Pouncezon

Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
jamielynn7483 wrote:I have most ultimate gear items and all charms... But I am dying trying to do dragons for rerolling ammys. Too impatient for oils. Any advice for staying alive? I'm using GH on him to kill him, but his fire gets me.

Have you tried Hyena Strike?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Just dodge their attacks. Thanks to the length of your weapon (pikes, spears) you can keep safe distance that gives you 1 second to avoid Flamestrike/Pyroblast.

Sometimes Dragons spawn with 90% avoid which can transform a routine rerolling moment into an annoying endless battle. Oils are much better, and you won't miss good stats on your amulet by accidently clicking 'reroll'.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Stealthmaster wrote: Yshari Sanctum: rushing strictly to Valthek is not a problem.

So what is strategy if I just want to do boss? GH? Pounce?
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
you need both the yshari sets which give the skills needed to kill valthek

getting to boss just pounce your way there
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Yes, pouncing all way to Valthek completely ignoring such mobs as Polar Worms, Iron Giants, Chimaeras and Demon Lords. Always drink potions if you get poisoned by those fast black skellies in the 2nd area and sand worms in the 4th area. Great Hunt may be useful against some mobs like Drowned Mutants whom you don't want to pounce thousand times due to their Hailstorm attack but remember to gain fury first to get multiplied GH missiles.
formxl
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
Hi,

I have a question about the jewels for socketing items. Wouldn't it be better to socket with 'Nih: +(2 to 8) Life on Striking in Melee and +(2 to 8) Mana on Striking in Melee' tha with 'Ber: (1 to 2)% Life Stolen per Hit and (1 to 2)% Mana Stolen per Hit' due to the penalty in LL in the Destruction difficulty?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
LoSiM is useless, because it doesn't work with pounce (it is not a melee attack). If you have more than 100% life leech in Destruction you're pretty much invincible in uberlevels unless you make wrong moves (arrowside, dunc barrels still will kill you very fast).

Life leech works simple: EVERY missile that deals WDM will steal life if it hits an enemy. There's an example: you activate War Spirit, you pounce to a group of enemies. Every spike in spike nova will leech life, every enemy hit by pounce nova will give you life back. If you have 6x earth rune RW, each javelin from the javelin nova will leech life as well.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Also you have to be pretty bad pouncezon to die by arrowside... its almost impossible (assuming you have end-game gear). I used to stand in two and sometimes three arrowside without dying. 50% DR + Over 1 mil. defense does the trick. :)
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
He seem to doesn't have most charms and expensive items yet. I didn't mention endgame gear and endgame stats. 100% LL can be gathered with ease by MO's, jewels, Bartuc and Horazon's charms. That is enough to safely pounce from one pack in TA to another without having superhigh defence of DR but if you have mediocre gear and stand still to an arrowside, yes, you'll surely die :) That what I did mean to say.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Median XL Team Member
:mjump: I have to say, the pouncezon has been my most fun char. :mjump: