Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
sounds like the game has corrupted your save files. Are you able to start the game with your char? If yes and all works fine / all items are still there, you can send me your save files for investigation.
JordanMew
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Honestly these problems started happening when I bought this laptop with Windows 10 my desktop is still using windows 7 I clean installed D2 on this comp got 1.13 patch and the latest patch for median. On windows 7 this works great, so I pretty much copied the way I did it on my desktop to this laptop and I started having problems, there is no legacy items in stash at all, this is a clean install and I got the latest version of median via the link to moddb, I start a new character and it doesn't matter what I put in shared stash it gives me the same message ""page 1 of "whatever my character name is" has wrong item header"" I hit ok than ""page 1 of "LODSharedStash.sss" has wrong item header"". Its just weird as ive had no problems at all with any of the addons on windows 7, probably has nothing to do with OS I'm probably just stupid as fuck.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
and can you play with your char without plugy on w10?
JordanMew
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
yes I can like the character plays just fine its just whenever I want to use offline tool and starts acting weird, I decided to just say screw It so I'm playing online now.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
it'd be very helpful if you could send your save files
Unremarkable
Skeleton
3 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi Kambala. I'm having the same problem.

I'm using ultimativeXVI and have used the provided zip.

I've made three characters to aid with debugging. The first character "Test" was created using the PlugY (version 11.02) client. The second character "TestNoPlugy" was created with the normal client. The third character "TestSomePlugy" was created using the normal client then played briefly using the PlugY client.

The Offline Tools fails to open "Test" and "TestSomePlugy", giving the error Page 1 of '<name>.d2x' has wrong item header, however "TestNoPlugy" is opened fine.

I am able to play any character with either client, however after playing a character even a single time using the PlugY client prevents it from being opened by Offline Tools, even if it was last played using the normal client.

Hope this helps. I can provide more information if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4arqowdb254o82/AAAAq0P30XoLrLTcjTgTG9Hfa?dl=0
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Thank you very much! Maybe new plugy version has changed file format, will check.

EDIT: could you please add d2x files as well?
Unremarkable
Skeleton
3 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm afraid I didn't keep them, so I've made two new characters, "Plugy" and "NoPlugy", which where made following the same rules as before.

I've uploaded all of their files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4arqowdb254o82/AAAEWjuj1Ur_mehV2ouNzogza/Gen2?dl=0
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Thanks!

The reason of the bug is file format change in PlugY v11: it adds metadata to each page and may also add a name to any page.

I've implemented a quick fix, but can't release it just like that as it needs to be thoroughly tested first. Would be great if someone could prepare a test character with various page settings, so that I have less work to do :)
Unremarkable
Skeleton
3 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If you're referring to the ability to name stash tabs I'll put something together. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Acting on the assumption that I'm correct, I've configured my personal and shared stashes in the following way:

Renamed pages 1-3 to "Page #".
Renamed page 4 to be the longest name I could fit "0123456789ABCDE"
Made page 5 an index page.
Made page 6 the main index page.
Renamed pages 7 and 8 to "Page 7" and "Page 8" then inserted a page after page 7

I wasn't able to give a page an empty name.

Personal and shared stashes were configured using the same steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ps2tw4tpjraes93/AADwBeNeRBSfHzQjPOsYsWTEa?dl=0

If you need anything else, let me know.