to the WDM no matter what. Just tested it again on normal attack/HoZ/Magnetic Field and Curare has a different DPS with each skill (much more with HoZ and much less with MF). Takedown is 50% WD and Pounce nova 60%, one is direct and the other indirect but they do similar amounts of poison DPS. Normal attack and throw are both 100% WD and they do the same poison DPS.

What's happening with Pounce is that the direct hit is doing 100% WD and the nova is doing 60%. The Curare damage is being REDUCED on the nova, not increased by melee. Which means your damage is way lower than you might think.

You are probably confusing this with when %spell damage boosts passive ele damage. That only works on melee hits.

Edit:
Also the old LFAQ talks about this:
► Show Spoiler