Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Nightquaker wrote:The issue happened precisely when I used MXLOT to unlock the waypoints, so it's probably related to that. I have tried lowering the level and it didn't help, the 1000xp cycle was still happening.
I'm guessing the issue might've been caused by how I updated the mod data. Instead of deleting old data, I just unpacked it with replace. Do you have any suggestions regarding that?

replacing mod data is correct, shouldn't be related to that.

please send me your character, will try to fix.
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
kambala wrote:
Nightquaker wrote:The issue happened precisely when I used MXLOT to unlock the waypoints, so it's probably related to that. I have tried lowering the level and it didn't help, the 1000xp cycle was still happening.
I'm guessing the issue might've been caused by how I updated the mod data. Instead of deleting old data, I just unpacked it with replace. Do you have any suggestions regarding that?

replacing mod data is correct, shouldn't be related to that.

please send me your character, will try to fix.

Sure, here is the character. I have temporarily restored the pre-issue backup, the file attached is the one with the issue.
Also, it'd be really nice if you could elaborate what happened that broke the character, so I (and others perhaps) can avoid the issue in the future.
Before unlocking the waypoints, the character was not tampered with at all. The only thing I did with it is unlock waypoints with the Offline Tool.
Also, something of note, the Offline Tool posted in the "Tools" section on MedianXL website is the older version (0.6.3 I believe), while your latest version is 0.6.4. I have used 0.6.4, but maybe 0.6.3 is more stable or something? Oris it just the case of Median devs not updating the tool hosted on the website?

Thanks.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
thanks, will check
Nightquaker wrote:Oris it just the case of Median devs not updating the tool hosted on the website?

this
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It can be also related to area where you trying to level... Should be +/- 5-7 level difference between your clvl and area lvl. But if you getting exp and then getting rollback.... not sure what can it be. Didn't you apply read-only on your char savefile?
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Scalewinged wrote:It can be also related to area where you trying to level... Should be +/- 5-7 level difference between your clvl and area lvl. But if you getting exp and then getting rollback.... not sure what can it be. Didn't you apply read-only on your char savefile?

The issue happens everywhere, so it's not related to any specific area.
As for read-only, no, it's not applied to the character file.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Been there. It not an issue of this tool. It's probably because you were leveling in an area lvl too high for your current char lvl. Your attacks miss a lot. Mobs are hard to kill, and give no exp when killed.

Often happened when you activate waypoints, because you rush through acts too fast then.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
don't see any issues with the char. no limitations related to exp exist in save file.
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Maertsy wrote:Been there. It not an issue of this tool. It's probably because you were leveling in an area lvl too high for your current char lvl. Your attacks miss a lot. Mobs are hard to kill, and give no exp when killed.

Often happened when you activate waypoints, because you rush through acts too fast then.

Rushing through acts is physically impossible with the tool in Sigma, as the game doesn't allow me to skip acts forward, even with the waypoints unlocked. The furthest I can go is the last waypoint of the act I'm on currently.
Area level is not an issue either, since I tested the issue with all sorts of different areas, including the ones that are appropriate for my level, and the issue was still there.
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
kambala wrote:don't see any issues with the char. no limitations related to exp exist in save file.

Are you sure? Did you test it within your Median XL Sigma install, or via some kind of code/hex check or something like that?
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Hmm, this is bizarre. So I went ahead and loaded the broken character again, after unpacking it into the save folder from the archive I posted here earlier, and the issue seems to be gone. That's weird. Maybe there was an accidental read-only applied to it somehow previously, or something like that.