147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
RandomOnions wrote:
MUS01 wrote:Well, I think that 1 overkiller barb using nephalem weapons(nephalem spirit, is the same thing) can do almost any encounter...I'm doing that build in median 1.3 : you get high physical and all the main 3 elemental damages (cold, fire and lightning). Average defense from spirit guide, (500k with good gear, but hey, is not so glass cannon). In 1.3 you need different sources for each elemental... but I don't know if the uber still has that condition in Sigma...

500k without bearstance or runemaster? That's some BIS gear to reach that. I'm actually curious

Yeah gotta remember though that he's playing 1.3 so itemization is totally different. Plus having multiple sources of damage isn't really necessary anymore.

In general I avoid spirit guide or relying on wolves with this build because throw skills and wolves have subpar synergy. The great thing about being ranged in median is being able to hit any part of your screen but when wolves are applying their debuff to a couple mobs close to your character it sucks! :D
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Then, take glad's dominance as uber skill. But if you have a more defensive build, take runemaster, or if you full attack, use Nephalem spirit...But if you already choose runemaster, why do you still go for max block? It's no sense
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
MUS01 wrote:Then, take glad's dominance as uber skill. But if you have a more defensive build, take runemaster, or if you full attack, use Nephalem spirit...But if you already choose runemaster, why do you still go for max block? It's no sense

I'm confused?

I don't go for max block. I don't put any points into dex at all.

Runemaster doesn't make the build defensive either, you're just using high defense as opposed to mediocre defense and high block
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
m0uth wrote:My throwbarb is different than this and uses Lacerator as weap for oskill which frees up points for anything. Also I use Kra hammerhead axe runeword (grandfather works too) for ancients hand oskill which melts bosses.
18k damage (current can go higher)
Somewhere around 50% deadly strike
Somewhere around 30% crushing blow
10k life
Max block
80% res
50% life leech
260k defence
25% chance to avoid
300%mf (current can go higher)
Fast as hell
Most fun build I play

Keep in mind some of my gear is sub-par and I have only used 250 signets so far.
Also need like 8 more charms.

Lmk if you want more details

I tried lacerator but I don't like the way bear claw Nova works. It's inferior to Overkill just about every way imo.

And if I was going to use a skill that converts 100% to elemental I'd probably just focus on that and stack -res gear.

Your life is very low, as is the defense. Damage looks okay but bear claw nova spreads it out. That build just isn't for me but hey if you like it more power to you.
kamolider
Prowler
17 | 0
m0uth wrote:My throwbarb is different than this and uses Lacerator as weap for oskill which frees up points for anything. Also I use Kra hammerhead axe runeword (grandfather works too) for ancients hand oskill which melts bosses.
18k damage (current can go higher)
Somewhere around 50% deadly strike
Somewhere around 30% crushing blow
10k life
Max block
80% res
50% life leech
260k defence
25% chance to avoid
300%mf (current can go higher)
Fast as hell
Most fun build I play

Keep in mind some of my gear is sub-par and I have only used 250 signets so far.
Also need like 8 more charms.

Lmk if you want more details

Would you link your NotArmory? I would love to try throwing barb, got bored of xbow necro :(
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I mean it is an overkill guide....

for what it's worth, I never found bear claw nova that exciting either. I was generally better off with stampede in comparison, but depends on your style.
kamolider
Prowler
17 | 0

Your armory is set to private, change pls :mrgreen:
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
m0uth wrote:
where are you seeing converts? My damage is all phys besides the little magic damage granted from bear claw.. (2k)
Also the need of that much life is not needed due to so much life steal and max block + avoid. I never get hit, and when I 1 throw im full hp.
I face tank mobs because I throw so fast (wolf stance) that they just melt and never have a chance to hit me.
I respect your opinion on overkill, the skill is just not my playstyle.

I meant for ancient's hand. It's an awesome skill but it doesn't leech and youd need two gear sets to use it to it's largest effectiveness.

I didn't mean to say your build can't clear mobs I was just a little concerned about killing bosses that do large amounts of damage in 1 hit. But I don't play it so I have no idea =)

I personally like builds that are effective at single target and mob clearing which is why I was drawn to Overkill. But to each his own. That's the beauty of median- there's so many different playstyles!

I encourage you to write your own throw Barb guide because I'm probably wrong about it and I'd like to see a guide that shows such a unique style. And I'm new to writing guides so I could probably learn a lot from yours :)
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Just hit 110 on my first ever Barb (Second character ever) and after playing StormZon all the way through 90%+ of the game and now playing this class it does seem like i have more options for spec and gear for different situations. Damage and defenses are about on par with Stormzon in just TUs as well. I figure once i start working Sacred's and Runewords like the Boots this thing will be able to tackle nearly everything as well. Only difference with this class is if and when i do need to respec i seem to have more options available to me which is welcome.

So far its fun so thats all that matters to me. Ive been bouncing back a forth between Deathgaze/Axe and this throw setup and i like the throw setup i will definitely be using it to farm places like Tenganze and hopefully Toraja is actually a comfortable farm in this spec. I figure im not getting the full effect of throw though without having procs to use from Overkill though. I figure once i get some procs going Throw might feel better for clearing. Idk im kinda trying all the different specs out on this Barb since its my first one and im trying to learn the class. There are a lot of strong tools in the Barbs belt im finding just like with Amazon. Only on this class i dont get locked into just a single weapon/tree which is cool.

Cant wait to get to 125.. seems like on my Zon thats where things really start to come together for endgame. Around that point if you kept up with Charms as you went as much as possible charms alone is HUGE stuff for builds ive found. Especially if you upgraded into your endgame gear by this point once you hit Fauzt you can go from 125-135+ in just a few hours. At least thats how it played out on the Zon.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Demonlord wrote:Cant wait to get to 125.. seems like on my Zon thats where things really start to come together for endgame. Around that point if you kept up with Charms as you went as much as possible charms alone is HUGE stuff for builds ive found. Especially if you upgraded into your endgame gear by this point once you hit Fauzt you can go from 125-135+ in just a few hours. At least thats how it played out on the Zon.

It's crazy how different the leveling from 120-125 is compared to everything else. It's almost as if the developers put the wrong exp value into those zones!