Act 5 Mercenary Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
xpress
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
robinro wrote:
Coldzero wrote:Usually u dont take your merc do the all the killing just to get high mf drop by combining your merc mf to the account.

you do realize that the mf on your merc only works if he is the one killing stuff?

if your char kills stuff: only the mf on char kicks in

if merc kills stuff: merc mf + mf on char kicks in

and its "enhanced weapon damage / armor" and not "enchanted" (just a little typo)

also nice guide, thx for your work.

Can anyone verify this?
RandomOnions
Mahasattva
921 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I can
robinro
Azure Drake
171 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if it uses the same mechanics as d2 vanilla (which i assume):

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic_Fin ... Minions.3F
Darthaghar
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
LHawkins1 wrote:Edit: if you're making a public guide to help new people out with gearing their A5 mercenary, you should update the ubers section to be much more clear about what you're trying to say instead of, "loses his virginity here"

gotta agree with that one! it was funny and there were couple of grammar mistakes and misspellings here and there but they could be easily fixed.

Didnt knew most of the bugs about the merc I have heard about something similar but didn't believed it because it's so weird... blizzard really has some spaghetti code behind that engine.....
Coldzero
Stone Warrior
32 | 8
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Updated
neonsol
Destroyer
6 | 0
I'm actually having trouble hiring the act 5 merc, i talk to the merc hire NPC and the hire option isnt there. Any suggestions?
KalodecoiaTV
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
neonsol wrote:I'm actually having trouble hiring the act 5 merc, i talk to the merc hire NPC and the hire option isnt there. Any suggestions?

Did you rescue the barbs?
neonsol
Destroyer
6 | 0
KalodecoiaTV wrote:
neonsol wrote:I'm actually having trouble hiring the act 5 merc, i talk to the merc hire NPC and the hire option isnt there. Any suggestions?

Did you rescue the barbs?

Ah yeah, that was it, can't believe i forgot about that :mrgreen: